PDA

View Full Version : Yorian Brother [3.5 Template]

The Kind Knido
2013-12-21, 07:57 PM
NOTICE:
If you are expecting a serious and or balanced homebrew template, look elsewhere! This is bronze and oily but not serious. But there is a balanced version going on now. Hmm.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e4/Yor,_the_Hunter_from_the_Future_(movie_poster).jpg
YOR'S WORLD! HE'S THE MAN!

Yorian Brother (Template)
The Mighty Yor bestows upon you his own flesh for you to eat and become one with. Your fighting prowess increases massively giving you the ultimate edge in melee combat and unmatched knowledge in survival.

Prerequisites: Yor doesn’t entrust his power to everyone. You must have 5 or more levels in barbarian, be chaotic good, have 10 ranks or more in survival and rope, and have any kind of ax as your specialized weapon. If your alignment changes, Yor destroys your body and soul and you can never come back in any way.

Size and Type: The creature’s type changes to Bronzeman (extraplanar). Do not recalculate base attack bonus, saves, or skill points. Size is unchanged.

The Bronzeman Type: The Bronzemen are a race of muscular humanoids. The bronze appearance leads many people to believe that they are closely related to the Bronce’lees. However, these Bronzemen are fully immune to grass and cannot in any way be tricked into eating it. Treat this type as a human but with a much higher body mass and height (usually a lot heavier and several inches taller than any human. As a Bronzeman you are immune to cold effects, force effects, and sonic effects but gain a dangerous affliction to fire and electricity. Fire will set you ablaze dealing 1d4 damage each round unless put out. Electricity will travel through your manly oil for a set time dealing 1d4 points of electric damage each round for 1d8 rounds. Force damage bounces right off of the Bronzeman’s superior muscular structure and dissipates. Sonic damage prefers not to compete with a Bronzeman’s roar and doesn’t try to hurt them. Furthermore, as a Bronzeman, you have the innate ability to travel anywhere at any point in time wearing nothing but your loincloth. Treat this loincloth as a suit of full plate without the dexterity bonus limitations. Yes, you can enchant this loincloth as well (treating it as full plate) or wear any other armour of your choosing. Yor doesn’t expect you to want to be naked all the time even if you are bronze and muscular.

HD: All current and future hit dies become D20s and you always have maximum hit points.

Damage Reduction: 15/epic

Speed: A Yorian Brother speed doubles while running and triples when Yorgliding.

AC: A Yorian Brother gains a +40 natural armour bonus. If the creature already has a natural armour bonus, use whichever is better.

Attack/Full Attack: A Yorian Brother retains the attacks he had prior to becoming one with Yor.

Damage: All attacks deal an extra 2d12 points of damage and can only be resisted by other Yorian Brothers.

Special Attacks: A Yorian Brother creature retains all the special attacks of the base creature and also gains the following.

Yorglide (Ex): Once per day, a Yorian Brother can glide on the wings of any felled creature as long as the wings aren’t too damaged. When Yorgliding, a Yorian Brother’s speed is tripled and he gains flight for 1 round per barbarian level. Playing Yor’s World during the course of the Yorglide will allow you to dropkick any enemy within 40 feet that has been established as a major enemy. This dropkick must land in the face of your enemy if they have one and deals 40d12 damage and cannot be saved against in any way and also bypasses all kinds of damage reduction. Perform a manly roar for an extra 2d12 points of damage. This dropkick can also be used once per day. Yorglide does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Future Origin (Ex): A Yorian Brother gains his lord’s insight into the mysterious weapons of the future. He also is implanted with all the knowledge of the mysterious future Yor is from. Any and all futuristic weaponry gain an extra 1d12 force damage from the amount of manliness that is gripped around them. You can add this extra damage once per round to any futuristic weapon you are wielding.

Stone Ax Brutality (Ex): A Yorian Brother gains knowledge on how to use the magical stone ax that was given to him by Yor. A Yorian Brother is the only one that can use this ax to any advantage. The stone ax does 7d12 damage and has a threat range of 15-20. This ax can be enchanted like any other weapon. For every 5 levels a Yorian Brother has in barbarian, the Stone Ax gains an extra 1d12 damage for a maximum 12d12. The stone ax has a hardness of 30 and 100 HP. If the stone ax is sundered, Yor bestows another one in the next round after it was sundered. You can throw this ax as a ranged weapon that deals the same amount of damage it would do as a melee weapon at the cost of a -5 to hit but causes an extra 3d10 sonic damage if successful and if the target isn’t immune to sonic damage. The sonic damage cannot be saved against. You can throw your Stone Ax once per battle every 5 barbarian levels to a maximum of 3 times. This provokes an attack of opportunity.

Roar of Oily Manliness (Sp): A Yorian Brother can invoke the ultimate power of Yor himself once per day. This roar causes an Earthquake around the Yorian Brother and multiple selected teammates. The chance for enemies to fall into a fissure is increased by 30% if the Yorian Brother’s HD exceeds all the enemies’ HD (not combined).

Saves: Same as the base creature.

Abilities: Increase from the base creature as follows: Str +40, Con +20, Dex +20, Wisdom +10, Intelligence +20.

Skills: Same as the base creature.

Feats: Same as the base creature. If the base creature has toughness, replace with divine toughness.

Climate/Terrain: All including planar terrains/climates.

Organization: Usually single.

Challenge Rating: Same as base creature + strength modifier.

Treasure: Same as base creature.

Allignment: Always chaotic good.

Advancement: Same as base creature.

ECL: +7

http://www.golobthehumanoid.com/yor5.jpg
SCREW YOUR HIGH TECH ****!

Yorian Brother (Template) [Balanced]
The Mighty Yor bestows upon you his own flesh for you to eat and become one with. Your fighting prowess increases massively giving you the ultimate edge in melee combat and unmatched knowledge in survival.

Prerequisites: Yor doesn’t entrust his power to everyone. You must have 5 or more levels in barbarian, be chaotic good, have 10 ranks or more in survival and rope, and have any kind of ax as your specialized weapon. You must also kill a Triceratops with only a handax one on one. If your alignment changes, Yor eliminates your power and you become as you were prior to becoming a Bronzeman.

Size and Type: The creature’s type changes to Bronzeman (extraplanar). Do not recalculate base attack bonus, saves, or skill points. Size is unchanged.

The Bronzeman Type: The Bronzemen are a race of muscular humanoids. The bronze appearance leads many people to believe that they are closely related to the Bronce’lees. However, these Bronzemen are fully immune to grass and cannot in any way be tricked into eating it. Treat this type as a human but with a much higher body mass and height (usually a lot heavier and several inches taller than any human. As a Bronzeman you are immune to cold effects, force effects, and sonic effects but gain a dangerous affliction to fire and electricity. Fire will set you ablaze dealing 1d4 damage each round unless put out. Electricity will travel through your manly oil for a set time dealing 1d4 points of electric damage each round for 1d8 rounds. Force damage bounces right off of the Bronzeman’s superior muscular structure and dissipates. Sonic damage prefers not to compete with a Bronzeman’s roar and doesn’t try to hurt them. Furthermore, as a Bronzeman, you have the innate ability to travel anywhere at any point in time wearing nothing but your loincloth. Treat this loincloth as a suit of full plate without the dexterity bonus limitations. Yes, you can enchant this loincloth as well (treating it as full plate) or wear any other armour of your choosing. Yor doesn’t expect you to want to be naked all the time even if you are bronze and muscular.

HD: A creature’s HD do not change when becoming a Bronzeman.

Damage Reduction: 5/epic

Speed: A Yorian Brother speed doubles while running and Yorgliding.

AC: A Yorian Brother gains a +10 natural armour bonus. If the creature already has a natural armour bonus, use whichever is better.

Attack/Full Attack: A Yorian Brother retains the attacks he had prior to becoming one with Yor.

Damage: All attacks deal an extra 1d12 points of damage and can only be resisted by other Yorian Brothers.

Special Attacks: A Yorian Brother creature retains all the special attacks of the base creature and also gains the following.

Yorglide (Ex): Once per day, a Yorian Brother can glide on the wings of any felled creature as long as the wings aren’t too damaged. When Yorgliding, a Yorian Brother’s speed is tripled and he gains flight for 1 round per barbarian level. Playing Yor’s World during the course of the Yorglide will allow you to dropkick any enemy within 40 feet that has been established as a major enemy. This dropkick must land in the face of your enemy if they have one and deals 40d6 damage and cannot be saved against in any way and also bypasses all kinds of damage reduction. Perform a manly roar for an extra 2d12 points of damage. This dropkick can also be used once per day. Yorglide does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Future Origin (Ex): A Yorian Brother gains his lord’s insight into the mysterious weapons of the future. He also is implanted with all the knowledge of the mysterious future Yor is from. Any and all futuristic weaponry gain an extra 1d12 force damage from the amount of manliness that is gripped around them. You can add this extra damage once per round to any futuristic weapon you are wielding.

Stone Ax Brutality (Ex): A Yorian Brother gains knowledge on how to use the magical stone ax that was given to him by Yor. A Yorian Brother is the only one that can use this ax to any advantage. The stone ax does 1d12 damage and has a threat range of 18-20. This ax can be enchanted like any other weapon. For every 5 levels a Yorian Brother has in barbarian, the Stone Ax gains an extra 5 points of damage for a maximum of +15 extra damage. The stone ax has a hardness of 20 and 50 HP. If the stone ax is sundered, Yor bestows another one in the next round after it was sundered. You can throw this ax as a ranged weapon to a maximum of 35 feet that deals the same amount of damage it would do as a melee weapon at the cost of a -5 to hit but causes an extra 3d10 sonic damage if successful and if the target isn’t immune to sonic damage. The sonic damage cannot be saved against. You can throw your Stone Ax once per battle every 5 barbarian levels to a maximum of 3 times. This provokes an attack of opportunity.

Roar of Oily Manliness (Sp): A Yorian Brother can invoke the ultimate power of Yor himself once per day at character level 10 and up. This roar causes an Earthquake around the Yorian Brother and multiple selected teammates. The chance for enemies to fall into a fissure is increased by 25% if the Yorian Brother’s HD exceeds all the enemies’ HD (not combined).

Saves: Same as the base creature.

Abilities: Increase from the base creature as follows: Strength +10, Constitution +5, Charisma +5

Skills: Same as the base creature.

Feats: Same as the base creature. If the base creature has toughness, replace with divine toughness.

Climate/Terrain: All including planar terrains/climates.

Organization: Usually single.

Challenge Rating: Same as base creature + strength modifier.

Treasure: Same as base creature.

Allignment: Always chaotic good.

Advancement: Same as base creature.

ECL: +5

AuraTwilight
2013-12-22, 04:41 AM
This is totally awesome, but you can probably deflate the numbers a little bit so it's actually usable. At the very least, bump up the ECL rating to be more accurate.

I'd also define the Bronzeman type. I know it's just a gag, but there's magic that interrupts with typings and it's important information to have.

The Kind Knido
2013-12-22, 05:34 AM
This is totally awesome, but you can probably deflate the numbers a little bit so it's actually usable. At the very least, bump up the ECL rating to be more accurate.

I'd also define the Bronzeman type. I know it's just a gag, but there's magic that interrupts with typings and it's important information to have.

I could definitely nerf this template eventually. If only you knew half the crazy crap we come up with when playing D&D or even talking about it.

I wasn't too sure on what to do with the ECL. At first I thought "This is completely OP. Better make the ECL 15."

Then I wanted it to be 10. But then I like 7. So it's 7 now.

I never thought to define the Bronzeman type for some reason. I guess by the template alone, you can just piece together that's a human male with bronze muscles that are resilient to a lot of things. I could easily spice this up but it's 2:33 AM now and I wasn't expecting any responses here. I'll probably end up modifying this a lot and maybe even design one that won't tower above every other PC that plays unless it's an all Bronzeman campaign.

AuraTwilight
2013-12-22, 03:19 PM
That'd be great, because my group would definitely use something like this (in concept, I mean) if I let them. :3

The Kind Knido
2013-12-22, 03:46 PM
That'd be great, because my group would definitely use something like this (in concept, I mean) if I let them. :3

You mean they would use really OP templates or use ones that are based off of really obscure films?

AuraTwilight
2013-12-22, 08:03 PM
The latter, of course.

The Kind Knido
2013-12-22, 09:14 PM
The latter, of course.

Got it done. It most likely needs more work, but this is where it is so far. Just open the spoiler for the UN-OP version.

AuraTwilight
2013-12-22, 10:55 PM
Much better. Frickin' awesome, dude.

The Kind Knido
2013-12-22, 11:04 PM
Much better. Frickin' awesome, dude.

Any suggestions towards being more balanced or have I somehow got it?

AuraTwilight
2013-12-23, 03:24 AM
The Bronzeman type is a bit full of stuff. It shouldn't be giving THAT much traits. Compare to the existing types and try to follow that sort of format.