PDA

View Full Version : Question about buying Legends of the Wulin

Sam cw
2013-12-23, 11:21 PM
I've heard this game is good and wanted to check it out, but I'm a little unsure how to actually get it. It's on DrivethruRPG, my usual source for PDFs but it's listed as the "pre-sales edition". Is that the correct version? If not, where should I get it? I know it's run into production issues for the physical books, but has that affected the PDF? And does it really go for 30$? That seems like a lot for a PDF.

tensai_oni
2013-12-24, 04:45 PM
Yes, the pre-sales edition is the one you want to get. That's the correct version - which is still written confusingly at times and could really use an editor, but if you ask me the system is worth it regardless.

Is 30$ really that much for a full RPG? It's not a tiny indie system, it's a fully fledged mainstream game, just in PDF form.

Terraoblivion
2013-12-24, 08:13 PM
The pdf is the finished version and has been unchanged for almost two years. They just forgot to update the name or wanted to wait on doing so until they had the physical books, only to get run into some crazy shipping issues so they can't actually get them out of the warehouse.

And I agree with the oni, $30 is an entirely fair price for it. It's a full length, fully illustrated book using professional art and a full production team. The art is black and white, but that's due to an artistic choice of solely using Chinese ink painting for it, there's colored text, watermarks and similar. It's also an absolutely beautiful book, even in pdf format. With a system as good as this and as much effort in the production of the book, paying some extra is worth it.

Andreaz
2013-12-24, 09:22 PM
The book is amazing and more than worth every penny, even as a "mere" pdf. It's probably my favorite system for fighty games.