PDA

View Full Version : Might be a little strange

Hiro
2013-12-24, 03:40 PM
How would be the best way to include some stuff out of the BoVD, namely the taboo fetishes. Using them in concert with the BBEG ( a female one, an Alu-demon) but without upsetting the players too much but have them disturbed and possibly sickened?

Ralcos
2013-12-24, 03:48 PM
I would "Tease" the behavior, making subtle references to them accordingly.

For the tatoo fetish, for example, every inch of her body could be covered in obscure and (frankly) surreal patterns of ink.

I dont know what's in the BoVD, but I'd say that's a start.

Blackhawk748
2013-12-24, 04:09 PM
I had a Cleric of Nerull once who wore those nipple clamps of exquisite pain freaked the party out when she seemed to enjoy getting hit by Melfs Acid Arrow, i had a good laugh

Zombulian
2013-12-24, 04:26 PM
I would "Tease" the behavior, making subtle references to them accordingly.

For the tatoo fetish, for example, every inch of her body could be covered in obscure and (frankly) surreal patterns of ink.

I dont know what's in the BoVD, but I'd say that's a start.

Now I'm not sure if there is a tattoo fetish in that book, but I'd like to point out that OP said "taboo." So I would think things like bestiality or outsider to humanoid interbreeding.

Hiro
2013-12-24, 05:54 PM
Precisely. Something right out of it. Namely the bestiality one or one like a fetish for tentacles or something. (maybe has special slime monsters that don't do acid damage but instead exist to spread demon-seed around?)

My players are playing really straight-laced chars (they li8ke paladins, clerics, etc) and are my good friends that donm't mind weirdness. I mean to freak them out IC but for a while: helpless to stop it

Slipperychicken
2013-12-24, 08:01 PM
I'd personally be fine with that sort of thing, as long as the GM wasn't being super weird about it. This is a demon, after all. Fiends will bang basically anything that holds still long enough.

Maybe they hear rumors about the bizarre noises coming from the demon's torture chamber ("it almost sounded like she was the one gittin whipped!"), and strange items being delivered to her lair?

Or they find evidence of these strange fetishes while arriving in her lair, or even interrupt her while she's about to indulge one of these. Like if she rushes out of her torture chamber still wearing a manacle.

Hiro
2013-12-24, 09:15 PM
Btw for you guys' info: an Alu-demon is a HALF-Fiend, a variation for those that're born of Succubi.