PDA

View Full Version : What should Dragon Compendium II contain?

CyberThread
2013-12-23, 10:23 PM
Let us say they did for some weird reason make a Dragon Compendium II, what do you think it should contain?

Waker
2013-12-23, 11:00 PM
Animal Shen PrC, Ranger Knight PrC, the various Thrall of X PrCs, the huge slew of ACFs that they have (including the ever popular Eidetic Spellcasting or Trickster variant for Spellthieves) as well some of the useful feats for multiclassing or tactical feats.

(Un)Inspired
2013-12-23, 11:14 PM
I would love the green whisperer prestige class to get a more official publishing. Plus the racial classes for dragons would be nice.

unseenmage
2013-12-24, 01:44 AM
One word: Errata.

Maginomicon
2013-12-24, 03:34 AM
One word: Errata.

Dragon Compendium I does have errata.

Just to Browse
2013-12-24, 03:47 AM
Mystic Ranger, an actually usable version of Totem Druid, some of the funner extra races, and the magic-blooded template.

Unless I got to seriously cherry pick, I don't know if I would want to see any PrCs or feats. Most of those were... geuhh.

DeAnno
2013-12-24, 04:07 AM
Knowstones.

Alent
2013-12-24, 04:43 AM
Improved versions of the Monk of the (compass point) winds. I liked the idea of a PrC theurging Monk progressions with divine casting and wildshape, but it was so badly implemented I'd never play it over the table.

Dvati racial substitution levels.

unseenmage
2013-12-24, 04:44 AM
Dragon Compendium I does have errata.

Okay then, two words: More Errata. :smalltongue:

Vizzerdrix
2013-12-24, 08:12 AM
I forgot the name of it, but the feat that grants Far Realm related spells in a similar fashion as the mother cyst feat.

The Druid Plant Companion, as well as the feats for monstrous companions.

And lastly the chocobo.

Larkas
2013-12-24, 09:49 AM
Knowstones.

So much this.

There will never be a Dragon Compendium II, though. :smallfrown:

Brookshw
2013-12-24, 09:57 AM

+1 +2 ? But if they couldn't be bothered for the special edition reprints to implement what came before....

dysprosium
2013-12-24, 10:02 AM
Oh gods! I would love for there to be a Dragon Compendium II!

Let's add the "official" 3.5 updates for Oriental Adventures.

And the Spell Sovereign prestige class (the one that creates and manipulates living spells).

Maginomicon
2013-12-24, 10:10 AM
Every single flaw except the commoner flaws.

Every single base ACF (I'm looking at you Filidh Wizard and non-LG paladin variants) except the Totem Druid (because gah that was horribly written).

The Arcane Focus feats

The monk fighting style and weapon style articles.

Prime32
2013-12-24, 12:08 PM
Dragon had some good but obscure stuff for monks:

Obi of the White Lotus Master
Technomagical Implants
Anchoring Strike
All the extra Martial Art Masteries

Also, the Mole PrC.

Devronq
2013-12-24, 12:31 PM
Surprised no one has said this yet but damn clarification of what a true dragon is!

Amphetryon
2013-12-24, 12:32 PM
+1 on:

Knowstones
3.5 OA Update
Mike Mearls' PrCs (such as the Mole)

I'd also approve of adding all the variant Alignment Paladins, even if Paladins themselves are not something I generally recommend.

Prime32
2013-12-24, 01:15 PM
I'd also approve of adding all the variant Alignment Paladins, even if Paladins themselves are not something I generally recommend.With better rules on what mounts they can pick, I'd hope. Some of the restrictions were ridiculously vague.

Psyren
2013-12-24, 01:21 PM
Just to be that guy and break the game more, lets get Eidetic Spellcaster, Alternative Source Spell and Divine StP Erudite into a hardback :smalltongue:

The Viscount
2013-12-24, 01:55 PM

I agree completely. The original errata was very poorly done, based entirely on the responses in a single thread discussing it, and they left out several things.

Illarion
2013-12-24, 02:38 PM
I have the two issues with the chromatic and metallic dragon class progressions, but I would like to see them in print again so more people get to use them.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-12-24, 03:39 PM
Wasn't there a completely broken Arcane/Psion theurge printed in Dragon? You know, just to be completely thorough. :smalltongue:

CyberThread
2013-12-25, 04:39 PM
Afohe base class

Kennisiou
2013-12-25, 04:48 PM
Mystic Ranger, Solitary Ranger ACF, the Oriental Adventures Errata are all nice things that give much needed variance and power boosts to some less useful classes.

Fairy Mysteries Initiate, just for kicks.

unseenmage
2013-12-25, 04:51 PM
More seriously, I'd like to see War Spells made usable and a Paizo-like update for the Grippli. Because they're adorable. :smallwink:

Dusk Eclipse
2013-12-25, 05:16 PM
Something like this (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-grippli) :smalltongue:

Metahuman1
2013-12-25, 05:18 PM
Half-minotaur, half oger, faerie Mysteries Initiate, Magic Blooded, ALL there element/environment variants (like the Ice Dweller one. The one with +2 Con and -2 Cha. Does anyone happen to know what issue and page that can be found on?), and all the vestiges they came out with would be really cool.

Dread_Head
2013-12-25, 07:57 PM
Half-minotaur, half oger, faerie Mysteries Initiate, Magic Blooded, ALL there element/environment variants (like the Ice Dweller one. The one with +2 Con and -2 Cha. Does anyone happen to know what issue and page that can be found on?), and all the vestiges they came out with would be really cool.

The template you're thinking of is Arctic, it's in the same issue as Magic blooded(306) a couple of pages before it.

Invader
2013-12-25, 09:44 PM
The true dragon class progressions (updated so they're a little more powerful).

Metahuman1
2013-12-25, 10:28 PM
The template you're thinking of is Arctic, it's in the same issue as Magic blooded(306) a couple of pages before it.

Arctic? There are two Arctic templates? Oh, please someone tell me this isn't a deal were what I was looking for is 3.0 and the 3.5 Arctic template got rid of the most important part? (The Con bonus is the most important part.)

Maginomicon
2013-12-25, 10:37 PM
Afohe base class
What's this?

Greenish
2013-12-25, 11:02 PM
Arctic? There are two Arctic templates? Oh, please someone tell me this isn't a deal were what I was looking for is 3.0 and the 3.5 Arctic template got rid of the most important part? (The Con bonus is the most important part.)The only Arctic template I know of, the one from Dragon #306, does have the Con bonus (and the Cha penalty), though it is 3.0.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-12-25, 11:29 PM
Maybe Metahuman is thinking of these Arctic racial variants (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/environmentalRacialVariants.htm#arcticRaces) which are indeed different from the template in Dragon.

Greenish
2013-12-25, 11:31 PM
An Arctic Arctic Elf would be a pretty neat race for a wizard. +2 Dex, +2 Int, -4 Cha. :smalltongue:

[Edit]: No, that'd be the Arctic Fire Elf. An Arctic Arctic Elf would be -2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Cha.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-12-25, 11:37 PM
You man an Arctic Arctic Grey Elf right? :smalltongue:

Kennisiou
2013-12-25, 11:40 PM
Grey elves aren't environmental. They're an elf subrace as is the arctic elf. They're two different subraces. It's like saying "it would be cool to make a lesser drow grey elf." It doesn't work like that.

Arctic arctic elves totally work, though. They don't get +int unless arctic template gives it, however.

Edit: actually, looking at it again maybe it does. I'll have to find an actual copy of unearthed arcana to read again, since reading it before I was fairly sure the standard race meant the non-subrace version of a race was the only thing that could be environment-modified, thereby making a new subrace, but the text on the SRD doesn't say that. It uses "standard race" just to mean the way the race is before the environment modifying happens. And it just refers to the environmental subraces as "variant races" not as subraces, leading me to believe you could variant other races as environmental.

Metahuman1
2013-12-25, 11:41 PM
So wait, in 3.0 it's a template and not a race variant? Crud. That means it doesn't help the character I was gonna put it on since I'm limited to 1 template and. Pity, I would have very much liked that +2 to Con too.

In case anyone's wondering, I'm building a Druid whom I want to be a Melee power house, hence I need as much con as I can cram in there with 1 base race + Elemental/racial variants + 1 Template that is either LA 0 or LA 1 that I can have already bought off.

Greenish
2013-12-25, 11:41 PM
You man an Arctic Arctic Grey Elf right? :smalltongue:Ah, but that'd require homebrewing, since Arctic Elf is a distinct subrace from Grey Elf.

Though I suppose technically you can only apply the Arctic template to the PHB races, not their MM subraces.

[Edit]:
So wait, in 3.0 it's a template and not a race variant?It's both. UA/SRD has the Arctic Dwarves/Elves/Gnomes/Goblins/half-elves/half-orcs/kobolds/orcs subraces, and the Dragon Magazine has the template.

Sith_Happens
2013-12-26, 01:31 AM
On a related note, are there Dragon PDFs legally for sale anywhere (in the US, if relevant)?

Larkas
2013-12-26, 02:16 PM
On a related note, are there Dragon PDFs legally for sale anywhere (in the US, if relevant)?

Most of them are available at Paizo.com, I think.

Vaz
2013-12-27, 12:33 PM
The Ferrous Dragons. Some pretty cool mechanics in there; Cobalt, my favourite due to their Bullrush breath weapon.

Amphetryon
2013-12-27, 01:16 PM
Wasn't there a Dragon issue with chariot-related Feats? Those could also be worthwhile for some concepts and settings.

Prime32
2013-12-27, 02:17 PM
I think those were Sword & Fist.