PDA

View Full Version : Radiant Servant Of Pelor/Ilmater ??

kanachi
2007-01-18, 08:35 AM
Hiya everyone!

I’ve got a player who is playing as a cleric of Ilmater and he wants to adapt and use the Radiant servant of Pelor as a PRC. I think this is a good idea as it suits his character and role within the party (main healer/buffer) well. Most the abilities fit in really well and can be adjusted to suit Ilmater, but we both feel tha the Radiance ability is not really in keeping with the vision we both had.

Basically his character has been through all kinds of hell and (his arm has even been horribly mutilated and semi-possessed by a demon) Therefore I’d really like to replace the Radiance ability with something that improves Ilmaters suffering domain or similar such spells instead of spells with a light descriptor.

I would be really grateful for any ideas anyone has as I’d really like to replace the ability with something a lot more suiting to my players flavour.

Thanks very much!

Rumda
2007-01-18, 09:51 AM
I would associate the radiant servant with a sun god more than healing since most of its abilities key off the sun and a few off the healing domains, so for the realms it would suit lathander if you house rule the healing domain as one of his allowed domains

kanachi
2007-01-18, 11:04 AM
I would associate the radiant servant with a sun god more than healing since most of its abilities key off the sun and a few off the healing domains, so for the realms it would suit lathander if you house rule the healing domain as one of his allowed domains

My cleric player does not want to change his deity and apart from the radiance ability the entire class fits very nicely. I'm really after ideas sugestions for an equivilant ability to that of radiance for the suffering domain (as i want to keep the power level roughly the same).

Thanks for the responce though!

Danu
2007-01-18, 11:57 AM
Y'know, the class is actually surprisingly well adjusted for Ilmater. Upon looking at it, though, the radiance ability does need some minor changes. Here's my idea:

Touch of Suffering (Su): All spells of the Suffering domain cast by the *servant of Ilmater* are cast at +1 caster level and treated as if modified by the Extend Spell feat or the Enlarge Spell feat (whichever is more appropriate) without actually increasing the effective level of the spell. A *servant of Ilmater* may apply this benefit to any spell he casts on the Suffering Domain spell list, even if that spell is not currently prepared as one of the *servant of Ilmater*'s domain spells. A *servant of Ilmater* may only apply one of these metamagic effects to a spell at a time, and he chooses which effect to apply any time he casts an appropriate spell.

This power closely matches the original, by applying to a select number of spells, and granting a metamagic effect. The radiance ability increases the caster level of light spells, and effectively applies the Widen Spell feat to light spells, which is a +3 spell adjustment. The above ability grants two metamagic effects, each of which as a +1 spell adjustment. Greater flexibility, less actual power.

kanachi
2007-01-19, 05:07 AM
cool! thats a nice simple solution actually, thanks!