PDA

View Full Version : Build Advise needed

Macabros
2013-12-18, 09:05 PM
Ok so I helped my buddy build thor and he liked it but he wanted to try his own hand at it. So he came up with

Cleric 1/Stormlord 8/Hammer of Moradin 1//Barbarian 2/Warblade 8
He is a Dwarf and we refluffed Stormlord to work with Warhammers along with Javelins.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good idea or not?

gorfnab
2013-12-18, 09:41 PM
How is he meeting the prereqs of Stormlord at second level (specifically the casting of 3rd level spells and the base Fortitude of +4)?

Also I would keep Hammer of Moradin on the noncasting side of the build since it unfortunately does not advance casting. Basically go with Cleric X // Hammer of Moradin X.

Macabros
2013-12-18, 09:48 PM
Agreed I told him I think for Cleric he has to wait till level 5, now for the Fortitude he pointed out it gives you a +2 and you begin with a plus 2

eggynack
2013-12-18, 09:52 PM
Agreed I told him I think for Cleric he has to wait till level 5, now for the Fortitude he pointed out it gives you a +2 and you begin with a plus 2
You need the fortitude before you can take the class. You can't get prerequisite stuff from the class you're getting the prerequisites for. That doesn't even make sense.

Macabros
2013-12-18, 09:57 PM
No the Prequest are Great Fortitude its not a benefit of the class.

He said he will change it if he has to.

See our DM has a rule about PrCs in Gestalt, so long as its not a Caster PrC or grants insanely overpowered abilities like Illithid Savant or whatever we can take a PrC on Both sides.

jedipilot24
2013-12-18, 09:58 PM

Doesn't matter, the prereq is the BASE save; it has to be met before the Prc bonus is applied. Great Fortitude does not increase the base save, it's a bonus applied to the base save; base save is determined by class.
So the character should be something along the lines of:

Cleric 5/Stormlord 10/X5//Any Full BAB 7/Hammer of Moradin 10/X3

eggynack
2013-12-18, 10:00 PM
Ah. Well, the prerequisite is base save bonus, and great fortitude is not that, so it doesn't work.

He said he will change it if he has to.
Well, he has to change something. He can't possibly be meeting all of these prerequisites before he takes the first level at level two.

Macabros
2013-12-18, 10:02 PM
I told him to take Cleric 5/Stormlord 5//Barbarian 2/Warblade 5/Hammer of Moradin 3 at least currently and then he can just go from there.