PDA

View Full Version : Wild Tower Shields

Yogibear41
2013-12-19, 12:58 AM
If a druid wild shapes with a tower shield enhanced with the Wild property does it still take the -2 on attacks? If the druid is not proficient with the shield would it still have the ACP applied to its attacks while wildshaped? (assuming wooden tower shield) Also does an armors maximum dex bonus apply while wildshaped? Don't think it does since it merges but just checking.

Anxe
2013-12-19, 01:16 AM
It's a little unclear on the Wild Tower Shield. You can't see it, so I think we can assume that the armor has been merged with your wild shaped form. Then the magic keeps the shield bonus for you somehow?

More literal RAW interpretation. A druid's gear normally melds into the body and becomes nonfunctional. With Wild Armor, it melds in and keeps the armor/shield bonus to AC. So no ACP, no max dex bonus, and no minus to attack rolls from a tower shield. I don't even think you need proficiency to get around it either. The minuses simply aren't there in the first place while wild shaped.

Note, that I house rule Wild armor to still be around physically on the character. Your DM may rule similarly. In that case, all the minuses would still be present.

Red Rubber Band
2013-12-19, 01:32 AM
I had very different ideas as to what this thread was about. And now I'm sad :smallfrown:

A pack of Wild Tower Shields...

Alent
2013-12-19, 01:47 AM
I had very different ideas as to what this thread was about. And now I'm sad :smallfrown:

A pack of Wild Tower Shields...

Wild magic casting Animate Objects on some tower shields... this is an encounter begging to happen.

Spuddles
2013-12-19, 03:26 AM
Note that with a strict RAW reading you can wear a monk's belt and wild your armor and shield and get all the benefits.