PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed. The reason you buy a 360.

Jibar
2007-01-17, 11:33 AM
Assassin's Creed.
Take control of Altair, a highly trained (you guessed it) Assassin in the Third Crusade, as you are sent to take out leaders of the various armies.
My friend mentioned this, and then told me to go watch a google video of it.
Needless to say, I hate my friend now. (http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-3431004308498008494&q=Assassin%27s+Creed)
Now, I'm saving up for a 360, just so I can have this game. Just the idea of running from rooftop to rooftop leaping from the edge and landing on my target knife first, then fleeing into the city, cutting down stalls and people to slow my pursuers...it's enough to make me drool after this game.

Penguinizer
2007-01-17, 12:50 PM
I seriously hope that that will be ported over to the wii.

ChubsMcGee
2007-01-18, 01:18 AM

My guess, is probably no. And if it is ported, a whole slew of changes due to the weakness of the wii.

Though the game looks pretty good. And I may consider getting a 360.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-18, 02:37 AM
Damn that looks awesome. Another reason to get a 360.

Thought that intuition(that was the name, right?) thing isn't quite believable.

Premier
2007-01-18, 08:30 AM
The game looks promising, but I was peeved by all the hype of the presentation speech. I mean, the game is basically Thief meets Hitman with more modern graphics and a more powerful CPU. I'm not dissing it, it might very well end up being a good or even great game, but ultimately what we've seen so far doesn't display anything revolutionary. All the talk about "designed for the next generation of systems" and "total freedom"? Psah! It's the rethreading of some older and very good concepts. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Penguinizer
2007-01-18, 08:44 AM
Meh, Now I want a 360, but my sister and I decided that we would get a wii.

Were-Sandwich
2007-01-18, 02:06 PM
I hope they release this on PC. Stupid lack of decent console

Penguinizer
2007-01-18, 02:08 PM
If it is released for the pc than good. Might actually get it. Looks great.

Falkus
2007-01-18, 06:59 PM
It's going to be released on the PC. I'm going to have to upgrade.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-18, 07:19 PM

I highly doubt it. A game will usually come out for all three, or just one most of the time. That and Xbox doesn't have a habit of having games like this that are slated for it made for any other system.

Vazzaroth
2007-01-18, 11:08 PM
I have been looking forward to Assassin's for ages... except its a reason for me to buy a PS3... I don't know about a Wii relese, and I personally don't care, as I will be playing it happily on my Dualshock, not jumping about wildly...

neriana
2007-01-18, 11:39 PM
I highly doubt it. A game will usually come out for all three, or just one most of the time. That and Xbox doesn't have a habit of having games like this that are slated for it made for any other system.

It was originally supposed to be a PS3 exclusive. There are a ton of huge games that are going to be on both the PS3 and 360 now. For big exclusives, PS3 has Final Fantasy; 360 has Halo. Unfortunately, this probably means the PS3 will wrap up the RPG market while the 360 sticks with shooters, which means I'll eventually have to buy the giant expensive box of crud that is the PS3.

The Wii is too different. Very few games are going to cross over; those that do, will have to make monumental changes, both in graphics and in gameplay. They'll be different games with the same name.

ETA: Vassaroth, the PS3 doesn't have a dual shock. It's the Sixaxis wireless controller with motion-sensing capability, but no vibration.

Daracaex
2007-01-19, 12:51 AM
I have a Wii and it's a great system. And now I find myself wanting the 360 as well (not just for Assasin's Creed). Too bad the only person that I know who would let me come over and play it is my uncle and lives an hour away...

Vaniel
2007-01-19, 01:26 AM
z0mg1 A must have! I must have an XBOX360! The Gaming Gods demand it!

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-19, 01:29 AM
I want an xBox360 now.

Although, if it is coming out on PC...

Glaivemaster
2007-01-19, 03:10 AM
I think it's coming out for PC. I first heard about it in PC Gamer, so, it's fairly likely

I didn't think it would be coming out for 360 in fact. But if it is...(I already got mine. Oblivion was my reason for buying it)

Tekar
2007-01-19, 03:32 AM
Looks nice, but I'm always very cinical towards hyped games (ever since that one hyped 360 game came out) so I recommend to wait and see if the developers live up to what they're promising. Because that doesn't seem to be very important anymore these days.

Jibar
2007-01-19, 11:22 AM
(ever since that one hyped 360 game came out)

Gears of War?
If so, I agree, very much.

I also agree with you on hyped games. Most of them never meet the expectations.
But looking at this thing...I reckon they might. It's from Ubisoft, who I have complete faith in. A lot of the feature's they're promising are in that demo, and that demo certainly shows off them features.

I do wonder, those guards don't look like they can climb, so why cut down the platform, when you could climb up and escape to freedom?

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-19, 11:27 AM
Maybe they have bows. There's usually no cover on walls.

Jibar
2007-01-19, 12:05 PM
They all seemed to have swords.
Hey, maybe the enemies are smart enough to cut down the platform you're standing on to get you?
That could be why.

Tekar
2007-01-19, 12:08 PM
Gears of War?
No, I was talking about that game with the revolutionary radiant AI, uber physics engine and speed trees.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-19, 12:09 PM
They're probably just showing it off. Running through the streets from the guards would be much more glamorous than climbing a wall and hiding on a roof.

Penguinizer
2007-01-19, 12:14 PM
No, I was talking about that game with the revolutionary radiant AI, uber physics engine and speed trees.
Elder scrolls 4?

beholder
2007-01-19, 01:23 PM
what the hell is up with the freaky game over screen?

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-19, 01:33 PM
What? It goes all white. What's freaky about that?

beholder
2007-01-19, 01:39 PM
it's futuristic, it looks like inside a VR visor
EDIT: yep, you can see a guy in a lab coat lean into veiw.
oh yeah, it looks good.finally a use for my 360

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-19, 01:58 PM
Oh that. Seeing as the spokeswomen refused to talk about it, I guess it's something not yet finished.

Probably the game menu, though.

beholder
2007-01-19, 02:05 PM
it smells fishy.i hope they don't screw up an otherwise good game by adding sci-fi (it was all VR) to it

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-19, 02:10 PM
News has also circulated about a 'sci-fi twist', due to information from developer interviews, and some effects visible in trailers of the game. It is theorized that the historical setting may be a simulation, or perhaps some sort of genetic memory, for purposes of training or other gain, being undertaken by an unknown group in the present or near future. During a trailer shown at E3, the screen would glitch and go fuzzy at times, and at one point where Altair is killed, the screen fades to black and then shows a head's up display with the words 'computer offline'. Ubisoft has confirmed that Assassin's Creed will be part of a trilogy, and has also stated that one or both of the sequels may have a futuristic setting.

:eek:

Could be.

beholder
2007-01-19, 02:17 PM
damn....
i was hoping i was wrong

Hannes
2007-01-19, 02:19 PM
When is it gonna be out on PC? ^^;;;

Jibar
2007-01-19, 02:34 PM
See, I don't mind the little futuristic bits. The main core of the game is set in the middle east, in all of the towns of the Third Crusade. I see nothing wrong with a little bit of sci fi story, as long as they suddenly don't spring some kind of robot or other crap in the middle of a city.

Premier
2007-01-19, 03:29 PM
They all seemed to have swords.
Hey, maybe the enemies are smart enough to cut down the platform you're standing on to get you?

Well, the assassin in the video ran into a circle of a dozen guards, and they were not smart enough to attack him simultaneously, so I guess maybe not...

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-20, 01:51 AM
It was originally supposed to be a PS3 exclusive. There are a ton of huge games that are going to be on both the PS3 and 360 now. For big exclusives, PS3 has Final Fantasy; 360 has Halo. Unfortunately, this probably means the PS3 will wrap up the RPG market while the 360 sticks with shooters, which means I'll eventually have to buy the giant expensive box of crud that is the PS3.

The Wii is too different. Very few games are going to cross over; those that do, will have to make monumental changes, both in graphics and in gameplay. They'll be different games with the same name..

I love my gamecube, and the whole reason I bought it was for RE. As for the Wii, I just don't like the whole motion thing. (If I want to go exersize, I'll go run or bike or play golf for real). As for PS3 being a box a crud, I don't know about that. Expensive yes, crud no. If the PS2 and original Xbox are any indication, PS3 will have much better games that Xbox. Xbox has only a handfull of good games, and the rest were crap. Unlike the PS2, which probably has the best game selection there is.

neriana
2007-01-21, 02:01 PM
The PS3 burns out on a regular basis, even though it's been underclocked. I'd say that's crud. We can't move the things out of our store. The vast majority of PS2 games are horrible, too, it's just that it has so many games, it beat out the other systems. The Gamecube has a far higher percentage of good games in its library than either the PS2 or XBox. At the moment, the PS3 has exactly one good game you can't find somewhere else: Resistance. The Wii has more than that, and the 360 has far more than that.

Mr Horse
2007-01-21, 06:01 PM
i wasn't overly impressed with neither the NPC reactions to the assassination nor the the fight that ensued afterwards. they all seemed really confused and not very guard-like.

as if they were going "what's going on!! who is that guy!! did that other guy just die?? what do those pointy things do!! wow is he dead?? oh hey he's running away!! everyone, let us draw our swords!! what are swords?? let's go after that guy!! should we attack?? what do we do?? what if he pees on us?? eeeww!!"

and the intuition thing seemed a bit contrived as well. why not have you identify the target based on physical features and actions (and mission info) - you know, forcing you to THINK about what you're doing rather than just switching on what looks more like a rip off of AvP's "pheromone vision" than anything else?

it seemed pretty silly. i hope they at least make the AI a hell of a lot better in the actual release.

not something i'm freaking out over otherwise.

Ptolemy
2007-01-21, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't mind a sci-fi twist, but if I get to the end and it turns out the whole thing was a senseless computer-aided dream, I'd have to puke. At least come up with a reason why it all happened.

I like the fact that Altair is an original Hashashin (or at least a romanticized version of one). That's bold in this day and age.

And may I just add that the producer, Jade Raymond, is gorgeous.

Glaivemaster
2007-01-22, 04:57 PM
i wasn't overly impressed with neither the NPC reactions to the assassination nor the the fight that ensued afterwards. they all seemed really confused and not very guard-like.

as if they were going "what's going on!! who is that guy!! did that other guy just die?? what do those pointy things do!! wow is he dead?? oh hey he's running away!! everyone, let us draw our swords!! what are swords?? let's go after that guy!! should we attack?? what do we do?? what if he pees on us?? eeeww!!"

and the intuition thing seemed a bit contrived as well. why not have you identify the target based on physical features and actions (and mission info) - you know, forcing you to THINK about what you're doing rather than just switching on what looks more like a rip off of AvP's "pheromone vision" than anything else?

it seemed pretty silly. i hope they at least make the AI a hell of a lot better in the actual release.

not something i'm freaking out over otherwise.

To be honest, if some guy came up to my friend/boss/guy standing next to me, and suddenly turned around and stabbed him, I'd hesitate in knowing what to do. Wouldn't you? It's not like they're expecting it to happen, even in a war torn land. If he'd just run in with his sword, I'm sure they would have been better prepared.

The intuition bit does annoy me, but from what I've seen you have to do a lot more to find out about your target before even reaching the intuition stage, and then you have to get somewhere you are likely to see them

Anyway, I can't wait for this to come out. And I'm interested to see what the sci-fi twist is (not a time traveller, apparently, but that's slightly ambiguous in that it could still be VR)

neriana
2007-01-22, 05:00 PM
Two other reasons for a 360: Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. Turn-based RPGs by the team that brought about Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy up to X, including music by Nobuo Uematsu (Blue Dragon at least)? Yes please.

Mr Horse
2007-01-22, 07:04 PM
To be honest, if some guy came up to my friend/boss/guy standing next to me, and suddenly turned around and stabbed him, I'd hesitate in knowing what to do. Wouldn't you?

well, considering that i've reacted faster to a pretty nasty fight breaking out very unexpectedly right next to me and i have no training in anything whatsoever, no, I doubt that I would hesitate if I were one of those guards.
Not to mention that the guy just so obviously and non-stealthily walked up to the victim - he would have caught my attention immediately, even if i didn't think he was a threat before the assassination.

eh, i dunno maybe the guards were drunk lol

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-23, 02:46 AM
Maybe they lost initiative? :wink:

I think this game looks pretty good, unless this sci-fi twist is, well, crappy. And that wouldn't be hard to do.

Daracaex
2007-01-28, 05:09 PM
Why don't we just wait till it comes out and judge it then? People are always hyped to play what people have said will be the perfect game, find out it is simply a good game, then say it sucks because it wasn't perfect. Don't fall into this trap.

Radiant AI? The only game I've heard of in relation to that is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It's a good game, but don't get it for the Xbox360. If your comp is good enough, get it for PC so that you can use mods. Mods infinitly increase replay value and the size and quality of a game. Heck, you can even plug a 360 controller to your usb port and play using the controller if you really want that aspect.

Myatar_Panwar
2007-01-28, 09:50 PM
It was originally supposed to be a PS3 exclusive. There are a ton of huge games that are going to be on both the PS3 and 360 now. For big exclusives, PS3 has Final Fantasy; 360 has Halo.

Well the 360 actually has a FF game. Final Fantasy XI.

But I'm just glad I own a 360. So far I've loved the games that I've bought for it (Gears of War being my favorite so far), and I've been waiting for Assassins Creed for ages. Gotta love that trailer.

Edit: Oh, and does anyone here on the forums a part of Xbox live?