PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Questions 3.P

DwarfInTheFlask
2013-12-21, 12:53 PM
Ok with all this talk of Gestalts, Tristalts, and so forth (seriously if you need four classes do you need a party at all?) I was curious.

Using 3.0/3.5/PF what is the most powerful class combos you can think of?
Not just in terms of Tier 1 or Tier 0 those we know can be done very easily but what class would just be the most epic warrior ever.

People like to throw Wizard in with everything for example but I am talking about heroes that would make good for Anime with just how epic and badass they are.

I have some ideas but I am eager to see what you all think about the subject, what classes if put into a Gestalt would just be epic in both power and just cool factor.

Craft (Cheese)
2013-12-21, 03:12 PM
Coolest gestalt warrior build? I'm growing quite fond of Warlord//Bard builds, using dual-wielded Crystal Echoblades (with oversized TWF), snowflake wardance, dragonfire inspiration, and inspire courage optimization (words of power + song of the heart + badge of valor). The CHA synergy is absolutely delicious and Warlords kick ass in general. Currently working on a homebrew archetype that gives the Warlord smite evil for even more deliciousity.

Re'ozul
2013-12-21, 03:55 PM
I have a few that I like, but haven't played.

Warlock (Eldritch Claws)/Shou Disciple (Beast strike necessary)
+Barbarian (Not sure about PrCs, don't play them often)
+Crusader or Rogue (rarely ever take PrCs for them)
The first two make for a cool wolverine build and give access to some useful 24h buffs that increase mobility.
Add Crusader in Tristalt for more hitting and maybe self-healing (via devoted spirit for more wolverine) or Rogue for sneakier hitting.

Low Tier: (all 5s)
Monk
+ Paladin
+ Fighter
Literally hit things with the fist of an angry god. I just like the image of a pugilistic holy man.

Hurnn
2013-12-21, 04:32 PM
Barbarian, fighter, sorcerer, anime stuff:

Hulks up/goes super sayian? Yes

Throws fire balls out of his hands? Yes

Knows tons of cool fighting moves? Yes (fighter bonus feats will be amazing here)

Is nigh indestructible? yes (d12 hd huge con bonus, class dr feat dr)

As a bonus choose a race with innate natural armor for access to even more dr feats.

Prime32
2013-12-21, 04:41 PM
Epic warrior? Warblade//Factotum. Int synergy, and you can use multiple strikes per round.

Good for anime? Stalwart Sorcerer 20//Paladin of Freedom 2/Barbarian 11/Rage Mage 7. Can't get much more shonen than that.

JHShadon
2013-12-21, 08:16 PM
I think a Pathfinder Barbarian/Martial Artist Monk (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/martial-artist) would be pretty good if you want to punch things, you get d12 hit-dice, very good saves, full bab, a nice amount of skills, and after level 5 you won't get fatigued after raging. If you want to add DBZ energy blasts you could throw in the Soulknife class with the Soulbolt (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/soulbolt) archetype.

Kaje
2013-12-21, 09:31 PM
I had a DM who ruled that Duskblades could channel SLAs, so I designed a quadstalt build that combined Duskblade, a Hellfire Warlock build, a swift hunter, and a Swordsage/Crinti Shadow Marauder to get multiple full attacks channeling Eldritch Glaive through his regular glaive, with skirmish. Crazy awesome fun, even if not really optimized at all compared to what you could do in quadstalt.