PDA

View Full Version : Hey wait... PHBII's 'Melee Weapon Mastery'

Kantolin
2007-01-18, 03:23 AM
Does this stack with the bonuses from Weapon Focus/Specialization? :smallconfused:

Or essentially, if I have Weapon Focus(Sap) and then Weapon Specialization(Sap), and then Melee Weapon Mastery (Bludgeoning), do I get a total bonus of +3 to hit and +4 to damage with my good ol' sap?

Divides
2007-01-18, 03:25 AM
Does this stack with the bonuses from Weapon Focus/Specialization? :smallconfused:

Or essentially, if I have Weapon Focus(Sap) and then Weapon Specialization(Sap), and then Melee Weapon Mastery (Bludgeoning), do I get a total bonus of +3 to hit and +4 to damage with my good ol' sap?

I believe they overlap.

Quote me on that and I will devour your soul!

Hallavast
2007-01-18, 03:25 AM
Yup. It's an unnamed bonus, correct? They stack. (though I believe you also need greater weapon focus and spec. to take the feat)? Not that great a thing. Fighters could certainly use a boon like this.

Divides
2007-01-18, 03:26 AM
Yup. It's an unnamed bonus, correct? They stack. (though I believe you also need greater weapon focus and spec. to take the feat)? Not that great a thing. Fighters could certainly use a boon like this.

I stand corrected :-p.

Amiria
2007-01-18, 03:29 AM
Yes, they stack. No, you don't need GWF and GWS to take Melee Weapon Mastery.

Dhavaer
2007-01-18, 03:32 AM
Yes, they do stack.

Kantolin
2007-01-18, 03:40 AM
Well... handy, then. Thank you.

its_all_ogre
2007-01-18, 03:25 PM
yep so you gain total +3 ab +4 dmg and stacks with greater focus and spec.
good news for fighters

pestilenceawaits
2007-01-18, 03:26 PM
yeah it is a great feat and does stack. and then you get to take damage type specialization feats like slashing fury also.

Aximili
2007-01-18, 03:36 PM
yep so you gain total +3 ab +4 dmg and stacks with greater focus and spec.
good news for fighters
Since you need only 4 fighter levels, and since there are quite a few classes that provide you WS, it's more like good news for every combatant.
(I wish the prerequisite was 8 fighter levels instead of +8 BAB. That wouldn't encourage dips.)

Were-Sandwich
2007-01-18, 03:42 PM
I want to make a fighter with all the unarmed feats, and Vesatile Unarmed Strike, and the spe feats for each damage type. Then use Slashing Flurry for a better Flurry, Driving Attack to send people flying backwards with a punch, and the bludgeoning one to hurt people loads.

pestilenceawaits
2007-01-18, 03:45 PM
I want to make a fighter with all the unarmed feats, and Vesatile Unarmed Strike, and the spe feats for each damage type. Then use Slashing Flurry for a better Flurry, Driving Attack to send people flying backwards with a punch, and the bludgeoning one to hurt people loads.

I think that would be cool I was thinking of doing something like this with a gestalt barbarian fighter into frenzied berzerker and frostrager from frostburn .

Lothorus
2007-01-18, 03:57 PM
Plus don't forget that Melee Weapon Mastery affects a single damage type, which is VERY good news. Easier for a fighter to pick up any old weapon and kick butt at least a little with it, instead of the usual "Aw man, if I don't have (specific weapon) I can't hit or hurt a thing". Sure, you'd still do way more damage with said specific weapon, but at least this way you aren't limited to it and only it. Mucho fun.

Diggorian
2007-01-18, 04:08 PM
My fighter/warblade plays in a highly-houseruled campaign that uses weapon groups, where I have weapon focus and spec. heavy blades.

What do you bet my DM wont let me take Melee Weapon Mastery: Slashing? :smallwink:

Malachite
2007-01-18, 07:17 PM
Then use ... Driving Attack to send people flying backwards with a punch...

What's this feat from? I can't find it anywhere :smallconfused:

ken-do-nim
2007-01-18, 09:00 PM
Since you need only 4 fighter levels, and since there are quite a few classes that provide you WS, it's more like good news for every combatant.
(I wish the prerequisite was 8 fighter levels instead of +8 BAB. That wouldn't encourage dips.)

I think the feat was meant for favored souls too, hence the prereq doesn't mention fighters. Did I mention how much I love favored souls?