PDA

View Full Version : To buff or not to buff?

Melnir
2013-12-25, 04:18 PM
Let's say you're a mystic theurge casting 4th level on both sides (enchantment, abjuration and necromancy banned on the wizard's side), having access to any wizard spell 3rd level or lower (let's keep 4th level wizard spells out since they're mostly fogs and walls), having access to any non nature related domain and owning a rune circle that lets you re-prepare your spells in one round as if you rested 8 hours (and let's say I am the mystic theurge in this game). Your morning buff routine is pretty complicated, since you can buff yourself as you want and you can consider 10 minutes/level spells as if they were all day long (pretty cool hack and slash game with quick and deadly fights, then rest, then fight again). What would you cast? As for now my list is:
Alter self
Heart of air/water/earth
Heroism
Conviction
Resist energy
Dragonskin
Greater magic weapon
Magic vestment
Armor of darkness
Greater resistance
Greater mage armor
Benediction

Anything I'm missing? Quick potion is out, it would have been too good in this game.

Slipperychicken
2013-12-25, 07:49 PM
That is the question-
Whether 'tis more noble in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of Tucker's Kobolds
Or to take arms against a Sea of Mooks
And by casting Protection from Arrows (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/protectionFromArrows.htm), end them?

Irk
2013-12-25, 08:46 PM
bite of the werewolf, shield, voice of the dragon would be awesome 24 hours, as would flexform, greater mighty wallop, maybe blade of pain and fear, wratihstrike (just have it ready)

JBarca
2013-12-25, 10:49 PM
That is the question-
Whether 'tis more noble in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of Tucker's Kobolds
Or to take arms against a Sea of Mooks
And by casting Protection from Arrows (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/protectionFromArrows.htm), end them?

May I sig this? It is wonderful.

Also, related to the OP, Heroics is a personal favorite.

Slipperychicken
2013-12-25, 10:50 PM
May I sig this? It is wonderful.

Absolutely.

Also, Merry Christmas :smallbiggrin:

watchwood
2013-12-25, 11:16 PM
Magic Circle Against X would be handy to have on you all day.