PDA

View Full Version : How playable you think this build is?

morkendi
2013-12-24, 10:07 PM
Going to my brother-in-laws house for gaming tomorrow. Was told level 12 with no la and he said medium optimization (as in nothing drastic) and he rolled abilities on phone . This is what i have come up with.

Human conjurer 5/ Malconvoker 5/ Initiate of the seven fold 2

Stats str 8, dex 14, con 14, int 20, wis 8, cha 19 after rolls and lvls

1) conj
Give up familiar for rapid summoning from UA. Kept scribe scroll cause i use it all the time. Feats are collegiate Wizard, Spell focus conj. Flaws are frail and feeble to pick up augment summoning and spell focus abjuration. Dropped spell schools are evocation and enchantment.

2) conj

3) conj
Feat twin spell

4) conj

5) conj
wiz bonus is skill focus spell craft

6) Malconvoker
Deceptive summons and unrestricted summons.
Feat is Meta-magic school conjeration

7) Malconvoker
Planer Binding

8) Malconvoker
Skill focus bluff

9) Malconvoker
Deceptive summons
Feat Greater spell focus abjuration

10) Malconvoker
Fiendish legion

11) Initiate of the seven fold
Warding 1/day, unimpeachable abjuration, red vale

12) Initiate of the seven fold
Unanswerable strike +2
Feat practical meta-magic twin spell

Focus is on summons and battlefield control. Twin spell only cost 2 instead of 4. Should be able to get tons of creature out fast with some fodder as well as some big hitters. Fiendish legion summons twinned?

What do you guys think?

Crake
2013-12-24, 10:21 PM
I'd probably drop rapid summoning for abrupt jaunt from PHB2, much nicer trade, and rapid summoning reduces the value of your summons by making their first round a standard action only. If you really wanna get summons out as a standard action, the rapid spell metamagic is a better option if you have a way to offset the metamagic spell increase. Also, I'd probably suggest trading scribe scroll for improved initiative via the fighter bonus feat trade-off in UA.

Personally, I'd also trade out the 5th level bonus feat for spontaneous divination, but that's a personal preference.

Rebel7284
2013-12-24, 10:32 PM
At 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th level, a wizard gains a bonus feat. At each such opportunity, she can choose a metamagic feat, an item creation feat, or Spell Mastery. The wizard must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including caster level minimums.

You may want to swap your 3rd and 5th level feats so the build is legal. Otherwise, seems good for medium optimization.

edit: how are you qualifying for practical metamagic? You don't have the dragonblood subtype, and even if you switch to silverbrow human, you are still not a spontaneous caster... (arguably spontaneous divination would change that, but that costs a feat)

morkendi
2013-12-24, 10:48 PM
You may want to swap your 3rd and 5th level feats so the build is legal. Otherwise, seems good for medium optimization.

edit: how are you qualifying for practical metamagic? You don't have the dragonblood subtype, and even if you switch to silverbrow human, you are still not a spontaneous caster... (arguably spontaneous divination would change that, but that costs a feat)

Change to easy metamagic from dragon... think it is 325

I didn't trade scribe scroll because I do all my utility spells and such on them. All the heart of x, mage armor, rope trick, etc. Plus carry a little backup on offensive and such. The increase in the number of spells a day is worth it to me. The jaunt is nice, but I want to get my summones started as fast as possible I think for defense.