PDA

View Full Version : Wildshape Ranger confusion

DrkMagusX
2013-12-19, 12:04 PM
Since I don't see a class progression table for it I am getting very confused.

Could someone write out what the Wildshape Ranger would get at each level ability wise?

Thank you

jedipilot24
2013-12-19, 12:35 PM
2nd level: Fast Movement (as Barbarian), replaces Combat Style
6th level: Wild Shape as druid (small and medium animals only), replaces improved combat style
11th level: Wild Shape as druid (small and medium animals only), replaces combat style mastery.

So your base land speed is +10ft and starting at 6th level you can Wild Shape as a druid (i.e. the same number of times per day that a druid of your level could and for the same duration, but only into small and medium animals.)
Despite these limitations, it's generally considered to be more than worth the loss of the bonus feats both because it's more versatile and because it opens up those tasty prestige classes that require and/or enhance Wild Shape but that would be suboptimal for a straight druid, such as Abolisher or Master of Many Forms.

lytokk
2013-12-19, 12:37 PM
another good question to ask, I think since I'm not sure of the answer, is that the fast movement, that carries over into wild shaped forms right?

Waker
2013-12-19, 12:40 PM
another good question to ask, I think since I'm not sure of the answer, is that the fast movement, that carries over into wild shaped forms right?

No reason it wouldn't. The Fast Movement isn't dependent upon a certain form. Note though, that it specifies Land Speed.

lytokk
2013-12-19, 12:47 PM
Noted about the land speed. Was putting together a Non spellcasting wildshape ranger going into the Primeval class with a megaraptor form and I wanted to make sure of what my base land speed was going to be.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-12-19, 12:56 PM
@jedipilot24-- I'm pretty sure that's not correct. The text of the Other Class Varients section says "A class feature gained works just as it did for its original class, including the level at which it is gained and any other effects." So you'd get Fast Movement at 1st level and Wild Shape at 5th, like so:

{table=head]Level|Special
1st|1st favored enemy, Track, wild empathy, Fast Movement
2nd|
3rd|Endurance
4th|Animal companion
5th|2nd favored enemy, Wild Shape 1/day (Small and Medium animals)
6th|Wild Shape 2/day
7th|Woodland stride, Wild Shape 3/day
8th|Swift tracker
9th|Evasion
10th|3rd favored enemy, Wild Shape 4/day
11th|
12th|
13th|Camouflage
14th|Wild Shape 5/day
15th|4th favored enemy
16th|
17th|Hide in plain sight
18th|Wild Shape 6/day
19th|
20th|5th favored enemy[/table]

Though the latter progression shouldn't matter too much, as you'll probably be jumping into Warshaper or Master of Many Forms starting at 6th level.

Snowbluff
2013-12-19, 01:03 PM
I agree with Grod. Wildshape should be at 5th.