PDA

View Full Version : Dragonmark

j_spencer93
2013-12-23, 05:41 PM
Ok to get dragonmark feats they require a dragonmark, is their anything wrong with just saying a NPC has a dragonmark to accept these feats?

Greenish
2013-12-23, 06:07 PM
There's nothing specifically disallowing you to use fiat to give the NPCs all the bonus feats you wish. Personally I find it… unsatisfactory, but each for their own.

j_spencer93
2013-12-23, 06:16 PM
Actually i think i worded that badly. Let me clarify, if their a disadvantage or advantage to dragonmarks? I never fully read the dragonmarked book so lack knowledge on them, how does on get a dragon mark anyways, are they based on solely picking one of the families detailed in the book?

Greenish
2013-12-23, 06:35 PM
A dragonmark is, crunch-wise, a feat (chain) that lets you use select SLA(s). They're specific to given bloodlines (corresponding with the Dragonmarked Houses), though you could have the blood without being a member of the House. Crunch-wise, you only have to be of the appropriate PHB race.

Now, what do you want to do with Dragonmarks, and are you playing Eberron?

sleepyphoenixx
2013-12-23, 06:36 PM
You get a dragonmark by taking the feat Least Dragonmark or Aberrant Dragonmark (or 2 levels in the Heir of Syberis PrC).

j_spencer93
2013-12-23, 06:49 PM
simply wanted it for a joke character to get the dragonmarked fist or whatever feat that deals auto max damage with an unarmed strike

Greenish
2013-12-23, 06:55 PM
simply wanted it for a joke character to get the dragonmarked fist or whatever feat that deals auto max damage with an unarmed strikeDragonmark Fist requires the game to use Action Points to function. It's not really tied to the Dragonmarks like most of the feats, though.

j_spencer93
2013-12-23, 06:59 PM
Dragonmark Fist

( Dragonmarked, p. 138)

[General]

The power of your dragonmark lets you deal devastating unarmed strikes.
Prerequisite
Improved Unarmed Strike (PH) , any true or aberrant dragonmark,
Benefit
You can spend 1 action point to automatically deal maximum damage with a unarmed strike. The decision to spend the action point is made after the attack is resolved but before damage is rolled.

so you see no reason not to give someone this feat without a dragonmark?