PDA

View Full Version : feats for gold

Lanth Sor
2013-12-22, 07:37 PM
Are there any ways to aquire feats without leveling or magic items in 3.5 or pf.
If no official content then homebrew works to.

Seerow
2013-12-22, 07:43 PM
Not that I'm aware of.

If wanting to homebrew such a thing, I'd price it out as a magic item and then double the cost (basically paying the cost of a slotless item).

So you want a Fighter bonus feat? That's a continuous Heroics spell. 2nd level spell, Caster level 3. 10min/level base effect means it's a x4000 multiplier... so a Fighter bonus feat costs 24,000gp. Paying gold to get it innately bumps that up to 48,000gp.

Getting a non-fighter feat is harder. That probably bumps it to a 3rd level spell equivalent, making it cost 60,000gp as an item, 120,000gp innate.

These costs are pretty high, which makes them more or less perfectly in line which how much 3.5 overvalues feats.

Slipperychicken
2013-12-22, 07:45 PM
Are there any ways to aquire feats without leveling or magic items in 3.5 or pf.
If no official content then homebrew works to.

There are "special locations" and such. If you do the quest (or visit the location), you get the feat associated with it. If you want to say that you did it in your backstory (and get the feat), that costs WBL.

Emperor Tippy
2013-12-22, 07:46 PM
Various magical locations. The Otyugh Hole + Embrace the Dark Chaos and Shun the Dark Chaos can get you unlimited feats for nothing but gold.

Vhaidara
2013-12-22, 07:50 PM
What Tippy said. It is known on the boards as the Chaos Shuffle.

btw, I kind of want to make an Electric Slide parody for Chaos Shuffle.

Another method of free feats (that can be Chaos Shuffled) is Legacy weapons. As you complete their trials you get the three legacy feats for the weapon, which you then CS out.

Krobar
2013-12-22, 07:56 PM
In our games it really depends on the feat. I had a bard that wished for everyone everywhere to know that HE was the greatest swordsman of all time. He got Epic Reputation for that. Some quests will grant feats. Deities can bestow feats. This is really "come up with a good story and talk to the DM" territory. YMMV.

Anxe
2013-12-23, 01:08 AM
Flaws also get you feats.