PDA

View Full Version : Cloistered Cleric in A Nutshell?

Palanan
2013-12-17, 02:03 PM
So, given that the Cloistered Cleric still retains full casting progression, does the loss of medium and heavy armor really have much of an effect? Or the slightly reduced hit points and BAB?

In the greater scheme of things, do these reductions matter all that much?

Zombulian
2013-12-17, 02:08 PM
No. Not at all. CC is generally considered way better than basic Cleric.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-12-17, 02:09 PM
Divine Power says "no."

Silva Stormrage
2013-12-17, 04:20 PM
Divine Power says "no."

+1, Really the only thing lost is heavy armor proficiency. Which really isn't that big of a loss anyway.

bekeleven
2013-12-17, 04:29 PM
If you want to try to balance cloistered cleric, D4 HD and spell failure as arcane.

JeenLeen
2013-12-17, 04:33 PM
Don't they also get the Knowledge Domain for free (as a 3rd domain), which most trade for Knowledge Devotion?

I remember hearing that being key to Cloistered Cleric being better than regular.

Silva Stormrage
2013-12-17, 04:34 PM
Don't they also get the Knowledge Domain for free (as a 3rd domain), which most trade for Knowledge Devotion?

I remember hearing that being key to Cloistered Cleric being better than regular.

I usually trade it out for Divine Magician ACF, but yes that is another great thing about it.

Techwarrior
2013-12-17, 04:37 PM

Yessir. That's also where they get Knowledge as a class skill. A lot of clerics players forget that they lose all Knowledges (keeping the ones inherent to cleric) when they trade for the Devotion feat.

bekeleven
2013-12-17, 04:47 PM
Yessir. That's also where they get Knowledge as a class skill. A lot of clerics players forget that they lose all Knowledges (keeping the ones inherent to cleric) when they trade for the Devotion feat.

Yeah. All knowledges as a class skill is more annoying to get than a devotion feat in many builds. I mean, Educated if using FR regionals I guess.