PDA

View Full Version : Fighter/Cleric/Wizard/Rogue

Particle_Man
2013-12-19, 01:15 PM
I am curious as to how far one could advance all 4 of these classes in a non-gestalt, non-epic character, perhaps with help from prestige classes.

So "Cleric" will be any class that advances cleric spellcasting level, "Wizard" will be any class that advances wizard spellcasting level, "Fighter" will be any class that grants full BAB with its advances, and "Rogue" will be any class that advances sneak attack progression (this could be in 2 level for 1d6 sneak attack chunks).

So what combination of classes/prestige classes could one do to most greatly advance all 4 of these as close to evenly as possible?

My initial pass would involve mystic theurge, arcane trickster and eldritch knight, but I am sure there are better methods.

Cleric 3/Wizard 3/Fighter 1/Rogue 3/Mystic Theurge 2/Eldritch Knight 4/Arcane Trickster 2 and I notice right off that at level 18, "wizard" outpaces the other three at 9 to 5's simply because three of the "mixed classes" advance wizard. So I imagine there are better ways to do this.

HC Rainbow
2013-12-19, 01:33 PM
I am curious as to how far one could advance all 4 of these classes in a non-gestalt, non-epic character, perhaps with help from prestige classes.

So "Cleric" will be any class that advances cleric spellcasting level, "Wizard" will be any class that advances wizard spellcasting level, "Fighter" will be any class that grants full BAB with its advances, and "Rogue" will be any class that advances sneak attack progression (this could be in 2 level for 1d6 sneak attack chunks).

So what combination of classes/prestige classes could one do to most greatly advance all 4 of these as close to evenly as possible?

My initial pass would involve mystic theurge, arcane trickster and eldritch knight, but I am sure there are better methods.

Cleric 3/Wizard 3/Fighter 1/Rogue 3/Mystic Theurge 2/Eldritch Knight 4/Arcane Trickster 2 and I notice right off that at level 18, "wizard" outpaces the other three at 9 to 5's simply because three of the "mixed classes" advance wizard. So I imagine there are better ways to do this.

If youre not using just the core books, You're probably gonna be seeing Urpriest, To be honest You could probably take a build that takes ur-priest to the 7th level, mix rogue and arcane trickster with your wizard levels to try to pop wizard up to 10th level, eldritch knight is most likely in there, I'll try compiling a build right now that'll average out a well rounded character.

OR you could just go pure factotum. checkmate.

Update:

Still a very rough draft but I'm thinking something around...

Wizard 3 / Bard 1 / Spellthief 1 / Daggerspellmage 3 / Ur-Priest 2 / Sublime Chord 1 / Mystic Theurge 5 / Fighter 2 / Eldritch Knight 2

Mayhaps. I'll need much more time.

Second Update:

More progress I guess, Updating this incase someone else wants to jump in and try out this numbers game...

Wizard 3/ Bard 1/ Spell thief 1/ Daggerspellmage 3/ Urpriest 3/ Sublime Chord 1/ Mystic Theurge 2/ Fighter 2/ Eldritch Knight 1/ Arcane Trickster 3

Arcane trickster knocking up your sublime chord,
Havent done the full math yet but I think you end up with 6th or 7th level spells from both arcane and divine, BAB +10-ish?
4d6 sneak attack?

Blending all 4 of these is only going to get you an Average score of each of these characters.

If I knew how much SA you wanted, Bonus Feats, BAB, Saves, and Spell Levels you wanted I'd be able to get a better grasp on it.

Any idea on stats? or is this just for fun?

3.5e right?

Falcon X
2013-12-19, 02:46 PM
I feel like Spellwarp Sniper or Rainbow Servant might be worth checking.

Of course there are Factotum, Chameleon, and Master of Masks which fulfill the requirements in a way, but not directly like I think you want.

It's pretty easy to advance 2 or 3 of the categories (Cleric list, Wizard list, BAB, and Sneak Attack) together. It's getting the fourth one in there that's the hard part.

HC Rainbow
2013-12-19, 03:02 PM
It's pretty easy to advance 2 or 3 of the categories (Cleric list, Wizard list, BAB, and Sneak Attack) together. It's getting the fourth one in there that's the hard part.

I've noticed.

I can easily snatch the wizard, cleric, and sneak attack, its the fighter aspect.

The only thing i've been able to do was what I have posted above being able to cast arcane and divine in medium armor, but nothing more.

Feralventas
2013-12-19, 03:20 PM
Craft Wondrous Item and lots of crafting-cost reduction feats and options. It's as simple as that.

Full caster, Cleric or Wizard, will get this done and dealt with, though I'd actually advise Bard since it already provides a lot of the basic material to work with.

We know that there's an Ioun stone which grants a feat, which costs 10,000gp.
Ioun stones are slotless wondrous items, so we know from the craft rules that the cost of it taking up an item slot would bring it to 5,000gp market cost. So, you can give yourself a feat for 5kgp and a few day's worth of down-time.

Look for a couple of scrolls, particularly of Tenser's Transformation for when you want to be a fighter (rely on your crafted feats and the buff from the spell while you're fighting. Likewise, you'll want a Collar of Umbral Metamorphasis and an item to grant you Nightstalker's Transformation for when you're going to want to be a rogue; maybe add Craft Magic Arms and Armor to get weapons with more Sneak Attack adding into the 3d6 NST grants. After that, it's just arcane and divine spellcasting; a dip in Cleric grants you the option to use any wand or scroll of that spell list, while a dip into Sublime Chord will give you access into the Sorc/Wizard list; Mystic Theurge after cleric3 and SubChord1 and you'll be looking at at least 8th level spells as an arcanist and 5th level spells as a cleric with options to use 3d6+whatever your weapons grant sneak attack or full BAB via Tenser's Transformation if needed.

Particle_Man
2013-12-19, 03:27 PM
If I knew how much SA you wanted, Bonus Feats, BAB, Saves, and Spell Levels you wanted I'd be able to get a better grasp on it.

Any idea on stats? or is this just for fun?

3.5e right?

In reverse order, 3.5e, just for fun, and trying to get them evenly advancing (and within that restriction, as high as possible). So, for instance, if one could get 6d6 SA, 11 BAB, 6th level cleric spells, 6th level wizard spells, that would be pretty good. If you can do all that and get 7 bonus fighter feats that would be amazing! If you can do all *that* and keep the skill points high enough that "locks and traps" guy isn't implausible on the build, that will be stupendous! :smallcool:

RFLS
2013-12-19, 03:31 PM
Craft Wondrous Item and lots of crafting-cost reduction feats and options. It's as simple as that.

Full caster, Cleric or Wizard, will get this done and dealt with, though I'd actually advise Bard since it already provides a lot of the basic material to work with.

We know that there's an Ioun stone which grants a feat, which costs 10,000gp.
Ioun stones are slotless wondrous items, so we know from the craft rules that the cost of it taking up an item slot would bring it to 5,000gp market cost. So, you can give yourself a feat for 5kgp and a few day's worth of down-time.

This relies heavily on DM fiat, and should be treated as such when you're considering it. There are no rules for an item that grants feats.

sleepyphoenixx
2013-12-19, 04:01 PM
A Wyrmling Steel Dragon with Loredrake and Spellhoarding has 4HD and casts as a 3rd level wizard. It can also learn all cleric spells and a few domains as arcane spells.
Just add casting PrCs like Abjurant Champion and you end up with 9th level cleric and wizard spells and good BAB.

A Spellhoarding Loredrake Steel Dragon 4/Warblade 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Unseen Seer 10 ends up with +17 BAB, 9th levels spells of both the cleric and wizard lists at CL 18 and 14 levels of 6+ int skill points.

LA buyoff is your friend though since it has a +2 LA otherwise.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-12-19, 06:47 PM
Replace the Fighter/Rogue portion with either Thug Fighter (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#fighterVariantThug) plus Sneak Attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#fighter) or Feat Rogue (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#rogue), depending on what aspects of that combination you have your heart set on. Only waste spend one or two levels on that regardless.

Replace the Cleric/Wizard portion with Archivist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20051007a&page=3). Get four levels of Divine Oracle (CD) for Evasion and Uncanny Dodge. Use Bone Talisman (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040721a) to actually turn undead better than any multiclass Cleric, coat the spell foci in Unguent of Timelessness (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#unguentofTimelessness) so it lasts 365 times longer. Dip Sacred Exorcist for Turn Undead to power divine feats and Contemplative for one or two domains.