PDA

View Full Version : QUestions! new to this site

Tobi(00)
2013-12-19, 05:28 PM
hey everyone! ive been playing dnd 3.5 for a couple of years now and im about to start up a new campaign ive never really known how to make a proper character sheet and for this campaign i wanna be a caster but i was thinking of an encantrix? any thoughts i wanna be able to shoot lightning but i know with this class you can pretty much shoot anything! i dont want to be made fun of anymore for not knowing how to make a correct sheet haha any help is greatly appreciated! thanks:smallsmile:

Qc Storm
2013-12-19, 05:34 PM
I'm just going to guess that your group is not extremely optimized.

Try out a Sorcerer/Stormcaster maybe. You'll get to shoot plenty of very dangerous lightning spells. Grab Energy Substitution along the way.

Tobi(00)
2013-12-19, 05:36 PM
Thanks Qc storm! ill check that out
anyone else?

Slipperychicken
2013-12-19, 05:37 PM
Do you know what level you're starting at?

Xerlith
2013-12-19, 05:39 PM
I feel compelled to say Warmage, it's (lowish) tier 3, meaning you'll surely be able to contribute, it's easy to play, can't screw up the spell selection... Just be sure not to put too much points in Int, pump Charisma... You'll be good.

Tobi(00)
2013-12-19, 05:39 PM
Do you know what level you're starting at?
yeah lvl 8

Tobi(00)
2013-12-19, 05:40 PM
I feel compelled to say Warmage, it's (lowish) tier 3, meaning you'll surely be able to contribute, it's easy to play, can't screw up the spell selection... Just be sure not to put too much points in Int, pump Charisma... You'll be good.

i will for sure check this out!

Vhaidara
2013-12-19, 05:44 PM
Yeah I recommend one of 3 options.

1. Warmage: My primary advice. Great blasting class, very simple, knows their entire spell list, so you won't screw yourself over

2. Sorcerer: More complicated, but more potential (bigger spell list, useful for things other than blasting)

3. Warlock: only good if you can get your DM to let you homebrew an Eldritch Essence that does lightning. Lesser Invocations give you fire and cold damage with minor secondary effects, so it shouldn't be to hard to come up with a balanced one that does lightning.

Tobi(00)
2013-12-19, 05:48 PM
Yeah I recommend one of 3 options.

1. Warmage: My primary advice. Great blasting class, very simple, knows their entire spell list, so you won't screw yourself over

2. Sorcerer: More complicated, but more potential (bigger spell list, useful for things other than blasting)

3. Warlock: only good if you can get your DM to let you homebrew an Eldritch Essence that does lightning. Lesser Invocations give you fire and cold damage with minor secondary effects, so it shouldn't be to hard to come up with a balanced one that does lightning.

thanks! i will def look into these

Forrestfire
2013-12-19, 06:21 PM
If you're focusing entirely on lightning, you should also as your DM if you can have a homebrewed feat similar to Searing Spell, which lets you deal half-damage to things immune to fire instead of zero.

PraxisVetli
2013-12-19, 10:28 PM

If you're focusing entirely on lightning, you should also as your DM if you can have a homebrewed feat similar to Searing Spell, which lets you deal half-damage to things immune to fire instead of zero.

Yeah, these.