PDA

View Full Version : [WAITLIST] To the Tower ?

Eulalios
2013-12-22, 12:49 PM
Now accepting applicants for waitlist.

Recruiting two new players - one each of warrior, rogue, or mage - for

wrapping up round two

Orhild is yelling "Back to the wagons! Damned Dalish! Damn Desta! Back to the wagons! ROLL ON!"

Ivonne finds good cover and scans the brush. She catches the silhouettes of five long-eared folk with bows, scrambling up over the top of the hill and away.

Halendor ... is not doing much. He kneels in the road, clutching at his side and at the arrows in his back. It's hard to read facial expressions by moonlight, but one might say he looks puzzled.

Thomar, like Cambion, sheds his shield and sword, unslings and strings his bow; scans the hillside with an arrow on the string. "Nothing and no-one," he growls.

Cambion, also scanning the hillside, spies a long-eared female crouched in silhouette at the crest. As he unthinkingly reaches for an arrow, she departs.

"Back to the wagons!" shouts Orhild.

Level 1, standard rules, setting is southwestern Ferelden pre-Blight, pre-Pretender. Current characters are an Orlesian noble rogue (runaway bride), Orlesian noble mage (apostate), and Nevarran warrior (adventuring noble). Looking to add warrior, rogue, or mage. NPC -> PC options include a male Fereldan warrior, a couple Antivan warriors (one male, one older female). Or roll your own (thank you, Red Moldova!). Dalish would be right out at this point.

Red Moldova
2013-12-23, 05:36 AM
Attribute Rolls
Communication: [roll0] - 1
Constitution: [roll1] - 2
Cunning: [roll2] - 0
Dexterity: [roll3] - 0
Magic: [roll4] - 0
Perception: [roll5] - 3
Strength: [roll6] - 1
Willpower: [roll7] - 1

Ability Swap
Perception <--> Strength

Background
Nevarran Adventurer

Class
Warrior

Weapon Groups
Light Blades
Heavy Blades
Spears

Starting Talents
Weapon and Shield Style (Novice)
Thrown Weapon Style (Novice)
Armor Training (Novice)

Philemonite
2013-12-23, 11:40 AM
Set 2 allows you to use point buy for stats and focuses, that's what I used for my Mage (currently the only Mage in the group, he is very lonely).:smallwink:

Hazuki
2013-12-23, 02:47 PM
Out of curiosity, The Pretender would be referring to Aldenon, right?

black velvet
2013-12-23, 03:52 PM
Hazuki - The game is set in Blessed Age 8:12. So I think the Pretender = Maric

Red Moldova
2013-12-23, 08:29 PM
Are these characters prebuilt or do we make our own? There weren't many details with the first post.

Background Benefits
[roll0]
[roll1]

Starting Health
30 + 2 + [roll2]

Starting Gold
50 + [roll3] Silver Pieces

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6480/rtax.png

black velvet
2013-12-24, 07:56 AM
Are these characters prebuilt or do we make our own? There weren't many details with the first post.

From what I understand you can either make your own (like you did) or use one of the NPCs.

Feel free to ask any questions you migh have in OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310399&page=7) .

You can learn more about character's creation here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310399&page=2)

Eulalios
2013-12-25, 02:53 PM
Red Moldova, please subscribe to ic thread and I will intro your character next post.

black velvet
2014-01-06, 08:32 AM
We're still looking for one more player - either rogue or mage. You can be that person :smallwink:

Sardonik
2014-01-07, 10:05 AM
I went out and bought the set one and two player guides. I'd like to join if it's still open by now?

Can we do point buy as per set two or are we rolling everything?

I don't portray rogues well, so I'd either make a very atypical rogue or a mage.

Eulalios
2014-01-07, 10:28 AM
I went out and bought the set one and two player guides. I'd like to join if it's still open by now?

Can we do point buy as per set two or are we rolling everything?

I don't portray rogues well, so I'd either make a very atypical rogue or a mage.

I prefer roll and re-arrange to suit.

Welcome to play a mage - keep in mind there's an Apostate already in the party, so adding a Circle Mage would be ... interesting.

I can think of at least two options to bring in your character - one within the next couple days game time (but in rough condition) or the other further up the road (in much better condition).

Sardonik
2014-01-07, 10:39 AM
Fair enough. Give me the rough one:smallbiggrin:. Would I be starting with any xp?
Also, do we roll for backgrounds too?
I'll roll my stats before I decide what to do.
Here's gold: [roll0]
Strength:[roll1]
Dexterity:[roll2]
Constitution:[roll3]
Cunning:[roll4]
Magic:[roll5]
Willpower:[roll6]
Perception:[roll7]
Communication:[roll8]

Sardonik
2014-01-07, 10:43 AM
That makes
Str:3
Dex:1
Con:3
Cun:2
Mag:1
Wil:0
Per:0
Com:1

Ehh. That's not a mage. I suppose I could swap str for wil, but it's still wierd.

I made this post as to avoid editing the other one. I listed my stats differently than the standard configuration, so I thought it'd be a bad idea to edit it.

black velvet
2014-01-07, 11:36 AM
I'm glad you decided to join us, Sardonik :smallsmile:

You can shuffle your attributes however you'd like (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310399&page=2). So I expect 3s will go to Magic and Willpower :smallwink:

Also congrats on good attribute rolls - the title of the worst stats in the game still belongs to me :smalltongue:

As for background - you can either choose one attribute and one focous or choose 3 focuses.

Eulalios
2014-01-07, 12:03 PM
I'm glad you decided to join us, Sardonik :smallsmile:

You can shuffle your attributes however you'd like (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310399&page=2). So I expect 3s will go to Magic and Willpower :smallwink:

Also congrats on good attribute rolls - the title of the worst stats in the game still belongs to me :smalltongue:

As for background - you can either choose one attribute and one focous or choose 3 focuses.

Or you can pick a mage-compatible background (Circle Mage, straight Apostate, Fereldan Craftsman or Freeman<-those were dumb ideas on my part, Antivan Wayfarer) and roll on the appropriate table.

HOUSERULED, and definitely NOT REQUIRED: If you are interested in playing an Avvar Shaman, you are welcome to take the Hillman background benefits + we can discuss tribal-flavored spell selection, but you will definitely have a weird response from any Avvars or Chasinds whom you encounter. Plus Fereldans will despise you.

Sardonik
2014-01-07, 04:48 PM
Say I do this:

Str:3
Dex:1
Con:2
Cun:0
Mag:3
Wil:1
Per:1
Com:0

Get myself a greatsword and a light armor, and I'd be half-decent in a fight, while also sort of fitting the theme of an avvar shaman, as well as being a somewhat competent mage. I'm not looking to become an arcane warrior, merely a mage who knows how to fight (just like that guy, one of Andraste's generals. I can't remember his name right now.)

Edit: Scratch that, I see you need weapon training and armor training, and there's no real way to get that.

Eulalios
2014-01-19, 08:41 PM
Hey, Sardonik, are you still in on this?