PDA

View Full Version : Removing Alignment Subtypes

Crake
2013-12-25, 09:49 AM
Ok, so I've been wondering for a while, is there a legit way to remove an alignment subtype? I know the ritual of alignment in savage species can add one, but is there any way to remove one if you a) decide you don't want it anymore or b) if one was forced upon you?

Zweisteine
2013-12-25, 12:36 PM
If it came as part of a template or race, almost certainly not, without removing the template.

If, for example, the ritual from Savage Species was forced on you, a variation of the same ritual should be able to remove it.

Stux
2013-12-25, 12:39 PM
Are you specifically talking about creatures with alignment descriptors, or spells and such with descriptors too?

And does it need removing entirely, or will changing it to something else suffice?

Crake
2013-12-25, 01:05 PM
Are you specifically talking about creatures with alignment descriptors, or spells and such with descriptors too?

And does it need removing entirely, or will changing it to something else suffice?

Creatures, and changing is fine too

Slipperychicken
2013-12-25, 01:10 PM
You could probably Wish it off.

ninjamaster1991
2013-12-25, 05:44 PM
I am 80% sure that there is a complementary ritual, whether in SS or another book, that removes subtypes. If there isn't, just ask your DM to homebrew one that costs the same, but does the opposite of the original one.