PDA

View Full Version : help getting permenant abilities from effects

relytdan
2013-12-19, 08:17 AM
ok so like the subject says; I am thinking of a building a level 20 character for a game that will be a 1 off for Christmas, so I want the character to be able to cast the various spells that will alter its size - for str & con , as well as spells for dex int wis and cha
with as many spells that will stack for each ability - then what I want to do is have those gained ability scores remain permenant -

so the questions are 1: help with the most effective spells that will grant the highest ability score for the bonus type & 2: how to make it so the abilities gained remain permenant to the character when the spells wear off.

Alleran
2013-12-19, 08:50 AM
I'll just do the obvious and say that Pun-Pun can make all his ability score increases permanent through Manipulate Form.

relytdan
2013-12-19, 09:23 AM
well the obvious "pun-pun" is not the answer, and the spell permenancy does not work for all spells so that is only a partial answer.

Alleran
2013-12-19, 11:26 AM
Then possibly Astral Seed, depending on how you read it:

"You possess all the abilities you possessed when astral seed was manifested, at one level lower, but you have none of your equipment."

A trick (that works, IIRC) is to manifest Fusion with somebody, kill yourself, and when your astral seed is done you'll have all the powers you possessed while fused, except they're now permanent.