PDA

View Full Version : Character Creation Query [Rogue Trader]

Scarey Nerd
2013-12-19, 04:50 AM
I'm not sure if anybody here plays Rogue Trader, but in the hope that someone does, I have a question. In career paths, there is starting equipment, starting skills, starting talents etc. For the Rogue Trader career, one of their starting talents is Air of Authority, whilst a Rank 1 upgrade is to buy the same talent. Are the starting talents etc merely suggested? And if so, how does one determine what talents or skills you start with before purchase? I totalled up the starting stuff to see if it came to the 4,500xp that is superfluous to a Rogue Trader character, but it only came to 2000. :confused:

vegetalss4
2013-12-20, 04:53 AM
You start with everything in the "starting talents/skills/equipment" box (and a few things more from their respective chapters for the astropath/navigator).

The reason why a lot of these things are repeated on the 1st tier advance scheme is that the makers intend(ed) to make some alternate paths later which would alter what you started with.
So it's just a bit of foresight from the developers side.
Too my knowledge they haven't actually made any of those alternate paths yet.

Scarey Nerd
2013-12-20, 05:14 AM
I see... That makes sense, though it's an odd way of laying it out. Still, now I know, thank you :smallsmile: