PDA

View Full Version : God/Dead God for Eldritch Disciple?

Jagernaut
2013-12-24, 11:36 AM
So I'm about to start playing in an evil campaign next week. I was planing on playing a warlcok/ur-priest eldritch disciple. Does anyone have any ideas for a good (or rather evil) god to worship? For flavor I was also considering worshiping a dead god, but I can't seem to find much information on what's out there.

Haven't had a chance to talk to my DM much, so I'm not sure exactly what he'll allow, but I do know he'll automatically allow any deity, dead or alive, found in 3.5 books. One other thought I had was "worshiping" an elder evil or Asmodeus.

Thanks in advanced! This is my first time posting but I love this forum.

Blackhawk748
2013-12-24, 11:45 AM
Well as for a "dead god" you could worship Tenebrous, who is what Orcus turned into when he ascended, then he threw a hissy fit because he wasnt a bloated Satyr Demon and became a demon prince again after a botched attempt to become "God Orcus" Tenbrous is now a Vestige, you can find more info on him in Tome of Magic, as well as a spiffy PrC

Psyren
2013-12-24, 01:08 PM
Faerun has several of these, e.g. Amaunator, Moander, Bhaal, Leira, Tyche etc.

Jagernaut
2013-12-24, 01:15 PM
Of course, how could I forget Tenebrous. Especially since I'll be dipping Binder.

I don't know much about Faerun, so it's off to do some research. Thanks a bunch, I had no idea where to start.

Blackhawk748
2013-12-24, 01:18 PM
If your gonna dip Binder you can up Ur Priest casting and Binding with Tenebrous Apostate, i think you can get the Pre Reqs without to much difficulty

Honjuden
2013-12-24, 03:27 PM
I had a character with a very similar build that was worshiping Acererak during a Tomb of Horrors campaign.

kreenlover
2013-12-24, 03:29 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a rule that Ur-Priests NOT worship anything?

nolongerchaos
2013-12-24, 04:02 PM
I've always felt the Elder Evil Sertrous seemed like a prime candidate for worship from a Warlock/UrPriest/EldritchDisciple; his fluff is well suited to being worshipped by someone who steals magic from the gods. And bonus Vile feats are always a nifty bonus to worshipping him.

Twilightwyrm
2013-12-24, 04:07 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a rule that Ur-Priests NOT worship anything?

The class makes a specific exception for priests of dead gods, as they are ostensibly trying to revive their patron, and don't mind stealing the power of other gods to do so.

Amphetryon
2013-12-24, 04:20 PM
Faerun has several of these, e.g. Amaunator, Moander, Bhaal, Leira, Tyche etc.

Not to mention Mystra, Mystra, and Mystra. :smallwink:

Kuulvheysoon
2013-12-24, 05:39 PM
Not to mention Mystra, Mystra, and Mystra. :smallwink:

Hey, the first was Mystryl, then Mystra and Midnight (also Mystra),don'tha know?:smalltongue:

SiuiS
2013-12-24, 05:43 PM
So I'm about to start playing in an evil campaign next week. I was planing on playing a warlcok/ur-priest eldritch disciple. Does anyone have any ideas for a good (or rather evil) god to worship? For flavor I was also considering worshiping a dead god, but I can't seem to find much information on what's out there.

Haven't had a chance to talk to my DM much, so I'm not sure exactly what he'll allow, but I do know he'll automatically allow any deity, dead or alive, found in 3.5 books. One other thought I had was "worshiping" an elder evil or Asmodeus.

Thanks in advanced! This is my first time posting but I love this forum.

Waitaminnit, doesn't—

The class makes a specific exception for priests of dead gods, as they are ostensibly trying to revive their patron, and don't mind stealing the power of other gods to do so.

Oh. Huh.