PDA

View Full Version : My starwars saga character

Immabozo
2013-12-23, 02:56 AM
So my DM decided he wanted to up the power level in Saga, cause "hero" characters should be just that, hero characters, significantly more powerful than the normal character.

Houserules:
- Every three levels is a gestalt level (i.e. 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, etc)
- Every level you get 1 point. Two points can be spent on any talent from a class you have taken, 3 points can be used on any feat you are eligible for.
- Skill focus does not give a static +5, but it instead gives you +1 to that skill per level (instead of the normal + equal to half level every skill gets normally)
- Dont loose your character due to dark side points.

My character:

I am a Lurman, which is a Lemur, advanced to the level of Ewoks. Character concept- I was discovered by a jedi on my homeworld and I displayed limited control of the Force, able to minorly affect my surroundings with the Force. Knowing about Yoda and the relatively few of his species (or unique?) becoming Force sensative. So he took me back to the jedi temple and I slowly began jedi training. But, still being animalistic, primitive species, I was too aggressive, too much of a problem. So I got kicked out. I was picked up by a dark jedi and trained in the dark side of the force.

So this Lurman uses the Force for mobility and control, uses dual lightsabers to deal damage. But, as a very weak character (and a weak species, racial -2 to str, giving me a str of 5) I deal very little hp damage. I hit the right spots and do straight conditions track damage.

The Bulid

Level 6
Jedi 3/Soldier 3//scoundrel 3

str 5
dex 16
con 10
int 8
wis 17
cha 18

Fort 19
Ref 24
Will 21

HP 64

Force powers known:
Phase (two uses)
Surge
Levitate
Mind Trick
Rebuke (two uses)
Move Object
Dark Rage
Fear

Stealth +21
Treat Injury +11
Use the Force +15

Talent
- Elusive target (additional -5 to hit me with a ranged weapon when I am in hand-to-hand)
- Dastardly Strike (-1 on conditions track when hit and target is flat footed)
- Melee Smash (+1 damage)
- Stunning strike (-1 conditions track when hit)
- Power of the Dark Side
- Swift Power of the Dark Side (1/day use a standard/move action Force power as a swift action)
- Weaken strike (-1 on conditions track when hit and target is flat footed)

(6 talents from levels, with gestalt, it worked out that I got one every level, +1 "bought" for two points)

Feats
Point Blank Shot
Weapon proficiency (Lightsaber, Rifles)
Armor proficiency (light, Medium)
Force Sensitivity
Dual Weapon Mastery I and II
Skill Focus (Use the Force)
Weapon Finesse
Force Training (4 times)

(Most of the feats come from level 1 of my classes, +1 bought for 3 points)

Items
Camo suit (+5 stealth)
red lightsaber
orange lightsaber

Story

So we are hired to board a stolen ship with a hostile crew, recover some cargo, kidnap the captain and blow up the rest of the ship. So we board the ship by drilling a hole and attaching a walkway, we board into a cargo hold and while the party searches the cargo hold, I activate Phase and run around the ship stealthing around and scouting everything, return to them and tell them what I found. We killed a few guards, ran up a hall, up a ladder and came into the room behind the bridge. I stood on the far side of the room and heard men coming up the ladder in that room (remember, I now know the ship's layout).

So I activate phase, ran through the door and ready an action to attack the first one up the ladder. Finally, one comes up and I get to roll my first attack of the game! Two swings, one hit. 2D8+5 and -3 on conditions track.

The entire table goes "WHAT?!?!?!"

I laugh.

I take my next action to swing at the guy under him (the first on is at -5 on everything due to conditions track damage. I am not worried. 2 swings, one hit, -3 conditions track and he looses his grip and falls on the other two on the ladder and everyone falls down off the ladder. The guy attacks me with his blaster, blind firing over his shoulder, missed, then I finished him.

The remaining guys threw a grenade up the ladder at me and the DM let me roll wisdom to recognize it as dangerous and then move light object and grab the grenade and throw it back down the hole. (I know not per the rules, but it was fun!)

then two got to the top of the ladder and were ready to attack me. I popped Dark Rage, two swings, two hits on guy #1 2D8 + 5 and - 6 conditions track movement. I turn to the other, who throws his gun down the ladder to show he is surrendering. Well, there was the last guy coming up the ladder. So the gun hit him in the face and did 4 damage, the DM rolled and it knocked him off the ladder.

I decided that it felt like this character doesn't accept surrenders. So full attack, two swings, two hits, -6 conditions, he is down. (granted I was caught up in the moment and typing this, the last two weren't flat footed, well, maybe the one who surrendered).

Then I dropped down the ladder with my lightsabers pointed down and landed on the last guy, driving my lightsabers into his chest.

It was glorious.

Waar
2013-12-23, 08:06 AM
So my DM decided he wanted to up the power level in Saga, cause "hero" characters should be just that, hero characters, significantly more powerful than the normal character.

Houserules:
- Every three levels is a gestalt level (i.e. 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, etc)
- Every level you get 1 point. Two points can be spent on any talent from a class you have taken, 3 points can be used on any feat you are eligible for.
- Skill focus does not give a static +5, but it instead gives you +1 to that skill per level (instead of the normal + equal to half level every skill gets normally)
- Dont loose your character due to dark side points.

Saga heroes are powerfull (for instance: a nonheroic level 1 has about 3 hp, while a level 1 solider often has over 30 hp), and not losing your character due to dark side score is a very common rule (as far as I know).

The Bulid

- Weaken strike (-1 on conditions track when hit and target is flat footed)

Nice talent, where did you find it?

Story

ready an action to attack the first one up the ladder. Finally, one comes up and I get to roll my first attack of the game! Two swings

I don't think your character can do that as a readied action, but appart from that it's a very nice idea and story :smallsmile:

Immabozo
2013-12-23, 12:11 PM
Saga heroes are powerfull (for instance: a nonheroic level 1 has about 3 hp, while a level 1 solider often has over 30 hp), and not losing your character due to dark side score is a very common rule (as far as I know).

Nice talent, where did you find it?

I don't think your character can do that as a readied action, but apart from that it's a very nice idea and story :smallsmile:

I agree, they usually are, but I wasn't going to fight him!

There is Dastardly Strike talent for Scoundrels from core on page 46 that does that (-1 on conditions track when denied dex bonus to reflex upon hit)

Stunning Strike (core page 62) is a talent for soldiers, if overcoming threshold, an extra -1 step on conditions track.

Unfortunately, on second look, I misread weakening strike (I did it on the fly, hurriedly, mid game). It is on page 15 of Scum and Villany. But instead of moving them down the conditions track, you can impose a -5 on all their roles next round.

And you can't ready a full attack? Is it only one swing? (remember, I have 2 sabers)

Waar
2013-12-23, 02:01 PM
I agree, they usually are, but I wasn't going to fight him!

There is Dastardly Strike talent for Scoundrels from core on page 46 that does that (-1 on conditions track when denied dex bonus to reflex upon hit)

Stunning Strike (core page 62) is a talent for soldiers, if overcoming threshold, an extra -1 step on conditions track.

Unfortunately, on second look, I misread weakening strike (I did it on the fly, hurriedly, mid game). It is on page 15 of Scum and Villany. But instead of moving them down the conditions track, you can impose a -5 on all their roles next round.

And you can't ready a full attack? Is it only one swing? (remember, I have 2 sabers)

In generall (there are some talents that change that) full attacks (which includes attacking with multiple weapopns) takes a full (round) action while you can only ready a standard action so no, now if you had picked the saber swarm ligthsaber form power you could have readied that.

Immabozo
2013-12-23, 08:31 PM
In generall (there are some talents that change that) full attacks (which includes attacking with multiple weapopns) takes a full (round) action while you can only ready a standard action so no, now if you had picked the saber swarm ligthsaber form power you could have readied that.

where is that?

Waar
2013-12-24, 06:24 AM
where is that?

All ligthsaber form powers are in the Jedi Academy trining manual (they are force powers that require a lightsaber), hope it helps :smallsmile:

Immabozo
2013-12-25, 10:01 PM
All ligthsaber form powers are in the Jedi Academy trining manual (they are force powers that require a lightsaber), hope it helps :smallsmile:

I never knew that book existed! I'll have to look it up, thanks!