PDA

View Full Version : X-Box finally dying?

Pepper
2007-01-18, 01:58 PM
Looking at the new release lists lately, it seems that the xbox is fizzling out, while the PS2 still has new titles galore.

Are there any hot new xbox releases your waiting for? or have you given up and decided that next gen is the only way to go?

Personally i just picked up another ps2 to take advantage of the recent price drops, but the xbox is still my console of choice. I just hope the developers dont forget about us folks who spend a large amount of disposable income on the systems we already own.

WampaX
2007-01-18, 04:09 PM
With the 360 being out for a little over a year now . . . yeah, its gonna start drying up for X-box games real quick. You'll probably have less than a year left on its shelf life before it is relegated to the realm of "classic gaming."

RoboticSheeple
2007-01-18, 04:49 PM
umm, Xbox has been dead for awhile now. Obviously it didn't die immediately when 360 came out, but the blackbox wasn't at any stores I went to this past Christmas season, and I'm pretty sure it's not from selling out such a "hot item".

neriana
2007-01-18, 11:41 PM
There are no new XBox releases coming up according to EBGames' computer. I don't think they're bothering any more.

Beleriphon
2007-01-19, 12:03 AM
Nobody should find this particularly surprising given that Microsoft only stated they would keep up XBox support for a very short period of time after the 360 release. Add to that the 360 will now play 95% of all XBox games and you shouldn't really have too much of a problem if you want a 360 and are concerned about not being able to play those old favourites.

Sophia
2007-01-31, 01:47 PM
I haven't bought any new releases for my Xbox in months. When it comes to next-gen, I'm definitely going with the 360. For the time being, I'm also taking advantage of the price drop for the PS2. I can finally get all the PS-exclusive games I've always wanted!