PDA

View Full Version : Vaarsuvius's greatest crime ever

Tiiba
2013-12-23, 01:55 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0659.html

Giving Blackwing a shiny bauble, and making him drop it into another dimension. Not destroying it, but making Blackwing destroy it.

Words fail.

zimmerwald1915
2013-12-23, 02:02 PM

Giving Blackwing a shiny bauble, and making him drop it into another dimension. Not destroying it, but making Blackwing destroy it.

Words fail.
Wait, so sewers are alternate dimensions now? That explains so much!

Tiiba
2013-12-23, 02:07 PM

Oh, so that was meant to happen? B really is an ADVANCED dinosaur.

Benthesquid
2013-12-23, 02:11 PM

Well, V had obviously considered the possibility of Xykon snatching the phylactery back- hence why he cast Explosive Runes on it. Whether he had decided that that was definitely going to happen, or was just using it as a contingency, is less clear.

NihhusHuotAliro
2013-12-23, 02:12 PM
Yes.

The ADVANCED dinosaur decided to feed the bauble to a sewer-dwelling creature (presumably a pseudosuchian of some sort). Given the absolutely insane digestive ability of pseudosuchians, total digestion of a heavily-warded, very-much-spelled, almost-unbreakable phylactery is not at all unlikely. Also, should Xykon die and reform from the Phylactery when it is incompletely digested, then the pseudosuchian gets a free meal.

Tiiba
2013-12-23, 02:27 PM
But see, none of that negates the fact that Blackwing had to rip his own heart out. Some things are just not done.

martianmister
2013-12-23, 06:33 PM
But see, none of that negates the fact that Blackwing had to rip his own heart out. Some things are just not done.

He could rip Redcloak's heart to stop nemesis Xykon and other paladins unfalled.

Evandar
2013-12-30, 08:17 AM
He could rip Redcloak's heart to stop nemesis Xykon and other paladins unfalled.

I'm not sure what that means but I am 100% behind you.

SowZ
2013-12-30, 08:30 AM

Is this some sort of neo-avante garde poetry?

Dracon1us
2013-12-30, 08:48 AM

preach it sister!

Bulldog Psion
2013-12-30, 06:31 PM

Pelor knows what this means, but I'll drink to that. :smallbiggrin:

DaggerPen
2013-12-30, 08:07 PM

Autocorrect is kind of amazing sometimes, isn't it?

Lombard
2013-12-30, 09:21 PM

Words fail.

Wait I know I know! Is the reason it's V's greatest crime, that it's unusually cruel to force a raven (or is he a crow, I forget lol) to destroy a shiny bauble?!? Because they love shiny baubles so much?

Tiiba
2013-12-31, 02:58 PM
Wait I know I know! Is the reason it's V's greatest crime, that it's unusually cruel to force a raven (or is he a crow, I forget lol) to destroy a shiny bauble?!? Because they love shiny baubles so much?

Yes! That jackass.

Sir_Leorik
2013-12-31, 04:04 PM

Say wha?!?

FlawedParadigm
2014-01-04, 05:22 PM

Another tequila?

Isador Levi
2014-01-04, 05:51 PM
Recloak did not shine that phylactory.

Tiiba
2014-01-04, 06:11 PM
Recloak did not shine that phylactory.

Who said that? And besides, would he need to, with all those spells on it?

Harry Leipzig
2014-01-05, 09:00 PM
Oh, so this is that kind of thread. Ok, I'm game. :small amused:

I don't know how Vaarsuvius can live with himself, enslaving such a majestic pinnacle of evolution? Blackwing is fully within his rights to rebel against his tyrannical keeper and lead a bird rebellion.

I, for one, welcome our new advanced dinosaurian overlords.

Amphiox
2014-01-07, 02:18 AM

How else can they be consistently eight times bigger than the cities they lie under?

Sir_Leorik
2014-01-07, 12:30 PM
How else can they be consistently eight times bigger than the cities they lie under?

Extradimensional space, duh! :smalltongue:

martianmister
2014-01-07, 06:10 PM

Are they? :smallconfused:

Sir_Leorik
2014-01-07, 10:52 PM
Are they? :smallconfused:

They are in "Ravenloft". At least the ones in Richemulot and Paridon. Those sewers are practically the size of a small country!

Flame of Anor
2014-01-08, 04:54 AM
Yes! That jackass.

*jackdaw :smalltongue:

Cavenskull
2014-01-08, 05:39 AM

Words fail.

No, Vaarsuvius' greatest crime was disintegrating Kubota. Kubota thought he had everything figured out, but all it took were two spells to turn him into a delightfully unceremonious anti-climax. In a flash, Kubota's plans fell apart like his ashen corpse. Sending Kubota on an instant, one-way trip to the afterlife without even giving him the dignity of seeing it coming was Vaarsuvius' crime, and it was GREAT!