PDA

View Full Version : Vengeful Dragonhide

Glooble Glistencrist
2007-01-17, 02:25 PM
This suit of +1 Dragonhide full plate is endowed with a number of unique abilities, depending on what kind of dragon supplied the hide. The wearer gains energy resistance 10 against the type of energy associated with that dragon. In addition, three times per day anyone hitting the wearer with a melee attack takes 2d8 + 6 points of damage of the same energy type. Otherwise this functions like the spell Electric Vengeance. Activating this ability is an immediate action.
Moderate abjuration: CL 3rd, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Resist Energy and Electric Vengeance, Price: 52,166 gp

I think I calculated the price wrong, but at least I made an effort this time.

Necrosis
2007-01-17, 07:03 PM
Hmm cool falvour item :)-very nicely done

how many +'s are those bonus's worth? Or are you using a diffrent forumula for cost calulation?

Mewtarthio
2007-01-17, 09:03 PM
When I read the topic title, I was expecting something more like "This +3 cursed suit of dragonhide fullplate transforms into an actual Wyrmling True Dragon to wreak vengeance upon those who profit wtih dragonhide."

Thomar_of_Uointer
2007-01-18, 12:47 PM
A command word is a standard action. How is the reactive damage ability supposed to work? It would be easier to say that the wearer can activate it as an immediate action after being hit in melee.

Glooble Glistencrist
2007-01-18, 10:49 PM
Good point. I'll change that.

Peregrine
2007-01-18, 10:56 PM
When I read the topic title, I was expecting something more like "This +3 cursed suit of dragonhide fullplate transforms into an actual Wyrmling True Dragon to wreak vengeance upon those who profit wtih dragonhide."

Ditto. Even when I read it I was thinking, 'So... does this electric vengeance hit the wearer? No? Aww...'

And just seconding the above, there's no such thing as an instantaneous action. Thomar's suggestion was good, or else it might just be a constant effect that discharges on the first three people each day to hit you in melee?

Glooble Glistencrist
2007-01-19, 11:25 AM
I meant to put immediate action. Changed again.