PDA

View Full Version : Earth thematic spells

Lvl45DM!
2013-12-24, 04:32 AM
Hey guys just looking to be pointed in the direction of some earth magic for clerics. Already have Races of Stone and OA, are there any other decent splatbooks that have Earth as a noticeably large part?

Know(Nothing)
2013-12-24, 04:40 AM
Can't think of a specific book right now, but a specific spell I really like is Local Tremor from Races of the Dragon.

molten_dragon
2013-12-24, 04:56 AM
Hey guys just looking to be pointed in the direction of some earth magic for clerics. Already have Races of Stone and OA, are there any other decent splatbooks that have Earth as a noticeably large part?

If sand counts as earth for your purposes, Sandstorm will have some useful spells.

BloodyMartian
2013-12-24, 05:11 AM
I think Wu Jen did elemental type magic. You might look at their spell list in Complete Arcane as well.

Lvl45DM!
2013-12-24, 05:16 AM
If sand counts as earth for your purposes, Sandstorm will have some useful spells.

Sound could totally count. Cheers!

BWR
2013-12-24, 07:24 AM
Check out "Magic of Rokugan". Lots of Earth based spells there. "Way of the Shugenja" also has a few, as does the d20 Rokugan setting book. If you really want to go out of the way for a few new ones, certain others of the dual-stat L5R books have some, like Secrets of the Crab, SotDragon, SotScorpion, and SotPhoenix.
They are 3.0 and obviously made for the L5R setting, but a little reflavoring and minor updates should do the trick.

Uhtred
2013-12-24, 07:34 AM
Earth Reaver, in Spell Compendium, is one of my favorite damage spells. Reminds me a lot of Volcano in Diablo II.
I have a Dwarf Cleric in my party that continually threatens to use Earthquake. We don't ever let him.