PDA

View Full Version : Weapons based on stats other than STR/DEX?

JET73L
2013-12-25, 06:16 AM
This is more out of curiosity than a practical reason (it's part of a train of thought that started with 4e Warlords, of all things), but are there any physical weapons in D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder (or 3e, but I'm not really familiar with that system) that work on stats other than Strength and Dexterity? Something like Charming the Arrow, but a weapon instead of a feat? I expect most of the results (if there even are any) to be magic weapons like swords or floating orbs of bludgeoning for magic-based classes, but I'm really curious about what a Constitution or non-sorcerous Charisma-based weapon would be like.

I'm not looking for homebrew, but third-party stuff is fine, and no, this isn't a thinly-veiled attempt at making a Dashing Swordsman :p (If I use anything from this thread in an upcoming campaign, it'll probably be a CON-based weapon).

Setra
2013-12-25, 07:59 AM
I dunno how much it'll help but here's a list of ways to get one stat to effect something else.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732

Yuki Akuma
2013-12-25, 08:00 AM
No, there aren't. There are plenty of feats and class features for these sorts of shenanigans, but no weapons or magic weapon enhancements.

JET73L
2013-12-25, 08:30 AM
Setra: Not what I was looking for, but neat!

Yuki: Thanks. I'll still keep an eye out in case someone comes up with something obscure, but you seem pretty authoritative on the subject.

avr
2013-12-25, 08:48 AM
There are some spell effects which look like weapons and which use a mental stat to attack, but no actual weapons I know of. Nothing which uses CON at all, I'm pretty sure.

Drachasor
2013-12-25, 09:11 AM
A Ring of Telekinesis lets you use 9 weapons at moderate range based on intelligence or charisma. Use weapons sized for larger creatures as long as they are 25lbs or under of course. Bit expensive to setup though.

And of course some weapon-like spells.

ShurikVch
2013-12-25, 04:51 PM
Sprayer (A&EG p. 25) is NAD weapon - anyone can use it

Uncle Pine
2013-12-25, 05:48 PM
The Hammer of Earth is a +1 warhammer that lets you add your Con to damage. It's from Magic of Rokugan, page 66.

EDIT: The price is 9.000 gp.

Angelalex242
2013-12-25, 06:50 PM
From Final Fantasy...

What if Bards had a 'harp' weapon that had a hit/damage roll based on charisma?

Drachasor
2013-12-25, 07:46 PM
From Final Fantasy...

What if Bards had a 'harp' weapon that had a hit/damage roll based on charisma?

Not based on their spooniness? Hmm.

Would they have to run off and hide if they got low on hit points?

I guess how good that was would depend on the stats.

Dread_Head
2013-12-25, 07:55 PM
There's Bow of Songs(MIC?) which lets bards use their CHA for to hit and damage in return for a bardic music use.

JET73L
2013-12-27, 04:03 AM
The Bow of Songs activates as a bonus to the weapon, and it costs one Bardic Spell slot's charge each time the bonus is used.

Edit: Augh, I accidentally doubled my text, somehow, then deleted everything except the first line when I tried to fix it.

Lans
2013-12-27, 02:35 PM
Wasn't there a song blade that did the same thing for melee?

Soulknifes arrows

Drachasor
2013-12-27, 02:51 PM
The Bow of Songs activates as a bonus to the weapon, and it costs one Bardic Spell slot's charge each time the bonus is used.

Edit: Augh, I accidentally doubled my text, somehow, then deleted everything except the first line when I tried to fix it.

Well, I read it. It is true that the Ring of TK does drop weapons since you are doing Violent Thrusts. On the other hand, even misses drop down near the target, so gathering them up against for the next attack shouldn't be too hard (overall). I suppose the biggest concern is that someone might pick them up.

Jormengand
2013-12-27, 02:56 PM
If you wield the enemy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/enemy-hammer) then you can add INT or CHA to attack, but nothing to damage.