PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 epic castle

Somensjev
2013-12-19, 10:55 AM
it's been a while since i've posted in here

ok, i have an idea in my head for an awesome creature

an animated castle
i know, it doesnt sound that interesting, however, i've been wondering about magic items and such

first i was thinking "i wonder if i could say that the bricks made to form the castle were cast around an amulet (so there's a different amulet inside each brick)" and i wondered if that would work

however, i then thought of putting life sized figmas (http://figurehaven.com/figmas/500-figma-karen-araragi.html) inside each room, and each of them is sort of like one of the castle's limbs, and each figma could wear a full set of magical items, so one figma could be dressed in a dragonscale cloak [MIC pg.95] and an executioner's hood [MIC pg. 97], whereas another figma could be suited up in full mithral plate and goggles of foefinding [MIC pg. 108]

the figmas would be similar to a psicrystal, having a small piece of the castle's personality inside them, and, even though the castle itself can't talk, the figmas can, the figmas would all be butlers, or maids, or similar (all of the staff would be figmas) the figmas would be made out of the same materials as the castle, but enchanted so that they appear human

i was wondering what the stats of this creature would be (i'd make them myself, but i think they'd be ridiculous)

i'd want each figma to pose a threat to a level 20 party (each figma is sort of like it's hair, it wouldnt even care if a few died)

obviously it's not meant to be fought, and it's a pacifist (i may write up a back story later)

also, the castle obviously needs good mental stats, and a high land base speed

well, this ended up as a rather large post

tldr: i want to make a giant inanimate castle, but need help working out some kinks :smallwink:

Grod_The_Giant
2013-12-20, 12:53 PM
So... a castle a hive mind and an army of golems?

Lightlawbliss
2013-12-20, 12:56 PM
you are giving them stats, that is asking for them to be killed. just saying.

and why a land speed? why not a fly speed?

zabbarot
2013-12-20, 01:09 PM
So I didn't know what you meant by figma at first and my brain just filled in the blank. I ended up imagining a castle made of room sized mimics that had formed up like Voltron.

That is not really what you described at all though...

Somensjev
2013-12-20, 01:29 PM
So I didn't know what you meant by figma at first and my brain just filled in the blank. I ended up imagining a castle made of room sized mimics that had formed up like Voltron.

That is not really what you described at all though...

that would be pretty cool though

you are giving them stats, that is asking for them to be killed. just saying.

and why a land speed? why not a fly speed?

i liked the idea of a walking/sliding castle, but a flying one is obviously better

So... a castle a hive mind and an army of golems?

pretty much