PDA

View Full Version : [PF] About the Arcane archer's Arrow of death DC (20 + CHA)

Red Bear
2013-12-20, 06:48 PM
Why do you think they set the DC of this ability at 20 + cha?
Did they expected cha to be low in a Arcane Archer because usually is a ranger/wizard so they wanted a DC of about 20?
Should they just have wrote 20 + casting stat considering that an Arcane Archer can be a ranger/sorcerer?

This DC confuses me...

Spore
2013-12-20, 06:57 PM
Most supernatural effects are keyed off of Charisma. It's the creature's innate ability to draw upon magical energies.

TuggyNE
2013-12-20, 07:28 PM
Why do you think they set the DC of this ability at 20 + cha?
Did they expected cha to be low in a Arcane Archer because usually is a ranger/wizard so they wanted a DC of about 20?
Should they just have wrote 20 + casting stat considering that an Arcane Archer can be a ranger/sorcerer?

This DC confuses me...

The DC is 10 + [Arcane Archer] class level + the usual ability score for SLAs and Su abilities. Nothing more or less.

Larkas
2013-12-20, 07:34 PM
Exactly. It is entirely in line with regular SLAs.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-12-20, 08:39 PM
Just sucks if you ever go into epic levels, why they couldn't have just called it 10 + AA level + Cha mod, I don't know.

Epic rules already has a clause so that PrC save DCs set as full progression drop to half progression, like base class DCs, in epic levels.

Eldariel
2013-12-20, 08:58 PM
Honestly, if it were 10+AA level+Casting Stat it'd at least be comparable to all the save-or-die spells that still aren't worthy of a level 9 spell (which is what a capstone ability should compare to). As it stands it's woefully underpowered even after being significantly buffed from 3.5 version (actually getting scaling).

Blisstake
2013-12-20, 09:29 PM
Just sucks if you ever go into epic levels, why they couldn't have just called it 10 + AA level + Cha mod, I don't know.

Epic rules already has a clause so that PrC save DCs set as full progression drop to half progression, like base class DCs, in epic levels.

Pathfinder doesn't do Epic Levels... so they probably didn't care about that distinction. If you're houseruling epic levels in, then it shouldn't be a big deal to houserule that it scales off level. :smallconfused: