View Full Version : So I'm building an artificer... I'd like some advice about feats to take.

AnonymousPepper
2013-12-22, 01:18 PM
Starting off at Level 1. I've never built an artificer before but I've always wanted to. I'm at feats right now and I can't quite decide what to take for it. If there's enough good ones to take this early, I might even take some flaws to accommodate more.

Could somebody provide me with a list of good early feats to take? Preferably leaving out things that won't scale reasonably well later on.

Madcrafter
2013-12-22, 02:52 PM
Depends a bit on which type of artificer you want to be. Generally if you can retrain later, Point Blank Shot and Skill Focus (UMD) are good choices early on. Or some of the Artisan feats to save you resources. If you are going for a blastificer, start stacking up your metamagic feats early on. There are quite a lot of options, and artificers can end up eating a lot of feat slots.

Heroic Spirit is also a pretty decent choice, or Rapid Infusion, though I'm not a fan of the latter.

Obligatory handbook link, with good advice. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5929.0)

Ansem
2013-12-22, 08:07 PM
Mercantile background -> profits 200%