PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Ferocious Strike (Ferocity Subdomain)

Laniius
2013-12-18, 08:39 PM
So it says you can designate a melee attack as a ferocious strike 3+Wis mod per day, dealing 1/2 cleric level damage extra. Specifically, "Whenever you make a melee attack".

But no action is mentioned. So is it assumed to be a free action?

So, say at 15th level I have 3 attacks per round. Can I make all these ferocious strikes, using up 3 of the ferocious strikes that I have per day?

Ravens_cry
2013-12-18, 11:32 PM
So it says you can designate a melee attack as a ferocious strike 3+Wis mod per day, dealing 1/2 cleric level damage extra. Specifically, "Whenever you make a melee attack".

But no action is mentioned. So is it assumed to be a free action?

So, say at 15th level I have 3 attacks per round. Can I make all these ferocious strikes, using up 3 of the ferocious strikes that I have per day?
Don't see why not. It's not even a free action, the action is part of the attack.

grarrrg
2013-12-19, 12:02 AM
What he said.

Laniius
2013-12-19, 12:32 AM
Huh. If you can land them all, that's quite the nova strike.

Though I guess not really, as it'll only ever be an extra 10 damage per strike and Clerics get at most 3 attacks per round.

Any better ideas for a cleric who thinks he's a fighter?

(I like full casters. I also like playing them relatively suboptimally and spend most of my time smashing heads in. And then surprising the BBG or miniboss with full spellcasting).

Ravens_cry
2013-12-19, 01:06 AM
Huh. If you can land them all, that's quite the nova strike.

Though I guess not really, as it'll only ever be an extra 10 damage per strike and Clerics get at most 3 attacks per round.

Any better ideas for a cleric who thinks he's a fighter?

(I like full casters. I also like playing them relatively suboptimally and spend most of my time smashing heads in. And then surprising the BBG or miniboss with full spellcasting).
Well, there is Haste, not to mention Cleric Haste (AKA Blessing of Fervour (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/blessing-of-fervor)) Divine Favour and Divine Power for clerics who want to walk up and beat on things.

ArqArturo
2013-12-19, 02:17 AM
Reason why clerics are such monsters in melee.

And why Inquisitors can be powerful with this subdomain... Sort of.