PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Tashalatora: Psion?

Craft (Cheese)
2013-12-20, 02:09 AM
So, I had an idea. In PF, monks gain full BAB for the purposes of Flurry of Blows.

The Tashalatora feat from Secrets of Sarlona lets your monk levels stack with your levels in one psionic class for the purposes of Flurry of Blows attacks, among other things. Now, since flurrying works completely differently in PF, it's fair to interpret the feat as applying to the new flurrying system in divergent ways, but let's assume we take the most literal conversion which means your psionic class levels count as monk levels for the purposes of Flurry of Blows, which includes the BAB increase.

This means you lose nothing by going with Psion instead of Psychic Warrior, which is the usual target for Tashalatora. Save the WIS-synergy, which can be fixed with Kung Fu Genius.

So, I accept this is going to be worse than just pure Psion, but I want to go ahead and try to do something with this anyway. My questions for the playground are:

- Should I take one level of Monk, or two?

- What discipline should I go with? (DSP psionics are being used so generalists, archetypes, and variant disciplines are on the table.)

- What are the best powers can I manifest to help me gish it up?

Rubik
2013-12-20, 02:27 AM
- Should I take one level of Monk, or two?Technically, zero works just fine. 0 + X = X.

- What discipline should I go with? (DSP psionics are being used so generalists, archetypes, and variant disciplines are on the table.)

- What are the best powers can I manifest to help me gish it up?If this were 3.5, I'd go shaper, just because it is, by far, my favorite discipline. Pathfinder, however, I don't know about. If stuff from Hyperconscious and Dreamscarred Press are available, you might want to look into using your astral constructs as powered body armor.

Craft (Cheese)
2013-12-20, 04:50 AM
Technically, zero works just fine. 0 + X = X.

I'd do this, but I sort of have my heart set on Martial Monk to get Infinite Deflection. Maybe a second level to get Exceptional Deflection too (with Invisible Fist to go with it). Definitely no more than 2.

Rubik
2013-12-20, 05:02 AM
I'd do this, but I sort of have my heart set on Martial Monk to get Infinite Deflection. Maybe a second level to get Exceptional Deflection too (with Invisible Fist to go with it). Definitely no more than 2.If your DM will let you get those feats, definitely get two, then make sure you have enough mobility to stay well away from melee. Having Infinite and Exceptional Deflection, along with evasion, will be good defenses from most ranged attacks.

Psyren
2013-12-20, 07:29 AM
For gish disciplines, I like the following:

- Telepath: Since you're playing 3.P you can use this to get 400ft. Mindsight.
- Nomad: Helpful defensive/utility stuff here.
- Transmogrifist (Egoist): Empowered Alteration will boost lots of helpful gish powers e.g. Vigor, Biofeedback, Animal Affinity/Fortify (early on) and Grip of Iron.
- Erudite (Generalist): Tons of situational powers at your fingertips.