PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Gurg [IC] (3.5 D&D)

Techwarrior
2013-12-24, 02:31 AM
The Bandit King has been directing your mercenary troop for the past year. You have done well with him, pillaging countless places. You have come to make camp at the edge of your ancestral home: The Great Swamp. None of the bandits know why you've come here.

Now however, you have been summoned to meet with him, alone. Not even Morgan is to come with you. It is first light on the first day of the last month of the fall season. You have just been awoken by a messenger from the Lord.

Grimsage Matt
2013-12-24, 10:11 AM
Now, Gurg wasn't the brightest bulb in the box. A mental juggernaught by troll standards, but thats not saying much. But, a few things have to be looked after before he heads ter meet the boss. Maybe he wants the gold? Wouldn't hurt to take it with him.

Of course, while he was thinking, the poor messanger was getting a verbal tougne lashing from Morgan, everyone in the bad knows not to wake her too early, especially after what she did ter Murdoc. Laying a large hand on her shoulder, he speaks, his voice sounding like it's coming from a deep barrel, with a few rocks thrown in for good measure.

"Morgan, he's only doing what da boss told 'em ter do. So, go back ter sleep, and I'll give ya a proper wake up when I git back. And if he was wastin time, well, we'll have somethin fer the stew pot."

She huffs, and gives one last glare at the poor trembling sod, who has not yet voided his bowels, and heads back to the heap of furs.

Quickly pulling on his pants and war harness, Gurg drags the messenger out of the tent. Nodding to Murdoc, whose eyes never really recovered, as well as the twins Ben and Borri, he gives them the short instructions.

"Now, I got a meeting ter git to, so Morgan's in charge while I'm gone. And keep a bit of an eye on this sod eh? Woke up Morgan, and if he was time wastin, he's fer the stewpot."

Grabing ten of the bars of gold, each which weigh 10 pounds, he puts them is a sack, and walks off into the morning fog, keeping his eye carefully on the ground, trying to avoid the pitfalls of the swamp.

It takes a while, but he makes it to the meeting place.

Gurg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=739068)
Morgan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=739088)
Murdoc (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=739886)
Ben & Borri (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=739899)
The Troops (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=739913)
The Support (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=739915)

Techwarrior
2013-12-25, 03:03 PM
The Bandit King welcomes Gurg into his tent, not a very humble one, but it is still a tent at the edge of the swamp. He wears a jaunty tunic over a mail shirt, and has a blade strapped to his side. Other, more exotic, weaponry litters the floor of the tent. He takes a hip flask from his pocket, sips from it, and then goes to offer it to Gurg and hesitates. Instead he reaches into a pack and hands Gurg a flagon of bourbon.

"So Gurg, I have a request of you. It doesn't fall into your contract, but I'll make it worth your while. If you do this for me, you can keep your tribute for this year, all of it. I'll also personally make sure that your troop is taken care of while you're running this little errand for me."

Grimsage Matt
2013-12-25, 03:23 PM
Intresting. The boss wants somethin, and bad enough to forgive tribute? Could be woth it, could be a trap.

"So, what you need me to do boss?"

Techwarrior
2013-12-25, 03:31 PM
The bandit smiles a wicked smile and takes another sip from his flask.

"I want you to enter the swamp, and find the ruins of Da'tel Quor. There you will find a magical veil that I want you to retrieve for me. The ruins are from the First Dragon War, and rumors have it that the entire time the place has been left undisturbed. The place contains a series of rivers and underground tunnels, but I have a map."

He moves back to the pack, and withdraws a large scroll.

"This should lead you to the inner sanctum. There, you will find the veil. Any other treasures you find are yours to keep, but I want the veil."

Grimsage Matt
2013-12-25, 04:29 PM
Its a trap. No other reason fer him ter be smirkin like dat when I asked. Course, saying no will provoke a fight sooner then planed....

"Okay boss, one magic veil in an old ruin. Just going to tell Morgan I have to run solo for a few days, shouldn't take more then a week ter get it."

Techwarrior
2013-12-25, 05:33 PM
The bandit studies Gurg as he responds. Seeing the way that Gurg responds, his smile slowly fades.

"I like you Gurg: you're a good warrior, great bandit. Be careful. I'm not asking you to do this lightly; it will be quite dangerous. I wouldn't advise going alone, but don't take anyone faint of heart with you. This place isn't the most safe of ruins."

Techwarrior
2014-01-01, 10:17 PM
Bump. You still there?

Grimsage Matt
2014-01-01, 10:33 PM
Gurg nods his shaggy head.

"Yah, but I'm the easist ter heal up. I'll be back in a bit."

OOC; I'm still here, but the ipod is tempermental, and the libraries have been having holiday hours.

Techwarrior
2014-01-02, 01:22 AM
"Well, on your own head be it."

The bandit king hands you the scroll.

"Let me know if you find yourself in need of anything."

OOC:
What do you plan on doing In Game?

I can understand that your posting will be sketchy. Good luck getting everything settled. I'm not afraid of a slower posting game. :smallsmile:

Grimsage Matt
2014-01-08, 11:28 AM
Gurg nods his head.

"Nah, should be good. Back in a bit boss."

With that, Gurg leaves the tent, and makes his way back to his camp, where he will leave the gold, and place Morgan in charge while he's away. And to take the customary reading of course.

OOC; The Omen abillity and Agury.

Techwarrior
2014-01-14, 12:43 AM
"Good luck."

OOC:
What, exactly, are you trying to get an Omen and Augury on? Include the necessary rolls for the divinations.

Grimsage Matt
2014-01-16, 06:55 PM
OOC;
Morgan can use Omen of Peril at will, a "how dangerous is the next hour going to be" sort of deal. The chance of accuracy is 77% (Oracle Domain gives +2 CL for divinations). Basiclly, I just want to know "how bad is it going to be?"

Techwarrior
2014-01-16, 07:21 PM
Morgan can't see anything immediately dangerous for herself and the group, but she reminds you that she can still only see a very short while into the future.

As regards to your trip, she sees both danger and great riches should you succeed.

OOC:
Both abilities only see about an hour into the future.

Grimsage Matt
2014-01-23, 05:17 PM
Giving Morgan a quick kiss, Gurg hoists his greatsword and moves towards the ruins. Morgan knows how to run/terrorize the camp while he's gone, and to keep taking omens every hour to make sure there is no ambush.

With a surpisingly soft tread, he vanishes into the morning fog.

OOC;

Going to head to the ruins, and going to be taking 10 on listen and spot checks the whole time, as well as paying attention to what the nose says.

While the losten and spot would only be 10, but the Scent abillty should provide a 15/30/60ft zone to smell if anything is sneaking up on me.

Techwarrior
2014-02-06, 03:06 AM
Chapter 1, The Dark Ruins

The ruin your bandit king has directed you to should be no more than a day's walk for Gurg's long stride.

Gurg has been following a deer trail to the area he expects the ruins to be, when he sees smoke off in the distance. It smells like burning swamp muck. Some poor fool is trying to burn that filth...

Grimsage Matt
2014-02-06, 07:22 PM
Well, someone burning something in the swamp? Might as well check it out. Could be more food, or maybe a runaway noble. Probobly one of the few stupid enough to try and burn the muck...

Survival; [roll0]
Listen; [roll1]
Spot; [roll2]
Move Silently; [roll3]
Hide; [roll4]

Techwarrior
2014-02-12, 11:42 PM
As Gurg crests the hill, stomping his way through the muck unable to find any real way to hide his large form, he starts to see an absolutely raging inferno in the distance. Not only that, but he manages to see some trees moving, almost as if they were walking about. He also sees a human about 120 feet away with a strange, curving sword in one hand and a shield in the other backing away quite cautiously from the flames.

That fire is spreading fast.