PDA

View Full Version : PF Nautilus build?

bipolarbear
2013-12-20, 10:00 AM
So a buddy of mine and I were discussing some fun builds for pathfinder, and then the discussion led to "What if we made League of Legends champions as Dnd characters?" With that being said, I was wondering if someone could help me with a character build for nautilus. My friend would be a pirate, so I think it would be pretty great to be the first mate as THE Deep Sea Diver. I know his abilities are pretty odd, so I really have no clue where to start. Can anyone help?

CombatOwl
2013-12-20, 10:13 AM
So a buddy of mine and I were discussing some fun builds for pathfinder, and then the discussion led to "What if we made League of Legends champions as Dnd characters?" With that being said, I was wondering if someone could help me with a character build for nautilus. My friend would be a pirate, so I think it would be pretty great to be the first mate as THE Deep Sea Diver. I know his abilities are pretty odd, so I really have no clue where to start. Can anyone help?

Eh, sort of.

Naut Passive: Power Attack deals the damage, but rooting a target is a harder effect to achieve. Improved Trip maybe?

Dredge Line: Definitely Improved Reposition and Improved Drag combined with a spiked chain. It's not quite the same thing, but it's as close as you're going to get in Pathfinder.

Titan's Wrath: An item that provides your favorite temporary HP boost. Itemization or spellcasting are really your only option here. It's not a 'shield', but close. The debuff is more of a problem--AFAIK without 3.5e Frightful Presence, there is no way to get both temp HP and a simple debuff to surrounding enemies with the same action. But I confess I've never really looked.

Riptide: The closest you can get to this without spells is the Ground Breaker rage power. It doesn't deal damage, but it does create an area of difficult terrain around you.

Depth Charge: SOL AFAIK. Maybe could be emulated by alchemist? But that's a problem considering how many other feats you need.

bipolarbear
2013-12-20, 10:49 AM
Eh, sort of.

Naut Passive: Power Attack deals the damage, but rooting a target is a harder effect to achieve. Improved Trip maybe?

Dredge Line: Definitely Improved Reposition and Improved Drag combined with a spiked chain. It's not quite the same thing, but it's as close as you're going to get in Pathfinder.

Titan's Wrath: An item that provides your favorite temporary HP boost. Itemization or spellcasting are really your only option here. It's not a 'shield', but close. The debuff is more of a problem--AFAIK without 3.5e Frightful Presence, there is no way to get both temp HP and a simple debuff to surrounding enemies with the same action. But I confess I've never really looked.

Riptide: The closest you can get to this without spells is the Ground Breaker rage power. It doesn't deal damage, but it does create an area of difficult terrain around you.

Depth Charge: SOL AFAIK. Maybe could be emulated by alchemist? But that's a problem considering how many other feats you need.

I just looked at the Undine race, and they have a racial Hydraulic push ability which I may be able to use as his E in a way or maybe use it behind the force of the anchor for the pull? And thanks for the help btw :)