PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 incendiary cloud

Raezeman
2013-12-18, 08:12 AM
is it me, or is this spell very underwhelming for a lv 8 spell. I mean, 4d6 fire damage is not much at all by the time you have access to lv 8 spells i would say. A single resist energy would mostly ignore the damage, and the obscuring sight part, well, cloud is not so big, so moving out of it is no problem, as the cloud is not like solid fog.

is the level 5 spell 'cloudkill' not way better than this level 8 spell, or am i missing something here?

AMFV
2013-12-18, 08:18 AM
You're not, the spell is underwhelming for an eighth level spell. It's actually just freaking terrible. It's 4d6 (reflex half) not 4d6... So that's even worse. It's one of the worst eighth level spells, a direct damage spell that sucks compared to even lower level direct damage spells and does the most resisted type of damage in the game.

Waker
2013-12-18, 08:19 AM
Frankly, the spell is severely underwhelming. I think Acid Fog is a far superior spell, not only providing damage (acid instead of fire) and limiting line of sight, but also duplicating Solid Fog on top of it.

Gwendol
2013-12-18, 10:06 AM
This spell should not be cast.

AMFV
2013-12-18, 10:07 AM
This spell should not be cast.

Except as a joke, to burn another wizard's beard off at a birthday party, that's a good use for it.