PDA

View Full Version : Void/Vizier Card for the Warforged.

mjnousak
2013-12-24, 06:22 AM
I wonder what would happen if a Warforged drew the "Void" card from a Deck of Many Things.
The in book texts doesn't specifically SAY they have souls, or that they don't. So what would this card do to them? Or would it just depend on whether or not your DM thinks Warforged have souls or not?
And if they don't have souls, what would be an equivalent result?
While I doubt my DM will give us anything resembling a Deck of Many Things, it's an interesting question.
Likewise if they get the "Vizier" and ask "Do I have a soul?", what do you think The outcome would be? or is it just DM's opinion?
We know they produce life energy (somehow) because two of their feats mention it (Overload Metabolism, and Shocking Fist).

Psyren
2013-12-24, 09:21 AM
While it's controversial in Eberron whether they have souls or not, the fact that they can be raised/resurrected suggests they do. Basically whether they have souls, and what the source of those souls might be, is one of the setting mysteries/plot hooks left open for each DM to decide/use.

I suggest you have the card affect them like it does everyone else for balance reasons - however a lesser effect is reasonable too. Their very natures do make it a lighter sentence already - as they don't have to eat/drink and won't soil themselves, caring for a Voided 'forge is going to be much easier/more pleasant on the party than doing the same for a more fleshy member.

I imagine a Voided Warforge would return to very basic programming. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4JBFPFDEUo) In fact, a nice plot hook at the start of an adventure could be for the party to come across one, slowly rusting in a field tin-man-style, with a suspicious deck of cards neatly placed in front of it...

mjnousak
2013-12-24, 11:05 PM
I suggest you have the card affect them like it does everyone else for balance reasons - however a lesser effect is reasonable too. Their very natures do make it a lighter sentence already - as they don't have to eat/drink and won't soil themselves, caring for a Voided 'forge is going to be much easier/more pleasant on the party than doing the same for a more fleshy member.

I imagine a Voided Warforge would return to very basic programming. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4JBFPFDEUo) In fact, a nice plot hook at the start of an adventure could be for the party to come across one, slowly rusting in a field tin-man-style, with a suspicious deck of cards neatly placed in front of it...

Oh, for added Lore based fun, have the warforged be Bulwark, (might explain why scrying and all that hasn't worked on finding him.) and the king has just now found his body and wants some intrepid adventurers to go save his soul/essence.

When this was first thought up, I couldn't help but laugh at the idea of a warforged drawing the Void and staring at it blankly before turning to the rest of the party/ the person who gave it to him and asking "So was this supposed to do something?".

Thank you for your reply.

Angelalex242
2013-12-25, 04:59 AM
Other party member:Oh, what card is...*Byebye, soul...*