PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if this 'Sheet Yourself' app is any good...?

Grey Watcher
2013-12-20, 04:07 PM
So, I've been looking around for alternatives to lugging my laptop to every session or dealing with reams and reams of paper. I found an app called Sheet Yourself, but they want money for it. I was wondering if any of you readers had used it and what you thought?

The official site and Google Play store listings aren't terribly helpful, and there just aren't that many reviews.

For reference, this is what I'm talking about: http://sheetyourself.com/

Gale
2013-12-20, 06:53 PM
I haven't used it myself, but I just watched the video ad on their website. I have to say it's almost unbearably cheesy. (As well as generally uninformative and unhelpful.)
Since it's only a dollar I'll actually buy it to test it out for you. I don't think I'll end up using it much myself but it can't hurt.

EDIT: Apparently, the app requires IOS 7 which my old iPhone 3 unfortunately doesn't support. Sorry about that.

Grey Watcher
2013-12-20, 10:09 PM
I haven't used it myself, but I just watched the video ad on their website. I have to say it's almost unbearably cheesy. (As well as generally uninformative and unhelpful.)

Yeah, it's very frustrating that between their own website, their Google Play listing, and their Facebook page, I still can't get a sense of how it works except in the very broadest of strokes.

Since it's only a dollar I'll actually buy it to test it out for you. I don't think I'll end up using it much myself but it can't hurt.

I was considering just going for it myself, but, again, the sheer unhelpfulness of their web presence doesn't inspire much confidence.

EDIT: Apparently, the app requires IOS 7 which my old iPhone 3 unfortunately doesn't support. Sorry about that.

Ah well, I didn't want to make anyone spend money they otherwise wouldn't have anyway. I was just hoping that maybe someone on the Playground had already used it and could tell us about it.

inexorabletruth
2013-12-21, 05:13 PM
The ad for it is disgusting. :smallyuk:

Still, the idea seems brilliant. My only concern is that it doesn't seem to provide options for specific character sheets. It seems to only have one generic character sheet template. I don't know. I'm picky that way. I have to have a D&D 3.5 sheet for D&D 3.5.

But for 99c, it might be helpful as a supplement. Especially for people who don't have tablets or laptops, which can open and use myth-weavers.