PDA

View Full Version : I want to make a Cultist! Help Wanted (maybe?)

Ralcos
2013-12-25, 08:52 PM
I just ordered Tome of Magic, and then looked up the classes to get a basic idea of what to expect.
I think I'm in love with the Binder, getting the idea to mix Cleric levels with the Binder's awesome abilities.
I have a basic idea of how I could make this work (though I have no experience with Binders):

Starting level: 3

Cleric2 / Binder1
Feats: (Human: Improved Turning), Empower Spell, Improved Vestige
Future Feats: Knowledge Devotion (?)

Focus on high mental ability scores, while also having high Constitution.

Does anyone want to help me make this build better (at least in a low/medium optimisation game)?

JeminiZero
2013-12-25, 09:22 PM
You can reduce MAD a little by taking Dynamic Priest feat on Cleric. This lets his spell availability and bonus spells run off CHA, but NOT spell DCs. If you take this route, aim for spells that don't allow a save. Incidentally, going Cha focus lets you maximize turn attempts for DMM persist (or Naen-Hoon Illumian persist, which is like DMM, but only 2/day which should be all you need for a mid-op build).

The Anima Mage adaptation section notes that you can allow Divine instead of Arcane spellcasting. So you could take that IN ADDITION to Tenebrous Apostate. This makes it possible to make a Cleric 3 / Binder 1 / Divine Anima Mage 10 / Tenebrous Apostate 5 to get a CL 17 Cleric and EBL 15 Binder for 9th level spells / 8th level vestiges, in a relatively straightforward manner (and only 19 levels!)

Also bonus story (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16657123&postcount=2)!