PDA

View Full Version : New Friends (Dungeon 3A)

Philemonite
2013-12-24, 05:22 AM
Stepping through the Velvet Door you enter darkness of the Velvet World. For those who are here for the first time the darkness comes as a surprise. Even though they were warned about it, words can not do it justice. Those who have already been through the door realize that they are no longer affected by the darkness as much as they were before. Somehow, they have manged to get used to it, at least partially. Without waiting for a reaction, Jessica pulls out her velvet card. She checks out her surroundings first, and once she is sure there are no Shadows nearby she looks at the markings on the door.
"This is Commander Jessica. Transfer successful, no hostiles in sight. Proceeding to the rendezvous point."
"Understood. Stay alerts, there is hostile activity in your area, but I am unable to pinpoint the exact location."
"Understood. I will contact you if I need anything."
"Good luck."
She turns of her communicator, Alexander has his hands full anyway, and turns towards the group.
"So, how do you guys like this place?" she asks with a smile.
"We will be following that row of pillars, they will conveniently lead us to our destination. Once you are over the initial shock, we can get moving."

Mono Vertigo
2013-12-24, 05:44 AM
The darkness is so deep, permeating everything... yet Lenora can see through it. And these pillars, unlike the architecture of anything she'd seen before.
The girl with her glasses spent a good moment just watching the environment, beautiful in its oddity.
"Wow. It's... wow."
The Velvet World isn't supposed to be a nice place, though. The lack of external sources of light reminds her of that. There could be things hiding not very far.
"... I mean, I'm ready to go, yes."

Chase_D
2013-12-27, 02:28 AM
As Will eyes adjusted to the darkness, he managed to make out his surroundings a lot quicker than before. Will quickly follows suit and pulls out his velvet card from his right pocket. It glowed enough to make things seem clearer, but much like last time seemed to not be bright enough to show him a view of what lied ahead. Jessica question to everyone seemed to just bounce off Will, "Huh, oh. It's better than last time, I'll say that for sure." he quickly says, giving a quick look around before Jessica gives the instructions to follow the pillars. "Right, understood."

Will turns to Lenora, noticing the awe inspired look on her face. Probably the same look he had when he first entered as well. He kneels, and rubs his hand on the ground again. A cold stone like texture could be felt. Same as before. He quickly stands up. "Lenora, you enjoying the view, or at least what little you can make out?" he says, smiling. "Try your velvet card, see if it works well enough to light up a bit more in here." A good reminder from our last exploration. More light meant more vision, for them and whatever might exist beyond the darkness.

oblivion6
2013-12-29, 01:01 AM
Brianna entered the Door behind the others. Odd. She thought, noticing it wasn't nearly as dark as she expected. Says I've been in here way too many times, that's for sure.

"More pillars?" She asked of no one in particular. "What was so important about the ones we found last time anyways?"

Mono Vertigo
2013-12-30, 04:17 AM
The teen pulled out her card. To her surprise, it started emitting light, revealing a few more pillars.
Lenora smiled with innocent glee.

AnimeKid
2013-12-30, 02:01 PM
Damian comes out of the door looking around and taking in his immediate surroundings. Reaching a hand up to his neck he pops it as he says, "Not sure I'll ever get fully used to going through the door. Still life goes on and all of that. If you don't mind me asking Commander Jessica, whats so special about our destination?" As he ask his superior his question Damian also took out his velvet card for extra light.

Mistre
2013-12-31, 01:03 AM
Sho looks around considerably awed. There was no other word to describe what he was feeling, he thought to himself, that place wasn't as eldritch as it could be, but it still maintained no illusions that he, and his comrades, didn't belong there. For a few moments, he makes no sound.

"Well... I can't say I'm not surprised."

His eyes now focused on the pillars, as he got his velvet card out of his pocket and used its glow to aid his companions.

"But why pillars? I mean- Who made them? What purpose do they have? Why here?"

He pauses for a while, considering the situation. He lets a small sigh escape.

"Well, I suppose this is no time or place to make these questions. I'm ready to move onwards, Commander!"

oblivion6
2013-12-31, 03:10 AM
Brianna turned to Damian. "Yep," She said. "life goes on... until it doesn't and someone gets killed." there was the faintest hint of a smile that suggested she was probably joking. "i might die if I don't get some sleep. You people go on ahead and I'll take a nap?"

Philemonite
2014-01-03, 05:09 AM
"More pillars?" She asked of no one in particular. "What was so important about the ones we found last time anyways?"

"Most of this pillars glow, and they can be used to determine if there are hostiles in our surroundings. Some pillars react to our velvet cards, that's why they have the same glow. If you bring your card close to one of them you will notice that one of the symbols starts to shine brighter. Other pillars react to shadows or mirror-selves. Some of them don't react at all, as far as we know."

Damian comes out of the door looking around and taking in his immediate surroundings. Reaching a hand up to his neck he pops it as he says, "Not sure I'll ever get fully used to going through the door. Still life goes on and all of that. If you don't mind me asking Commander Jessica, whats so special about our destination?" As he ask his superior his question Damian also took out his velvet card for extra light.

"It's just another boring spot in the endless darkness, it has no significance. It is, however, a meeting place. There are some friends of our that will be waiting for us. And we don't wanna be late."

"But why pillars? I mean- Who made them? What purpose do they have? Why here?"

"We have some theories, but proof either way. I can tell you one thing, this pillars were here long before us, and they will remain long after we are gone. It doesn't really matter how they got here, they are useful, and that's the most important thing."

"i might die if I don't get some sleep. You people go on ahead and I'll take a nap?"

"Ever watched a horror movie? You don't want to be the girl that goes to the basement alone when there is a blackout. Never split up unless necessary, and even then always pair up. You don't wanna be alone surrounded by Shadows. Trust me, I speak from experience."

Chase_D
2014-01-05, 11:02 PM
With the additional cards lighting up the darkness, Will gives a small look of relief as he examined the surrounding area. "Alright, looks clear so far..." he says, hoping that he didn't just jinx everyone. "Alright, we should probably move before we get...unwanted guests." Will says, holding his hand out as if to say 'After you' to Jessica.

oblivion6
2014-01-07, 12:56 AM
Brianna smiled lightly to herself at Will 's comment about 'unwanted guest's. "Actually... I kinda wanna see how many we attract just standing here. You know, kinda like an 'Arena' type mode in a video game - test your mettle against waves of increasingly difficult foes." It was obvious that this sense of bravado and lightheadedness was an act. She was trying a different approach this time - rather than let this place depress her and ruin her whole day like usual, she was going to try and remain lighthearted and beat the places knack for getting in her head.

Mono Vertigo
2014-01-07, 06:07 AM
The light had changed Lorena's glasses into two opaque, bright circles. No one could see her blinking confusedly, but her voice left no doubt as to her shock: "Wait. What? Attract them? Waves? But, how many are there? You're joking, right?"
She started walking away, not fast enough to leave the rest of the group though. "No, seriously, let's not stay here."

AnimeKid
2014-01-08, 11:47 AM
Damian looks over at Lenora as he says, "Don't worry that was just a jest. Brianna knows how tough these things are. Besides if you worry too much you'll end up jumping at shadows...The pun wasn't intended. Anyway lets get going. The sooner we get there the better. I hate having to squint my eyes in this place." Damian would start walking with the group, staying close to the front to act as a wall should any trouble arise.

oblivion6
2014-01-09, 05:24 PM
Brianna grinned wickedly to herself. God, I'm cruel when I'm in a good mood. She suspected that was from her time with Sophia. She had been a no holds barred type of girl when it came to making herself laugh; a perpetually mirthfull personality who was never serious about anything.. It brought to mind that song by the Barenaked Ladies. She wouldn't hesitate to laugh at a funeral just to laugh at people's reaction to her.

She sighed inwardly, once again wishing that her friend was still alive.

"Was it a jest?" She asked quickly to forestall any more depressing thoughts. She started walking next to Damian. "You can't tell me you've never wondered how long we could hold out against a whole dimension of these shadows."

Philemonite
2014-01-11, 04:27 AM
The light had changed Lorena's glasses into two opaque, bright circles. No one could see her blinking confusedly, but her voice left no doubt as to her shock: "Wait. What? Attract them? Waves? But, how many are there? You're joking, right?"
She started walking away, not fast enough to leave the rest of the group though. "No, seriously, let's not stay here."

"As far as we know there is almost endless supply of Shadows. We do manage to clear some areas, but they keep coming back. And don't worry, that's why I'm here. You are not ready for this area of the Velvet World, at least not alone. Stay close to me, you don't wanna get lost here."

The path continues straight for some time, but then it starts to make sharp turns. You are surprised that Jessica stops occasionally to check the pillars. The pillars she chooses look random, but there is probably some system she is following. You are unsure how much time has passed, it seams like an eternity in here, because time doesn't flow the same. Suddenly, you notice a strange expression on Jessica's face.
"Green? I haven't seen that in a while."
When you check the pillar in front of her you notice that part of it has a faint green glow.

Mono Vertigo
2014-01-11, 06:16 AM
Lenora obeys to the voice of common sense and comes back near the others, looking behind her all the while to make sure she's not attracted a Shadow.
When they get to the pillar, she finds nothing extraordinary about the pillar. Well, nothing more than the other pillars. "Is it a bad thing?"

Chase_D
2014-01-14, 05:58 AM
Will followed behind the two ladies, sticking with Damian. He hadn't said anything at the time, but he was glad to be moving. He certainly didn't want to fight wave after wave of indescribable creatures, but then again, the door was right there, so it's not like they would be in any true danger...right?

When the group stops suddenly, Will snaps back to reality. Something to do with the color of the pillar. Immediately he thinks back to his last time here. The pillar had glowed as well...but something was off, he didn't feel the watchful eyes droning into the back of his head. He knew that the pillar however was raising a red flag in his mind.

"Hmmm. I wonder..." he says, loud enough for everyone else to hear but quiet enough to still be considered an honest guess.

Philemonite
2014-01-14, 07:14 AM
"Is it a bad thing?"

"Not necessarily. It does mean someone with a green card is close, but I don't know who. You should be careful, just in case."

AnimeKid
2014-01-16, 10:49 AM
Damian just gives a slight competitive smile to Brianna before he looks serious again at Jessica's words. He nods to her as he says, "Right, I'll make sure to keep an eye out."

oblivion6
2014-01-18, 01:41 AM
"Oh boy, more people," Brianna said to no one in particular. She sighed. "Maybe this guy won't be as annoying as Benjamin. 10 bucks he shows up after everything's said and done. 'Sitting on my ass laughing at you is hard work, I need to recharge.'" She rolled her eyes.

Philemonite
2014-01-27, 07:58 AM
"Yes Alexander, I understand the severity of the situation, but we are in the middle of a mission. No, you do not outrank me, and unless I hear it from my father I will not retreat."

As she turns towards the team you can see the anger in her eyes.

"As of this moment we are in Orange zone. What that means is you are going back to the central. I need to finish the mission."

Mono Vertigo
2014-01-27, 11:18 AM
" 'You' ? You're not coming back with us?" Lenora is most of all boggled that Jessica implies she's strong enough to keep going alone while the others had to go as a team, but she doesn't have the courage to raise that objection out loud.

oblivion6
2014-01-27, 10:27 PM
"So we got drug out here so early in the morning just to be sent back home without an explanation? Not only that but you choose to go on alone, the very thing you have warned us about?" Brianna objected. She had no problem going back of course - maybe she'd be able to get some more sleep - but Jessica was being a bit of a hypocrite and she had to say something.

Chase_D
2014-01-28, 05:23 AM
Will gives a looks of suprise, but quickly switches back to his normal look. "Alright, we'll head back...are you sur-...actually never mind, I trust your decision." he says, not wanting to argue with Jessica who clearly ment business. Besides, it seemed like it wasn't her choice in the end, it looked like she showed much reluctance when she gave the order.

Will did a quick turn and tried to find the doorway, thankfully he spots it, however it's a fair distance away. Long enough to allow for something to come out? Perhaps not if they make a run for it, but who knows. He waits for the rest of the group before even attempting to make his way back.

Philemonite
2014-02-05, 05:28 AM
" 'You' ? You're not coming back with us?"

"I don't have any other choice. The information I have is vital for my friends plans, have to deliver them. Don't worry, you just need to follow the path to the door. The path is clear, but I suggest you don't waste any time. I will be back soon. Take the others back, you are in command until you reach the other side."

"So we got drug out here so early in the morning just to be sent back home without an explanation? Not only that but you choose to go on alone, the very thing you have warned us about?"

"You think that the same rules apply to me? That is so cute. As for your explanation, you get a lot more information then you asked for, as soon as I get back. Unfortunately, I don't have the time right now."

She doesn't wait for any answer, she pulls out her card and runs into the darkness.