PDA

View Full Version : Rain clouds above!

D4rkh0rus
2013-12-18, 07:47 PM
Well, This is from an ongoing campaign, me and a teamate (im a cleric, hes a druid) began hitting each other with create water.... now I wanna escalate it...

Is there any way to create a small storm cloud that follows a character and constantly rains over him using Cleric spells? (I also have spell domain, So I have access to 1 lvl 2 and 1 lvl 5 sorcerer/wizard spell each day) Lvl doesnt matter, Duration either (I can DMM persist it).

Help me show my hate for druids! let them suffer watery demise!

Stux
2013-12-18, 07:59 PM
Level doesn't matter? Sounds like a job for epic spell casting!

Seriously though, Waterspout looks like the closest match I can find. You control a swirling vortex of water which you can move around by concentrating on it.

Irony? Its a Druid spell. Most spells that manipulate water seem to be. You'll need some cheese, or at least item abuse, to get it.

EDIT: It is in the Ocean domain though, so swapping a domain out may be a way to go (Heretic of the Faith feat for example - which is kind of fitting: your heresy could be your fanatical obsession with soaking druids!)

Seracain
2013-12-18, 08:01 PM
Bestow Curse should do the trick. :smallamused:

Stux
2013-12-18, 08:05 PM
Bestow Curse should do the trick. :smallamused:

Yeah actually. If literally all it is doing is making the target wet, that seems like an affect that Bestow Curse should cover. Requires specific DM approval though.

Fax Celestis
2013-12-18, 08:11 PM
Thunderhead in SpC.

eggynack
2013-12-18, 08:26 PM
Thunderhead in SpC.
That one is unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your perspective) on the wrong end of the cleric/druid continuum for these purposes.

Darrin
2013-12-18, 09:03 PM
That one is unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your perspective) on the wrong end of the cleric/druid continuum for these purposes.

It's low enough level to UMD a scroll without too much trouble (particularly with guidance of the avatar for a +20 bonus). A persistent thunderhead could be amusing... or terrifyingly lethal.

Seracain
2013-12-18, 09:05 PM
You could ask the DM if you could modify Thunderhead to rain instead of hurting someone. It'd be no worse than create water balance wise.

eggynack
2013-12-18, 09:13 PM
It's low enough level to UMD a scroll without too much trouble (particularly with guidance of the avatar for a +20 bonus). A persistent thunderhead could be amusing... or terrifyingly lethal.
True enough. Also didn't notice the spell domain thing, because the spell is also on the wizard list.