PDA

View Full Version : Arcane adaptation for a War Mind?

Mr Adventurer
2013-12-18, 08:29 PM
Hey hey,

So I really like the War Mind PrC, but we never play with psionics. Is there an arcane spellcasting variant of it knocking around anywhere? If not, what would be an appropriate arcane spellcasting progression to substitute? Ideally, there'd be another PrC somewhere which had a similar arcane spellcasting power. Or... Duskblade 10?

AstralFire
2013-12-18, 08:50 PM
Hey hey,

So I really like the War Mind PrC, but we never play with psionics. Is there an arcane spellcasting variant of it knocking around anywhere? If not, what would be an appropriate arcane spellcasting progression to substitute? Ideally, there'd be another PrC somewhere which had a similar arcane spellcasting power. Or... Duskblade 10?

The Warmind's manifesting progression is very similar to 9 levels of a full manifesting class. Makes me think first level no spells per day (but caster level increase), 9 levels as a Sorcerer with spells drawn from Sor/Wiz, Hexblade and Duskblade.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-12-18, 08:57 PM
Have you checked out the Suel Arcanamach?

Urpriest
2013-12-19, 02:20 AM
Have you checked out the Suel Arcanamach?

This.

The whole point of War Mind is that it's a Psionic version of a standard concept, the limited-scope Arcane gish. So just go with one of those that already exists.

Fouredged Sword
2013-12-19, 08:02 AM
You may even be able to steal the Suel Arcanamach casting for the warmage class features. It would be too odd.