PDA

View Full Version : Fallout RPG

Invader
2013-12-24, 10:29 PM
Does anyone know of a fallout RPG? I know there was one but then it had to be released as Exodus but I'm wondering if that's the best version or if there's something out there that would work better, or if they ever came out with a licensed version?

Darrin
2013-12-24, 10:42 PM
Does anyone know of a fallout RPG? I know there was one but then it had to be released as Exodus but I'm wondering if that's the best version or if there's something out there that would work better, or if they ever came out with a licensed version?

This is probably no help to you, but the original Fallout game was based on GURPS, and was supposed to be a joint project between Interplay and Steve Jackson Games. But some contract disputes soured the relationship between the companies, and the contract fell apart before the game was finished. I'm not sure how much GURPS was left in the final game, but probably more than a little.

Invader
2013-12-24, 10:54 PM
Yeah Exodus was the result of their efforts I just wasn't sure if that was better or if I should try adapting GURPS to what was left over.

Brookshw
2013-12-24, 11:54 PM
Honestly Exodus was pretty well done and I recommend it. There is a free fallout pnp that's a lot more rules cumbersome and I don't recommend. Shame Exodus got caught in the Interplay v. Bethesda battle and had to refluff everything. Could have used a better bestiary but you can crib a lot from the various mms and whatever the modern adversaries book was called (i completely for get, ultimate adversaries?)

Edit: but since you're familiar with exodus I'll leave this (http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=63) here for you.

Hurnn
2013-12-25, 02:15 AM
tactics came with one, and you can find the torent.

CIDE
2013-12-25, 02:40 AM
The fallout pnp was scrapped and redone due to legal troubles. I think the name was changed to something like...wasteland PnP or Apocalypse PnP. Never really looked through the rules.

That said D20 Modern/Future does allow you to emulate Fallout. GURPS may be the better option though.

hymer
2013-12-25, 08:09 AM
For what it's worth, I use Cyberpunk 2020 (minus roles, and with a simplified skill system to match Fallout 1 and 2) for my fallout campaigns, and it works nicely.

Tetsubo 57
2013-12-25, 08:11 AM
I would actually go with The Mutant Epoch. It is a solid PA system with huge options and fully supported.

Invader
2013-12-25, 04:59 PM
I can't seem to find hard copies of Exodus online anywhere, not even amazon. RPG drive-through has the pdf's relatively cheap though, the 3 core books for $22.

DarkEternal
2013-12-25, 05:05 PM
Iron Kingdoms works fairly well for such a setting with a mix of fantasy, I'd think.

Brookshw
2013-12-25, 05:55 PM
I can't seem to find hard copies of Exodus online anywhere, not even amazon. RPG drive-through has the pdf's relatively cheap though, the 3 core books for $22.

That's a shame, looks like Glutton Creeper Games went under. Guess I'm not surprised, the hardcopies were on sale for $5 when I bought mine. John Wyatt's linkedin profile certainly isn't looking promising. Looks like you can buy the core book as a pdf for $10, not horrible.

Invader
2013-12-25, 09:24 PM
That's a shame, looks like Glutton Creeper Games went under.I'd prefer the actual uess I'm not surprised, the hardcopies were on sale for $5 when I bought mine. John Wyatt's linkedin profile certainly isn't looking promising. Looks like you can buy the core book as a pdf for $10, not horrible.

Yeah I'll have to keep an eye out for a hardcopy somewhere. I don't mind PDF's but I'd prefer an actual book when I'm learning a new system.

grarrrg
2013-12-26, 12:18 AM
tactics came with one, and you can find the torent.

Fallout Tactics came with a pnp "squad-based tactics" game. "Fallout Warfare", it was pretty much entirely focused on combat between units.
General linky (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Pen_and_Paper)
Slightly more specific linky (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_Warfare)