PDA

View Full Version : Looking to make a Gestalt Barbarian Druid who wild shapes and rages. Any ideas?

SogeSaint
2013-12-18, 04:58 AM
as in the title. if for some reason there is a conflict where you cant actually rage and wild shape at the same time im sure my DM will still let me. Any ideas?

Mr Adventurer
2013-12-18, 05:04 AM
About what?

Kennisiou
2013-12-18, 05:10 AM
My suggestion is you look into prestiging into Master of Many Forms if this is your overall strategy. It gives you more wildshapes per day and more things to turn into at the cost of not progressing the druid's spellcasting. The main reason this is beneficial is that you can't cast spells while raging, so the druid's casting is often going to be worthless in combat. Staying a druid rather than going wildshape ranger is still probably a good idea, since you get more spells for out of combat utility that way as well as a better will save (which in my opinion is more important than the improved skillpoints, fast movement, and better reflex save you'd get by being a wildshape ranger). Consider also taking warshaper levels for even more shaping and raging shenanigans, as well as taking feats like elephant hide or wings of the hawk in order to buff yourself while wilshaped even further.

Eldan
2013-12-18, 05:15 AM
as in the title. if for some reason there is a conflict where you cant actually rage and wild shape at the same time im sure my DM will still let me. Any ideas?

None as far as I know. Can I recommend a build idea I quite like?

Take druid on one side. Pretty much straigth. On the other? Shifter Barbarian/Warblade/Bloodclaw master.

Take Extra Rage, since you'll only have a few barbarian levels. Apart from that, shifter feats, natural attack feats, power attack and the normal melee feats.

You can now shapeshift while you shapeshift and rage while you rage.

Kaje
2013-12-18, 05:18 AM
Warshaper + SLT Barbarian is crazy-good.

My preferred build would be SLTBarb 20 // Wild Shape Ranger 5 / Master of Many Forms 3 / Warshaper 5 / MoMF 7.

Your stats don't matter. There's no reason for you to ever be in your true form.

So probably human for race, for that extra feat.

Mr Adventurer
2013-12-18, 05:33 AM
Bear Warrior, so you can wildshape into a bear that rages into a stronger bear (bonus points if rage bear is actually smaller than wildshape bear).

Drachasor
2013-12-18, 06:00 AM
Bear Warrior, so you can wildshape into a bear that rages into a stronger bear (bonus points if rage bear is actually smaller than wildshape bear).

"My god, he's concentrating his Bearocity!"