PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CXXXVII



Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Rebonack
2007-01-20, 07:17 PM
Regiji suddenly awakes with a start, glancing about the tavern.

"Bah... fell asleep at the table again..." he stands and begins stretching, attempting to get all the cramps out. "I'll bet all sorts of craziness happened since I fell asleep..."

McBish
2007-01-20, 07:18 PM
Ok then. Lillah leans up against Kyrian.

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 07:19 PM
Kyrian kisses her forehead and holds her close.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 07:21 PM
Gatamu suddenly focuses intently on Regiji. "Fascinating. May I eat you?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:26 PM
They're going well enough, Aerin says. But I noticed Vera's sword starting to... flicker a bit as I was getting dressed. It made me uneasy.

It what? Iames looks at her, alarmed.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:26 PM
It started to flicker. How bad is that?

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 07:27 PM
Aesa appears in the tavern, smiling amusedly. She summons a glass of wine, and then good naturedly goes to join Aerin and Iames.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:27 PM
Iames thinks. I don't know... but I can think of a way to find out. He concentrates on his link with Rocky.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:28 PM
Hello, Aesa. You look cheerful today.

Rebonack
2007-01-20, 07:29 PM
Regiji gives this new... person... an odd look.

"Why exactly would you want to eat me? I doubt I would taste very good."

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 07:31 PM
Oh I've just been having some fun... I guess I know what Vera gets herself into now. Aesa grins at Iames and Aerin.
Rocky, interestingly enough, is shut up alone in a very small room that has a single cot, a chest, and a small mirror.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 07:33 PM
"Because I enjoy eating people. For the parts that my Aswarian form would find unpalatable, I would change into something else. Now may I eat you?" His tail swishes irritably.

McBish
2007-01-20, 07:34 PM
Lillah listens to everyone in the tavern with her eyes closed.

Meynolds
2007-01-20, 07:37 PM
A gold half-dragon walks into the bar and quickly orders a drink.

Wizard Blizzard, Fireball.

He thinks a moment.

Oh, and about a gallon of water.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:38 PM
It's fun, isn't it? Aerin grins back.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:39 PM
Iames asks Rocky to summarize what's happened since it and Vera arrived.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 07:40 PM
Alena walks downstairs and sits at the bar. She notices Lillah, Hello Lillah.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-20, 07:42 PM
Alex walks downstairs shortly after Alena. He sits at the bar besides her "Hi Ky, Lillah"

Rebonack
2007-01-20, 07:42 PM
Regiji quirks an eyebrow at the creature.

"And would I get to eat you first?"

McBish
2007-01-20, 07:42 PM
Hi Alena, Alex. How are you two?

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 07:44 PM
Oh yes, but having a the life-draining succubus in the mix made things a bit more dangerous. Not that I minded. Aesa chuckles. I don't think she managed to get Hiko either.
Apparently Verdandi came and met with Odin, a meeting Rocky for some reason cannot recall, though it knows it was there. She then reclaimed her place in valhalla and promptly dropped the psicrystal in her room, promising to come back later. She did, once, and informed the psicrystal that there was a large war that she would have to go to, so she might not be back for a day or more. Rocky has not seen her since.

Kyral
2007-01-20, 07:44 PM
Kyral raises an eyebrow at the half-dragon, but raises his glass in greeting. "G'day." He nods to Alena.

Admiral One
2007-01-20, 07:44 PM
Erdan appears behind the bar and serves the half-dragon its drinks.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 07:45 PM
We're doing wonderful, as she slips her hand into Alex's. How are you tonight?

Hello Kyral.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 07:46 PM
"No, but I would happily provide you with something else to eat, or some other form of compensation." he says patiently.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:46 PM
Iames inquires as to how many days ago Rocky last saw Vera.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-20, 07:47 PM
Alex smiles and nods at Alena "Yeah, were doing great"

McBish
2007-01-20, 07:48 PM
Doing great. She smiles at them. Glad to hear your doing good.

Deadly
2007-01-20, 07:49 PM
Deadly finishes his muffins and orders a new glass of wine

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:50 PM
Oh yes, but having a the life-draining succubus in the mix made things a bit more dangerous. Not that I minded. Aesa chuckles. I don't think she managed to get Hiko either.

Well, that's good. Aerin's mouth thins slightly at the mention of succubi. Iames and I have had experiences with a succubus ourselves, well before we came here.

Blood
2007-01-20, 07:50 PM
Aerin enters and looks around. Is there a "Dexavar" here?
((Sorry, I was offline.))

The man sitting at the bar hears this and downs a potion, then turns and walks over to Aerin. "Hello. I am Dexavar. I assume you are from the Gufipolice?"

Meynolds
2007-01-20, 07:50 PM
Vinxa.

He downs the drink in a few gulps and releases a belch in the form of a stream of fire into the water.
Most of it evaporates, and Chance downs what remains.

Kyral
2007-01-20, 07:50 PM
"Hello Alena." Kyral takes a sip from his glass. "How're you today?"

Rebonack
2007-01-20, 07:52 PM
Regiji shakes his head.

"No, I don't think that would be quite fair."

The probe suddenly pops out of Regiji pack.

"Can he eat me?" its tone is hopeful.

"Eerr... sure..."

"Yay! I get to be eaten!" the probe gurgles with joy.

"..."

Regiji stands up and leaves the tavern, having decided that things here are a bit to insane for his liking.

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 07:52 PM
We weren't in any real danger though. She's entirely under my control. Aesa sips her wine. So how did Vera end up going back to Valhalla?
Rocky reports that he saw her a week ago.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 07:54 PM
I'm doing wonderfully Kyral, and how are you?

to Alex, Do you know what you're going to eat?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:55 PM
((Sorry, I was offline.))

The man sitting at the bar hears this and downs a potion, then turns and walks over to Aerin. "Hello. I am Dexavar. I assume you are from the Gufipolice?"

Please excuse me, Aerin says to Iames and Aesa before turning to Dexavar. I am. You wanted to join?

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-20, 07:55 PM
Alex nods at Alena "Yeah, do you want anything?"

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 07:56 PM
Gatamu smiles toothily and transforms into what looks somewhat like an iron golem. "Willing sustenance detected. Initiating sequence fifty-six pi." He reaches out for the probe and attempts to snatch it out of the air and devour it.

Admiral One
2007-01-20, 07:57 PM
Erdan picks up on people wanting to order food and shifts towards Alex and Alena.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 07:58 PM
A glass of wine please.

Kyral
2007-01-20, 07:58 PM
"Good to hear. I'm doing pretty good myself." Kyral nods to Erdan. "Evening, Erdan."

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-20, 08:00 PM
Alex nods, and raises an eyebrow at Erdan "You're working behind the bar?"

Timberwolf
2007-01-20, 08:01 PM
Nightstar looks up from the bar where she had nodded off and watches what looks like an Iron Golem trying to eat an odd mechanical device. She settles back to watch.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:01 PM
She was feeling frustrated and homesick, so I told her she should go back for a while. She was afraid to do that, because she was afraid that she would forget about me. So I gave her Rocky to take along, and she gave me her sword. She said that if the magic started to fade from her sword, that she was probably beginning to forget, and that I should go check on her. That's why I gave Rocky to her, so I could follow the link to your plane.

Aerin says her sword was flickering this morning, and I'm worried. Rocky says that the last he saw of her was a week ago, as time goes there.

Admiral One
2007-01-20, 08:02 PM
Erdan pours Alena her wine.

"Evening. How are you doing? Anything out of the ordinary happen recently? And by that I mean normal."

"Yeah. Gives me something to do between plots."

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 08:03 PM
Aesa sighs. Do you expect her to come back?

Blood
2007-01-20, 08:04 PM
"Yes." Dexavar suddenly looks surprised. "I'm sorry, something urgent came up. I have to go."

((Crap. I have to go, sorry you had to wait for me.))

Dexavar conjures up a portal and steps through it.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-20, 08:05 PM
Alex chuckles "Not used to being served by A PC character, I'll have a bamhacon and a lager please."

Deadly
2007-01-20, 08:05 PM
Deadly sips the last of his wine, waves to Gatamu and disappears.

Kyral
2007-01-20, 08:06 PM
"I'm doing well. As for out of the ordinary..." He jerks a thumb at Gatamu trying to eat the probe.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:07 PM
Aesa sighs. Do you expect her to come back?

I don't know, Iames answers. Are you telling me that I shouldn't?

Admiral One
2007-01-20, 08:08 PM
Erdan nods and serves the food + drink, then turns back to Kyral

"That is stranger than usual. Except for that time with the exploding cows."

Rebonack
2007-01-20, 08:08 PM
((The probe doesn't look mechanical. It has bluish chitinious plating all over it. Common mistake though.))

"Yay! Being digested is fun!" Zeemis enthuses.

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 08:08 PM
No I was not. Now I am though. Aesa sips her wine. If you want her back, you will have to do more than talk to your crystal. I would be surprised if she remembered that it existed.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:10 PM
Aerin turns back to the conversation. Sorry I had to duck out for a moment. What's going on?

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 08:10 PM
Gatamu digests the probe with brutal mechanical efficiency and strides over to Alex and Erdan. "May I eat you?"

Kyral
2007-01-20, 08:11 PM
"...cows." Kyral winces. "I'm not even going to ask."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:12 PM
I was reaching that conclusion myself, but thank you for confirming it. Aerin, Vera's losing her memories of her time with us, and I'm going to get her back. You want to come?

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 08:12 PM
Alena sips her wine as she watches Gatamu. She squeezes Alex's hand.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:12 PM
Aerin looks at hm like he's an idiot. What kind of question is that? Of course I'm coming.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-20, 08:13 PM
Alex looks at Gatamu "I'm sure I've told you this before. No, you may not eat me." Alex smiles at Alena and begins to eat

Admiral One
2007-01-20, 08:14 PM
Erdan looks at Gatamu.

"Sorry, I just serve the food."

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 08:15 PM
Aesa yawns. As long as she is not in valhalla you should be fine... if you do not interrupt her while she is working.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 08:17 PM
"Very well. Information filed." He turns to Aesa. "May I eat you?"

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 08:19 PM
You are asking me if you have my permission? Aesa looks at Gatamu closely. I would prefer you not eat me.

Admiral One
2007-01-20, 08:21 PM
"So, you wouldn't happen to know who died/came back while I was gone, would you?"

Timberwolf
2007-01-20, 08:21 PM
Nightstar watches the eating thing talk to Aesa, she has no idea what it is but it is a lot bigger than her, she's glad it's a polite man eater.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 08:22 PM
Gatamu reverts to his Aswarian form and rolls his eyes. "I know I can eat you. I asked 'may' intentionally. But very well." His ear twitches as he looks around for unasked people.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:23 PM
Working? Aerin repeats. What kind of work?

Kyral
2007-01-20, 08:24 PM
"No, I'm afraid not. I haven't been here much myself." He shrugs.

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 08:26 PM
Harvesting the souls of warriors for Valhalla. Hopefully you will catch her during a period of rest between armies. Aesa sips her wine.

Admiral One
2007-01-20, 08:26 PM
"Very well."

He notices Nightstar then turns away to polish one of his flintlock pistols.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-20, 08:26 PM
Alex takes a sip of drink and turns to Alena "What do you feel like doing with the remainder of the night?"

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 08:28 PM
Gatamu suddenly pounces on an NPC and devours her.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 08:28 PM
I don't really have any big plans or ideas for tonight, so whatever you would like to do.

Meynolds
2007-01-20, 08:29 PM
Chance cringes away from Gatamu, and stands up to leave the bar.

He walks out of the bar and start flying.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-20, 08:30 PM
"I'd quite fancy some songs in the sky if you feel good to carry"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:32 PM
Aerin's head snaps around as Gatamu's victim cries out. You! You're under arrest for murder! she shouts at Gatamu.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:33 PM
I hope so too. Iames tries to shift himself across the planes to where Rocky is.

Admiral One
2007-01-20, 08:33 PM
Upon hearing the gung-ho officer, Erdan loads his pistol and pulls out the other slowly. Just in case.

McBish
2007-01-20, 08:33 PM
The mutt comes inside and heads towards Aerin. Hey detective apparently one of out officers has been captured. There is a note asking for someone to go negotiate. Oh sorry need a hand arresting... it?

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 08:34 PM
That would be nice. Alena finishes her wine and twirls the stem between her fingers as she considers what to sing.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 08:34 PM
Gatamu blinks peacefully at Aerin. "Good evening to you too."

He suddenly scowls at the mutt. "It's 'him,' currently."

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 08:35 PM
Aesa grabs Iames's arm and tries to stop his teleporting with her magic. Wait a moment, thats not the way you want to go about this.

Admiral One
2007-01-20, 08:36 PM
Erdan hears Gatamu and places his guns on the bar where he can reach them. He also offers to refill Alena's glass.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-20, 08:36 PM
Alex smiles and finishes his meal, he pushes the plate away. He sips his drink and looks at Alena.

Kyral
2007-01-20, 08:36 PM
Kyral looks towards Aerin and Gatamu and grimaces. A small spark flies off of his arm.

Timberwolf
2007-01-20, 08:37 PM
Nightstar see Erdans guns

Hey, nice piece, where did you get that ?"

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 08:39 PM
to Erdan, No thank you.

She watches the others as Alex finishes his drink.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:39 PM
You're going to come along without a fight, then?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:39 PM
Aesa grabs Iames's arm and tries to stop his teleporting with her magic. Wait a moment, thats not the way you want to go about this.

Iames stops. I'm open to suggestions.

Admiral One
2007-01-20, 08:39 PM
"Got them as a prize in a sea battle. Had to fish them out of the water, but it was worth it."

((flintlocks, btw, not modern guns.))

Timberwolf
2007-01-20, 08:41 PM
"Nice. Who was the unlucky former owner ?"

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 08:41 PM
Aesa nods and removes her hand. First, do you know where she is? Is she at valhalla or a battlefield?

McBish
2007-01-20, 08:41 PM
The mutt stands next to Aerin.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-20, 08:41 PM
Alex takes a quick glance at Gatamu before finishing his drink. He turns back to Alena "I'm ready to go"

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 08:41 PM
He smiles broadly. "I don't recall saying that. Do try to pay attention to what I'm actually saying, native," he chides mockingly.

Hoseki groans.

Admiral One
2007-01-20, 08:43 PM
"Not sure. I just found them in the wreckage of the other ship. We're going to try to salvage whatever cargo sunk to find out who they were, though."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:46 PM
I'm not a native, by the way, but I don't suppose a thing like you could be reasonably expected to know that. In any event, you have two options. You can resist arrest and be brought in by force, or you can come along peacefully, serve your time and be let go by this time tomorrow.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 08:46 PM
I am too, as she looks around once more before heading outside.

Timberwolf
2007-01-20, 08:46 PM
"ahhhh, random pirates then or something altogether more sinister ? Never been in a sea battle myself," She looks up at Erdan, " is it fun ?"

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 08:46 PM
Kyrian looks up.

Sorry I didn't answer earlier Alex, my player walked off and ended up playing PS3 for a while.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:47 PM
No, I don't know where she is. She isn't in her room, though.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 08:48 PM
Gatamu rolls his eyes. "The only non-natives in this room are my sister and myself. And I'm hardly going to cooperate with someone as rude as you are, now am I?"

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 08:48 PM
That is your first step then. You need to figure out where she is. After that you will either have to find the battlefield or contact Odin.

Admiral One
2007-01-20, 08:49 PM
"Well, this one wasn't very. My ship was getting solidly pummeled and my crew was halved before I managed to bring in help, but they usually are. Lots of explosions and flying wreckage to keep you on your toes.

I don't think I have seen you before. Are you new to the town?"

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-20, 08:49 PM
"I hear you Ky, however I have a date in the sky and I don't to miss it. See you later" Alex stands up and heads outside

McBish
2007-01-20, 08:50 PM
The mutt gives a quiet moan not in the mood to fight the thing that likes eating people.

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 08:50 PM
Tell her I said hi. Kyrian calls out after him.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:52 PM
Gatamu rolls his eyes. "The only non-natives in this room are my sister and myself. And I'm hardly going to cooperate with someone as rude as you are, now am I?"

If I'm being rude, it's only because someone else was rude to me first, Aerin says sweetly.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:53 PM
Iames sits back down and concentrates, trying to find Vera.

Timberwolf
2007-01-20, 08:54 PM
"Yes, I'm fairly new, I've been here about a week, I've been wandering all over the planes trying to keep 2 steps ahead of that idiot sister of mine and her employer. And find a decent Gin and Tonic as well although I've managed to sort that one."

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 08:55 PM
"I didn't ask why you were rude, nor do I particularly care. I simply informed you that you have created an inevitable conflict by being rude. Is that smart? Not by my standards, but I suppose I don't know much about yours."

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 08:56 PM
Verdandi does not seem to be on the same plane as Rocky, and she is very far away and in an unclear position on a battlefield. Iames can sense a great deal of emotional conflict and turmoil on the battlefield, probably strengthening his vision of the place. At the moment the two armies seem to be fighting against each other.

Admiral One
2007-01-20, 08:58 PM
"Sister and employer across several planes? Sounds like a story."

Rebonack
2007-01-20, 08:58 PM
Suddenly, inexplicably, an inverted bucket of plaid paint materializes in mid-air and drops toward Gatamu's head.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 09:00 PM
Gatamu, with reflexes of a cat, tilts his head back and eats the improbable paint and bucket.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 09:01 PM
"I didn't ask why you were rude, nor do I particularly care. I simply informed you that you have created an inevitable conflict by being rude. Is that smart? Not by my standards, but I suppose I don't know much about yours."

Ah, but if I was not the instigator of the rudeness, then who is at fault for the conflict thus created? And really, considering that you just killed and ate an innocent person in the presence of a police officer, I have to ask, is that smart? Not by my standards, but I suppose I don't know much about yours. Aerin's eyes glint.

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 09:02 PM
Kyrian plays with Lillah's hair as he watches Aerin argue with Gatamu.

McBish
2007-01-20, 09:02 PM
Um... is there going to be a fight or can I go see what I can do about the captured police officer now?

Lillah smiles at Kyrian.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 09:02 PM
Iames sighs. She's in a battle. I'm not sure how exactly she's involved, but she's on a battlefield.

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 09:03 PM
Kyrian leans down and kisses Lillah.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 09:07 PM
Gatamu grins broadly. "Ah, I love it when natives aren't too paralyzed with terror to be smart with me. Your laws and law enforcers mean nothing to me, so your presence did not affect my decision to eat that person, nor should it have. I also don't care if you wish to attack me because, apparently, I was rude to you."

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 09:07 PM
Aesa nods. Then you can teleport there without worries. If she had been in Valhalla... you would have had to come up with a very convincing argument, or die fighting well enough to get chosen by a valkyrie. She yawns and sips her wine.

Rebonack
2007-01-20, 09:09 PM
Several inexplicable things begin to happen upon eating the paint. First, the pattern of red and green and yellow begins leeching into Gatamu's fur. It looks rather silly to be honest. Second, it induces a rather unpleasant stomach ache. The sort that causes the eater to vomit up everything they've eaten recently.

Vomited up good as new, mind you. Odd that.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 09:11 PM
Gatamu's form is completely immune to forcible change, cosmetic or otherwise, and he doesn't have the capacity to vomit at the moment, so nothing happens.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 09:16 PM
Gatamu grins broadly. "Ah, I love it when natives aren't too paralyzed with terror to be smart with me. Your laws and law enforcers mean nothing to me, so your presence did not affect my decision to eat that person, nor should it have. I also don't care if you wish to attack me because, apparently, I was rude to you."

I don't wish to attack you on the grounds of rudeness. I wish to attack you on the grounds that you just killed and ate a being whose life and safety I happen to be charged with protecting. And if our laws and law enforcers mean nothing to you, then I suggest that you start trying to figure them out. Now, as I said before, you have two choices: you can come peacefully, or I can take you by force.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 09:18 PM
Iames blinks. Oh, good. Although I think I probably could have managed the second. Aerin, say my name when you're ready to come through. Iames shifts to Vera's location.

Rebonack
2007-01-20, 09:19 PM
Since manipulation of his physical form is apparently impossible unless he so wills it, the air directly in contact with Gatamu's fur begins to emit said plaid pattern instead. The end result is pretty much the same, except the fuzzy creature appears to be glowing plaid instead.

For good measure a pigmy rhesus monkey materializes on the tiger/roc and begins picking ticks out of his fur that weren't there a moment ago.

Apparently someone finds this amusing.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 09:20 PM
"Oh, no, I understand them perfectly. They're actually fairly typical of the Mycenian-class worlds. And I will come and go as I like, if you don't mind. No- I'll come and go as I like even if you do mind." He sits back and grins, absorbing the monkey and digesting it.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 09:23 PM
what do you think you are that you can talk down to people like this?

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 09:23 PM
((Iames finds himself here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1863261#post1863261))
Aesa watches Gatamu and Aerin with idle interest.

McBish
2007-01-20, 09:24 PM
The mutt tries to come up with a clever plan to get this thing to come peacefully.

Meynolds
2007-01-20, 09:25 PM
Chance returns to the tavern and notes the confrontation between officer and Gatamu.

At least this was predictable. He mutters to no-one in particular. Could I get a Constitution Crushing Wine?

Timberwolf
2007-01-20, 09:25 PM
Nightstar wanders over to Aesa

"Hi again, whats going on ?"

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 09:25 PM
"My name is Gatamu Darketh-Shiryl. I am a dimension hopper, and I answer to no one and nothing but myself." Gatamu says easily.

Hoseki rubs her temples wearily.

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 09:26 PM
Apparently the police are trying to persuade Gatamu the ever-hungry to come quietly to the station. Aesa smirks.

Admiral One
2007-01-20, 09:27 PM
Erdan slips into a player-induced coma.

((lol, think u missed my post, timberwolf. No prob, have to go now anyways.))

Rebonack
2007-01-20, 09:27 PM
The monkey is sucked into the creature's flank. And by sucked into the creature's flank I mean the monkey does twelve to the forty second things simultaneously, including but not limited to being sucked into the creature's flank. Apparently someone forgot to tell the monkey that it's wave-forms should collapse, as the members of the tavern are observing the hell out of it at the moment.

The monkey finally settles on which wave-form to go with. It happens to be the one that's still picking non-existent ticks out of Gatamu's fur.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-20, 09:27 PM
The door opens and El Jaspero enters. "Hey Gatamu." He grins and heads over to Kyrian and Lillah's table. "Ahoy, you two. How go things?"

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 09:30 PM
"Hey," Gatamu replies cheerfully. He decides to ignore the monkey.

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 09:30 PM
Hey Dad, we're doing good. How's Mom?

McBish
2007-01-20, 09:30 PM
Lillah waves to El J with a smile on her face.

The mutt gives up trying to come up with something clever and decides to go with something obvious. Oh your Gatamu wow not what he described.

Meynolds
2007-01-20, 09:31 PM
Taking his drink, Chance works his way over to Gatamu and tries to get him to drink it.

Here, want to try this drink?

Timberwolf
2007-01-20, 09:31 PM
Erdan slips into a player-induced coma.

((lol, think u missed my post, timberwolf. No prob, have to go now anyways.))

((yep, sure did, sorry))

"I see it's going really really well, Think they have a chance ?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 09:32 PM
"My name is Gatamu Darketh-Shiryl. I am a dimension hopper, and I answer to no one and nothing but myself." Gatamu says easily.

I'm Aerin Hitomi, a Soulfire Knight. Tell me, Gatamu, is all of your kind like you?

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 09:32 PM
Aesa snickers. No, they don't. They have a chance to survive... but not win.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 09:32 PM
Gatamu looks blankly at the mutt, but smiles toothily at Chance. "No. Not really."

He turns back to Aerin. "No. Most of my kind are sane and do not draw attention to themselves the way I do. I am very nearly unique in my bloodthirstiness, lack of respect for what natives have created, and overall eccentricity. It runs in the family.".

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-20, 09:33 PM
The Pirate King smiles and sits. "She's well. Resting at the moment, but Gwen tells us she's due any day now."

Timberwolf
2007-01-20, 09:34 PM
"This should be interesting then. I've been a lot of places on a lot of planes and seen a lot of things, but I've never seen anything like that."

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 09:35 PM
I have. Aesa snickers at the memory. It was messy. Those officers really should not have threatened me...

Timberwolf
2007-01-20, 09:36 PM
Nightstar raises a tiny eyebrow

"Oh ? I take it you had fun then."

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 09:36 PM
Good, good. Can't wait to meet my sister.

McBish
2007-01-20, 09:37 PM
Sorry but some guys claiming to be god's were talking about you. Jonnadiah and Aloysius they built some temple in the slums. I'm pretty sure they mentioned you. So I was expecting something different. The mutt wonders silently what it is like to be eaten.

Lillah smiles. That's great.

Meynolds
2007-01-20, 09:37 PM
Chance quickly backpedals muttering to himself
Well, it was worth a try.

He then takes a drink.

[Fort DC 35. Rolls 18+10+6+2=36]

Rebonack
2007-01-20, 09:37 PM
The monkey doesn't appear to enjoy being ignored, so it stops plucking ticks and scrambles up to Gatamu's head, taking every possible path to get there. Simultaneously. A good number of them involve spontaneously leaping to the moon and back, but the monkey doesn't appear to be any worse for wear as a result.

Once all the wave-monkeys have collapsed back into a single primate it begins yanking on the fuzzy creature's ears whilst screeching rather loudly.

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 09:40 PM
Oh yes. After killing half of the force the rest fled... good times. Aesa smiles as she remembers the memory.

Fus.Weapon 1337
2007-01-20, 09:42 PM
Ark walks in, sporting his new weapon, the Alpha and Omega. He sits down, quietly slashing at inanimate objects, then magically repairing them. My, this works wonders! Now if someone would just come to the Crystal Palace...

Timberwolf
2007-01-20, 09:43 PM
"So what were you up to that they felt the need to be arresting ?"

Nightstar remembers some of her run ins with the police although she has never resorted to mass carnage in anywhere other than bars.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 09:43 PM
A tentacle sprouts out of Gatamu's skulls and attempts to grab the monkey and rip it in half. This really ought to work, but I don't want to godmod.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 09:46 PM
Gatamu looks blankly at the mutt, but smiles toothily at Chance. "No. Not really."

He turns back to Aerin. "No. Most of my kind are sane and do not draw attention to themselves the way I do. I am very nearly unique in my bloodthirstiness, lack of respect for what natives have created, and overall eccentricity. It runs in the family.".

Oh, I see. I was wondering how your species managed to survive if they were all like you, but that answers my question. I'd really prefer not to have to do this, but since you're disinclined to cooperate, I suppose I don't really have a choice. She pulls out a small sphere of iron and throws it at Gatamu, fast, shouting, BIND! The iron ball expands into a whirling collection of iron bands seeking to encircle and entrap their target - Gatamu.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-20, 09:47 PM
ESARS comes out of sleep mode, and watches the others with a meatbag-hating glare.

McBish
2007-01-20, 09:47 PM
The mutt continues talking wondering if Gatamu might eat him for lying. Yeah those two guys were telling me about this fat and ugly thing that eats everything. They way they described you, well it wasn't very flattering.

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 09:49 PM
Destroying an entire town. They felt like they needed to stop me, and so they tried. Aesa spins her magic rod.

Sneak
2007-01-20, 09:51 PM
Sneak walks into the bar. "If I was a panda, I'd be a friggin' panda. Man, that is so deep." He slides onto a barstool. "Sneak on the Beach, hold the 'the.'"

Rebonack
2007-01-20, 09:52 PM
The monkey is torn asunder. Or is it?

Despite the fact that there are currently two monkey halves busy dieing on the floor the original ape is still screeching away. After a moments thought it scurries onto Gatamu's face.

While at the same time still screeching in his ear. Precisely how it manages to do this isn't readily apparent.

It isn't any real threat to a creature that is ostensibly invincible, but it is doing a good job of being annoying.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 09:52 PM
Gatamu smiles broadly, and the magic of the bands instantly fades away. "Oh, I have survived well enough."

He waves at Sneak, remembering that delicious pudding he had made out of the cat god.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-20, 09:53 PM
El Jaspero smiles eagerly. "I can't wait either. It's...it's fantastic, utterly amazing." He turns to look at Kyrian and Lillah in turn. "But how are you two? Your own plans coming along?"

McBish
2007-01-20, 09:55 PM
Well I'm starting to wonder if Wukei is out stealing me a dress. She smiles.

The mutt wonders if he has lost the ablity to talk and just thinks these words are coming out of his mouth.

Meynolds
2007-01-20, 09:56 PM
Chance moves over to Regiji:

Nice to meet you. What type of creature is that monkey anyway?



[OOC: I will not be online until tomorrow.]

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 09:56 PM
Kyrian laughs at Lillah's comments.

Timberwolf
2007-01-20, 09:57 PM
"Any particular reason ? Or just for practice ?"

Nightstar grins

"I've felt like doing that a few times myself."

Sneak
2007-01-20, 09:58 PM
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/4177/sneakfinaldq4.gif

Sneak waves at Gatamu. "Lion-griffin-weirdo-thing! Long time no getting eaten!"

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 09:58 PM
Gatamu continues to ignore the mutt.

"Quite! I don't suppose you'd mind being eaten again after this cop leaves?"

((Nothing personal, of course, but he doesn't really care what other people do unless it involves him, mostly. Talking at him doesn't count. Arresting him does.))

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-20, 09:58 PM
"Something 'borrowed', something blue, eh?"

El J winks with a grin.

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 09:59 PM
I was serving the Norns at the time, and I needed to do that for them.

Timberwolf
2007-01-20, 10:01 PM
"Hmmm, not come across them, they sound like nice people, all charitable, warm and loving."

McBish
2007-01-20, 10:01 PM
I guess.

Yeah but they didn't mention how good at ignoring people you are.

((No problem. The mutt enjoys talking to himself. Or rather I enjoy making the mutt talk to himself.))

Sneak
2007-01-20, 10:02 PM
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/4177/sneakfinaldq4.gif

"I'd be fine with that." He grins. "But maybe just a little bite, okay?"

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 10:03 PM
They are surprisingly impartial for the most part.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-20, 10:03 PM
"Fear not, lass. Wukei is a woman of her word." He touches Lillah's shoulder reassuringly, but he has a bit of a faraway look on his face.

Rebonack
2007-01-20, 10:03 PM
((Regiji is currently at the OmniShop. The rhesus monkey is just here for ineffable reasons.))

The monkey continues to cling to Gatamu's face. Incidentally, it's hard to see when there's a filthy ape stuck to your head.

The monkey continues screeching in his ear while yanking on them as well. As if this weren't bad enough the monkey apparently decides now would be an excellent time to cover Gatamu's body from nose to tail with itself.

So it does.

There's still only one monkey, mind you. It just happens to be doing no fewer than two hundred and seventy three actions simultaneously. There's a good chance that it recently took a workshop on efficient multi-tasking.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 10:05 PM
Since Gatamu almost never relies on the senses of whatever form he is currently inhabiting, he just laughs at Sneak's comment. "Of course! I'd hate to use you up!"

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 10:08 PM
You ok, Dad?

Timberwolf
2007-01-20, 10:09 PM
"What had the town done to make it need destroying anyway ?" She shrugs "Whenever I heard of a city being razed, it was because it was in the way of a war."

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-20, 10:09 PM
El Jaspero blinks, then smiles. "Just a memory, lad. Just a memory."

McBish
2007-01-20, 10:09 PM
Lillah nods.

The mutt tries a different tactic. Um... hey those two said there was no way eat them. Yeah thats it.

Rebonack
2007-01-20, 10:13 PM
The monkey, just to be a more effective nuisance, suddenly becomes opaque to every form of wave and field that does or has or will exist anywhere. It's rather hard to gather sensory input when you aren't getting any.

Despite this the monkey's screeching and unpleasant odor are still plainly obvious.

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 10:14 PM
Kyrian nods.

Would you like a drink, Dad?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 10:14 PM
The bands continue their trajectory, landing on and around Gatamu. Aerin growls a bit, then pulls out a small glittering bead and throws it at Gatamu. It streaks toward him and explodes into a sphere of force, hopefully trapping him inside.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 10:17 PM
Since hopper sense doesn't work like that, Gatamu continues to ignore the monkey.

The sphere functions perfectly, except that Gatamu is no longer there. He is, in fact, behind Aerin, looking distinctly amused.

Sneak
2007-01-20, 10:18 PM
"Right. Okay, I'll just be waitin' right here." He shrugs and sips his drink.

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 10:19 PM
Oh, its fate had become altered beyond repair, so we had to eliminate it for the good of the tapestry.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 10:21 PM
Gatamu grins at Sneak. "Surely you, as a cat, can understand my desire to play with my victim first? She has plenty of guts, if not as many brains."

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-20, 10:21 PM
El J gives Kyrian a wry smile. "Son, I would love a drink. I have Drunken Master levels, after all...but it's tea and cider for now. I made your mother a promise, and I'll stick to it."

Sneak
2007-01-20, 10:22 PM
"Um, right. Wait...she?" He looks quizically at Gatamu.

McBish
2007-01-20, 10:23 PM
Lillah smiles at El J. May I recommend the hot chocolate.

The mutt growls slightly. Aerin I'm going to go and try to get the captured officer back unless you need me here.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 10:24 PM
He waves at Aerin. "This one's a female."

Timberwolf
2007-01-20, 10:25 PM
"Ah, so for a very good cause then."

She nods sagely.

"I've got to go, good talking to you again."

Rebonack
2007-01-20, 10:25 PM
The monkey still clings tenaciously to the no-selling Hopper, looking as though it doesn't have any intention of leaving any time soon.

It decides to, just because it can, block Gatamu's hopper sense as well.

So it does.

Sneak
2007-01-20, 10:25 PM
"Really? Never would've guessed." He 'mugs' at the camera.

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 10:28 PM
Well Dad, here's hoping Sis comes out before my wedding, then you can drink all you want. After the wedding.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 10:28 PM
Aerin whirls around, looking everywhere for the hopper. When she sees him behind her, she glares daggers at him. What I wouldn't give for a squad of Zhamachs right now. She pulls out another bead and rolls it under Gatamu.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-20, 10:28 PM
ESARS, after a long period of inactivity, leaves the tavern.

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 10:28 PM
Aesa nods and sips her wine.

McBish
2007-01-20, 10:30 PM
The mutt shakes his head and leaves.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-20, 10:31 PM
El J smiles. "Just a glass of wine before the fire with Alarra would be enough for me right now. But I think cocoa will have to do for now."

He gives Cosmo a significant look and makes hand gestures that somehow indicate "cocoa".

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 10:31 PM
Gatamu vanishes and reappears next to Aerin, yawning widely. "C'mon, at least amuse me! It's not that hard!"

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 10:32 PM
Kyrian laughs.

I know I keep saying it, Dad...but I'm really glad it's you and Alarra.

McBish
2007-01-20, 10:33 PM
Lillah smiles but her mind seems to be else where.

Fus.Weapon 1337
2007-01-20, 10:35 PM
Ark is still in his unannounced nap, and accidentally shoots a bolt of lightning at Kyrian. I'm not sure how he can use magic while sleeping, either.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-20, 10:35 PM
El J takes the mug of cocoa from the scowling Cosmo, who mutters his way back to the bar. "Well," he says as he takes a sip. "I'm awfully glad it's me and Alarra too."

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 10:37 PM
Kyrian plays with Lillah's hair as he smiles at Jaspero.

Only eight more days.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 10:37 PM
I'm not interested in amusing you. I'm interested in bringing you to justice. Aerin attempts a hold monster spell.

McBish
2007-01-20, 10:38 PM
Yeah. She frowns as the lightning hits her sheild she put up when Aerin and Gatamu started fighting.

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 10:38 PM
Aesa snickers at Aerin's thwarted attempts.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-20, 10:40 PM
"It's wonderful, isn't it? The anticipation. I was so eager, so ready...people talk about being nervous before their weddings and I can't imagine what they're talking about. How could I be nervous about something I wanted so much, something I've been missing all my life?"

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 10:40 PM
The spell fails beautifully to do anything whatsoever. "Justice! Such a wonderful concept. Purely native-created, of course, but lovely nonetheless."

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 10:41 PM
Kyrian hugs Lillah.

That's what I keep telling this lovely lady. Or what I should keep telling her.

McBish
2007-01-20, 10:43 PM
Lillah smiles. Yeah I sort of feel like we are already married.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-20, 10:44 PM
El J sips his cocoa and nods to Kyrian. "Yes. Yes, you should," then smiles at Lillah. "That's good. Less surprises that way."

Fus.Weapon 1337
2007-01-20, 10:44 PM
Ark, still sleeping, inexplicably yells GO TO THE CRYSTAL PALACE!! DO IT!! NOW!!!!!!. He then tumbles off his chair and rolls on to the floor.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 10:45 PM
Aerin sighs. Fine. You win this round. She turns and walks out of the Tavern.

Hoseki
2007-01-20, 10:48 PM
Gatamu smiles broadly and delightedly. He looks toward Sneak, but since the cat god appears to be sleeping, he vanishes.

Hoseki moans and stows herself behind the bar.

((G'night, everyone.))

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 10:48 PM
Aesa appears to throw a trio of lightning bolts at Gatamu for no reason whatsoever. A spellcaster, or someone with very keen eyes, could tell that they are not lightning bolts, but illusion. Right before they "hit" Gatamu, they burst into sparks that change color and dance around him. Aesa watches them amusedly.
Aesa sighs as he vanishes.

Rebonack
2007-01-20, 10:49 PM
The monkey is gradually growing in the racket it's producing, all two hundred plus versions of it. The very laws of probability begin to warp around Gatamu with every attack ignoring action he takes.

The Hopper's taunt it contorted in mid-air, sounding instead as: "Please be sure to read the 'Welcome to the Town!' thread."

The ape vanishes with him, apparently now a curse he'll have to live with for the rest of eternity.

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 10:52 PM
I will make sure I constantly tell her how much her love completes my life.

McBish
2007-01-20, 10:54 PM
Lillah smiles and leans up against Kyrian.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-20, 10:58 PM
El J eyes Kyrian and sips his cocoa. "It's not just telling her, son. A woman believes things for many more reasons that being told so. Words only get you so far."

AmberVael
2007-01-20, 11:01 PM
Aesa sighs and vanishes.

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 11:01 PM
Kyrian wraps an arm around Lillah's shoulders.

I've got to also show it to her with my actions.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-20, 11:05 PM
Alex enters the tavern carrying Alena. He nods to everyone he knows and walks towards the stairs.

McBish
2007-01-20, 11:05 PM
Lillah smiles and kisses Kyrian.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 11:08 PM
Somewhere along the way back to the Tavern, Alena's eyes have closed as she feels the comfort of being carried.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-20, 11:11 PM
Alex looks back briefly "Night folks" he reaches the stairs and walks up them

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-20, 11:19 PM
El Jaspero smiles and finishes his cocoa. "You're learning." He stands, and tips his hat. "If you'll excuse me, I have a very pregnant wife to tend. Good night, you two."

He heads for the door, and steps out into the evening chill.

McBish
2007-01-20, 11:20 PM
Night El J.

Kyrian
2007-01-20, 11:21 PM
Goodnight Dad.

Fus.Weapon 1337
2007-01-21, 12:11 AM
Ark jumps up, and looks around, with his eyes still close. He arms his weapon, and says I'd like some bread with that, please. before collapsing to the ground again.

Kyrian
2007-01-21, 12:11 AM
Shall we turn in for the night too, Lillah?

McBish
2007-01-21, 12:13 AM
That sounds good. She smiles and kisses Kyrian and they disappear.

Hawkeye
2007-01-21, 12:18 AM
A figure who until now appears to have been made completely out of shadow smirks, his eyes flaring a brilliant red for just a moment. He pulls up a completely black hood over his head and he leaves the tavern at a very quick pace.

Castaras
2007-01-21, 04:51 AM
5 of Castaras run in, look around hurridly, then run out again.

-----

A drider forms in the tavern, and scuttles to a table. His red eyes glare at the waiters, who hurridly give him a drink. There he sits, contemplating.

-----

The drider slowly fades out, a cruel smile on his face.

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 10:25 AM
The librarian wakes up as Kratos hops off her lap. Greeny remains snoring under a chair as Libris heads to the bar and orders two hot chocolates.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-21, 10:35 AM
The door opens and the Pirate King enters, a smile on his face. "Ahoy, Libirs. How fares the day?"

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 10:37 AM
The librarian smiles.

"It fares well, despite waking up here," she says, stretching her wings achily. "I'd rather wake up at home. And how fares it for you, captain, and your lovely wife?"

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-21, 10:41 AM
El Jaspero smiles and begins fixing himself tea. "Well, thank you. She's due any day now, according to Gwen. Needless to say we're quite excited...I don't suppose you know how you wound up here?"

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 10:44 AM
The librarian grins.

"Ah, there's no mystery to it," she says. "We were just too tired to walk back home the other night. She's due? I hope that goes well - mind you, I don't need to wish you luck if you've got Gwen on hand."

Castaras
2007-01-21, 10:48 AM
A drider scuttles into the tavern, grabbing a drink on his way to the table.