PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Is there a compiled, tiered list of Wizard/Sorcerer spells?

HaikenEdge
2013-12-24, 05:26 PM
Out of curiosity, is there a tiered list of all existing 3.5 Wizard/Sorc spells? I know Logic Ninja's Wizard guide has a list of useful spells, but those only really cover Core, PHB2 and the Spell Compendium, and only the spells deemed to be useful, thus skipping over all the other spells.

Pluto!
2013-12-24, 05:51 PM
Google captnq's "The Spell Book."

If you want something less reaching and easier to read, Treantmonk's wizard handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=394) points out some of the highlights.

EDIT: Revisiting TML20's guide, it's covering pretty much the same material as TLN's, plus Complete Mage. In that case, I don't know anything so easily readable that covers the later splatbooks.

Slipperychicken
2013-12-24, 05:51 PM
Dndtools is trying to do lists of basically everything. They're still missing stuff though.

SinsI
2013-12-24, 05:57 PM
To create that, one would need to first come up with a criteria to separate them, and that can largely depend on optimization for your character and circumstances of their use.

I.e. Holy Word (it is a cleric spell but too good an example) as is is pretty weak - opponents of your own CR are barely affected - but boost your caster level by 5 or 6 and it can one-shot encounters.