PDA

View Full Version : Sandal’s of tiger leap

j_spencer93
2013-12-25, 03:08 AM
Sandal’s of tiger leap: these sandals allow the wearer to make devastating flying kicks. The wearer must have 5 ranks of jump or tumble to use them. On a charge, she can perform a flying kick. Treat this as an unarmed attack that deals double normal damage.

does this mean bonus damage as if an unarmed strike x2, or does it mean your unarmed strike does x2 OR does it mean you get an additional unarmed strike x2 dmg

TuggyNE
2013-12-25, 03:24 AM
I think it means your single attack at the end of a charge is replaced by one that does double damage, subject to normal multiplying rules.

j_spencer93
2013-12-25, 03:32 AM
so would it and flying kick raise the attack to x3 or do they not stack?

Kelb_Panthera
2013-12-25, 03:40 AM
so would it and flying kick raise the attack to x3 or do they not stack?

Flying kick was updated in CW. It only gets an additional d12 of damage now instead of multiplying the damage.

If your DM is okay with the OA version then it would be a X3 under the normal multiplier rules.

j_spencer93
2013-12-25, 03:44 AM
lol god i must be tired. I can not believe i put that on here, i am using 3.5 flying kick i was looking at it at the time of the post. There was something else i saw that doubled charge damage though

j_spencer93
2013-12-25, 03:47 AM
ok another question kinda off topic though, since a charge is a full round action (isn't it?) it can not be used in conjunction with any other full round attack like decisive strike?
Wondering because trying to figure out damage at the current moment

Kelb_Panthera
2013-12-25, 03:48 AM
ok another question kinda off topic though, since a charge is a full round action (isn't it?) it can not be used in conjunction with any other full round attack like decisive strike?
Wondering because trying to figure out damage at the current moment

That's correct.

The charge action is a full-round action that precludes the use of any other action in the same round that is not a swift, immediate, or free action; barring certain affects that grant extra actions.

Decisive strike is also a full-round action with the same restrictions on what other actions can be taken in the same round.

j_spencer93
2013-12-25, 03:55 AM
Well this post was pointless now i forgot the other thing i was looking at that doubles charge damage,

Kelb_Panthera
2013-12-25, 03:58 AM
Well this post was pointless now i forgot the other thing i was looking at that doubles charge damage,

Perhaps a necklace of natural attacks enhanced with the valorous weapon property? It'd be a useful item for a charger build even if it wasn't what you were thinking of.

j_spencer93
2013-12-25, 04:01 AM
No it was something almost worded exactly like the sandals, idk if i find it i'll post it just to see if they stack.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-12-25, 04:14 AM
No it was something almost worded exactly like the sandals, idk if i find it i'll post it just to see if they stack.

That's gotta be the OA or S&F version of the flying kick feat. That is, after all, how it used to work.

j_spencer93
2013-12-25, 04:18 AM
I thought t was an item out of Dragon Magazine i had been looking at but maybe not idk. Anyways concerning the sandals do they max only the 4d8 for my unarmed damage or do they max the str (norm) and wis (shiba) i add to it? I do not think it would double my powerful charge damage, psionic fist damage, the force damage from rings of force armor, or flying kick damage but am not sure about my +20 damage from paragon but i would take it as not because thats not acually part of the unarmed strike right?
I am asking to get a better understand how things work honestly and to finish this character for tonight.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-12-25, 04:34 AM
It should double all damage other than sneak attack, elemental enhancements, and other such bonus damage that is not part of the weapon's normal damage. Normal weapon damage is the weapon's damage dice, plus the character's strength, plus power attack and other such direct modifiers.

Generally, any extra damage expressed as a number of dice are not multiplied while any extra damage expressed as a static number is multiplied.

j_spencer93
2013-12-25, 04:45 AM
oh so thats a decent addition then, on another note what does this actually mean;
Declare that you are using this feat before you make your attack roll (thus, a missed attack roll ruins the attempt). You deal an extra 1d6 points of damage when you make a successful unarmed attack. Each attempt counts as one of your uses of the Stunning Fist feat for the day.

does that mean during a full attack you can expend 1 use every time an unarmed strike is rolled? so if you have 3 strikes you could use it three times?

Kelb_Panthera
2013-12-25, 04:50 AM
oh so thats a decent addition then, on another note what does this actually mean;
Declare that you are using this feat before you make your attack roll (thus, a missed attack roll ruins the attempt). You deal an extra 1d6 points of damage when you make a successful unarmed attack. Each attempt counts as one of your uses of the Stunning Fist feat for the day.

does that mean during a full attack you can expend 1 use every time an unarmed strike is rolled? so if you have 3 strikes you could use it three times?

That's eagle claw strike, right? That or fists of iron, I'm pretty sure.

In any case, you declare the attempt before you roll the attack and the stunning attempt is used up whether the attack hits or not.

I'm pretty sure you can only burn one stunning attempt per round, regardless of how you use it.

j_spencer93
2013-12-25, 04:58 AM
fists of iron and thanks was curious because it didnt actually say but that was my assumption too.

another note if you have the powerful charge ability does it work with maneuvers that require a charge?
also would rake or improved grapple activate on a charge that allows a full attack?

Kelb_Panthera
2013-12-25, 05:23 AM
fists of iron and thanks was curious because it didnt actually say but that was my assumption too.

another note if you have the powerful charge ability does it work with maneuvers that require a charge?
also would rake or improved grapple activate on a charge that allows a full attack?

Improved grapple doesn't have a trigger condition. It eliminates an obstacle to engaging in grappling and gives a bonus on the attempt. You'd still have to forego a normal attack to make a grapple attempt instead.

Improved grab, on the other hand, does trigger on any successful attack with the associated weapon, almost always one of the creature's natural weapons. Charge, attack of opportunity, it doesn't matter.

Powerful charge triggers on any charge. If a maneuver requires a charge or counts as a charge, then powerful charge adds a d8 to the damage roll, assuming the charging creature is medium.

Rake attacks usually requires that the creature either be employing the pounce ability or engaged in a grapple but you'd have to reference the creature or ability that gets the rake attack for any specific instance.

j_spencer93
2013-12-25, 06:18 AM
sweet on on a charge my build would allow my pounce to activate allowing full attack on charge activating improved grab (1d8 + str mod) on a hit leading to the rend after melee double, if two hit it allows (which stats it allows my rend 2d6 + str mod x2), and my powerful charge activates (4d6 + str mod x4). totemic demonslayer does work for charge build them. I forgot i started another thread about the specific class oops.

themightylex
2014-10-21, 12:26 PM

Resurrecting this old thread to answer the OP's question. It was probably Mantis Leap feat from Sword and Fist.
"You deliver a powerful attack after making a jump.
Prerequisite: Monk level 7th+, 5 ranks in Jump
Benefit: Designate an opponent who is within the maximum distance you can reach with a successful Jump check. Make a normal Jump check; if your check is successful, you can make a normal charge attack against the opponent you designated as part of the same action. If your charge attack is successful, you inflict normal damage, plus your Strength modifier multiplied by 2."

I hate leaving a question unanswered.