PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CXXXVII

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

McBish
2007-01-21, 10:49 AM
The mutt walks in and goes to the bar and gets a plate of Bamhacon. He blinks a couple of time as if trying to wake up.

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 10:50 AM
Nightstar wanders in for a DFB, sees the drider and reaches into her handbag to check on something.

Castaras
2007-01-21, 10:51 AM
The drider notices Nightstar's watchful gaze. He treats her to a humourless, fanged smile.

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 10:53 AM
She smiles back, her best "I'm so small and harmless" smile and settles back with her DFB.

Castaras
2007-01-21, 10:54 AM
The drider laughs a cold harsh laugh, before turning back to his drink.

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 10:54 AM
The librarian looks down at the mutt.

"I hear the coffee's rather good here," she says, noting its sleepy disposition.

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 10:57 AM
Nightstar thinks to herself "Wonder what that Drider finds funny, what ever it is, it can't be good. Driders are.... unpredicatable."

McBish
2007-01-21, 10:57 AM
Hmm... oh right. Thanks for the tip but I never have been a fan of coffee. The mutt give a weak smile.

Sneak
2007-01-21, 10:58 AM
Sneak wakes up. "Gah! I swear, if I fall asleep one more time, I'll stomp on a small furry animal. Like a bear. Those are small and furry." He sighs and takes a seat at the bar. "The regular."

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-21, 10:58 AM
El Jaspero blinks, pulling himself away from a moment of happy reflection. "Thanks anyway, Libris. It's a comfort to know our friends are wishing us well."

Castaras
2007-01-21, 10:59 AM
Another drink, waiter.

The Drider glances round the room, focusing on noone in particular, suspicious.

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 11:01 AM
The librarian smiles.

"Me neither. I've got a weakness for hot chocolate but while the chocolate contains sugar and a bit of caffeine, the warm milk rarely keeps me awake." She pays for the two hot chocolates, then heads back towards the fireplace. Kratos, now in elfin shape, is sat in one of the large armchairs swinging his legs. He drinks his hot chocolate eagerly when it arrives, while the librarian sits back down in her own seat, idly reaches down and strokes Greeny and then settles down, staring into the flames and dozing a little.

((*sigh* back to writing job applications))

Sneak
2007-01-21, 11:04 AM
Sneak looks around. "Hmm." He begins to hum the really annoying song from Clock City (in Majora's Mask).

Castaras
2007-01-21, 11:05 AM
The drider gets up and scuttles out of the tavern.

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 11:06 AM
Nightstar grabs Cosmo, whispers something to him and leans back, looking pointedly at her drink and nowhere else at all.

2007-01-21, 11:14 AM
The Pirate King nods to Sneak. "Ahoy, Catman. Good to see you again."

Sneak
2007-01-21, 11:15 AM
Sneak looks over at El J."And good to see that some people still don't know my real name. Hello."

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 11:16 AM
Cosmo returns to Nightstar with an "are you sure ?" look on his face and hands her a box. She nods and opens it, pulling out a massive cigar the length of her forearm which she lights and proceeds to enjoy.

2007-01-21, 11:20 AM
El J shrugs. "A name is just a name, and you responded to it after all. It's been a while since we saw you; are things alright with you?"

McBish
2007-01-21, 11:21 AM
The mutt goes and lays down by the fire.

Sneak
2007-01-21, 11:28 AM
"Actually, now that you mention it, I became a hobo wandering the streets of Clock Town. But then I got some poor sap's reservation for the Stock Pot Inn, and when I went into the room there was a chest with 100 rupees in it. I used that to buy me a powder keg, which I then used to blow up the boulder blocking Milk Road and come back here." He shrugs. "Yeah, things are okay with me. And you?"

Lord Magtok
2007-01-21, 11:32 AM
((Legend of Zelda. Majora's Mask. Gimme a cookie.))

2007-01-21, 11:33 AM
The Pirate King smiles. "Glad to hear you got to blow something up. Myself, I'm well I suppose. Back to being a full-fledged pirate since my Letter of Marque got revoked, which is a good or bad thing depending on how lawful you're feeling. Our daughter's due any day now, which we're of course extremely excited about. Found out Kyrian's our son. The usual."

Sneak
2007-01-21, 11:34 AM
(( I wasn't offering one!

Bah, ungrateful little...here, take your cookie. It's an internet cookie.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/cookie-ch.jpg ))

He looks up. "Kyrian's your son? Nice! Do you get to switch him or thrash him or something?"

Lord Magtok
2007-01-21, 11:40 AM
((I knew you weren't offering a cookie. That didn't stop me before, though...))

Castaras
2007-01-21, 11:40 AM
Castaras walks in, and sits at one of the tables. She takes a drink from Cosmos, while the other two npcs try and avoid her.

The drider comes in after her, and sits at the corner table and winks at Castaras.

Sneak
2007-01-21, 11:41 AM
Sneak looks over at the drow and the drider. "Weavers!"

2007-01-21, 11:42 AM
El Jaspero sips his tea. "I think it does, not that it'd make any difference. He's a bit headstrong, you know." He winks. "Must be from her side of the family."

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 11:42 AM
Nightstar has been observing the 2 drow through a haze of cigar smoke and sees the wink. She opens her handbag and leaves it open on the top of the bar

Castaras
2007-01-21, 11:43 AM
Castaras glares at Sneak, while the drider laughs.

I am no weaver, I am merely a wizard.

Heh, don't forget...

You're not helping...

Sneak
2007-01-21, 11:47 AM
"Whatever. If you ever need help disciplining him, call me, and I'll be happy to help. I'll throw in a free anvil, too." He glances back at the drider. "Eh, whatever."

Castaras
2007-01-21, 11:49 AM
The drider roars with laughter.

Castaras glares at the drider, before looking at Nightstar suspiciously. She gets up and starts walking to the handbag.

2007-01-21, 11:50 AM
((Weavers: Perdido Street Station?))

El Jaspero nods. "Many thanks, Sneak. I'll keep your offer in mind."

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 11:54 AM
The librarian breaks out her thoughts and looks around.

"I thought I heard a familiar voice," she says to Sneak. "And to what do we owe your return to this humble tavern?"

Sneak
2007-01-21, 11:55 AM
He looks over. "Five bucks. Yep, you owe me five bucks. Pay it by tomorrow or the mob'll be after you."

2007-01-21, 11:56 AM
El J frowns. "I thought the Mob didn't exist."

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 11:58 AM
The librarian grins at the pirate captain.

"I heard that myself. There's certainly no mafia, so I have no debt."

Castaras
2007-01-21, 11:59 AM
Castaras picks up the handbag and looks inside.

The drider hides behind the table, grinning at thought of something horrible that's going to happen Castaras.

Sneak
2007-01-21, 12:00 PM
"Whatever." He turns into a cat, curls up into a ball, falls asleep, and once again prays that not too many aspiring vandals and graffiti artists will visit in the afternoon/night.

2007-01-21, 12:02 PM
El J nods to Libris. "Yes, because it wouldn't make sense to not have a non-debt to the nonexistent Mafia."

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 12:03 PM
((Bah, if only the rogue was in town with some marker pens))

"Exactly," she says to El Jaspero. "Although... bah, I haven't had nearly enough caffeine to have a go at Mafia speak this early in the evening."

The librarian smiles and sips her hot chocolate as the large green wolf beside her snorts and wakes up.

"Huh? What's going on?" He sniffs the air. "Something's not right... OI!" He gets to his feet. "Where's my hot chocolate, eh?"

2007-01-21, 12:18 PM
The Pirate King nods sympathetically. "Yeah, those mafioso, even though they don't exist, can keep all that jive talk to themselves as far as I'm not concerned."

Castaras
2007-01-21, 12:19 PM
Castaras looks up, after seeing nothing in there.

She walks over to the laughing drider, draws her sword and hits him with the hilt on the head. The drider jumps, then mocklingly cowers.

Oh, don't kill me, Castaras! Oh, oh, I don't want to die, I'm too young, I'm only, oh, 254!

Ferdir, shut it.

She puts her sword back.

Kyral
2007-01-21, 12:26 PM
There's a sudden low sound throughout the Tavern, like roaring flame and howling wind, and Kyral appears, arms on fire. The sound fades away, and the jets of flame vanish into his arms. He walks to the bar and takes a seat, calling to the bartender on shift. "I'll have a glass of water and some Bamhacon, thank you."

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 12:29 PM
The Pirate King nods sympathetically. "Yeah, those mafioso, even though they don't exist, can keep all that jive talk to themselves as far as I'm not concerned."

The librarian heads back to he bar to purchase a third hot chocolate and turns back to El Jaspero.

"I saw your ship had been out of the harbour for quite a while recently. Did you have fun?" she asks innocently.

Eldoran
2007-01-21, 12:30 PM
Eldoran steps into the tavern and sits at the bar "Cormyrian Fireamber please Cosmo" he stretches and yawns

Lord Magtok
2007-01-21, 12:31 PM
A intoxicated bovine enters the tavern and starts singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW4vvG4ksJE

Castaras
2007-01-21, 12:31 PM
Castaras walks over to her table again and finishes off her drink.

She orders another drink.

Ferdir grins and looks at the bovine.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-21, 12:36 PM
The cow conntinues to sing, until a ninja from RSPAIN shows up with a very important safety message.

http://www.thomasscott.net/safety/

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 12:37 PM
"Hello Eldoran, how goes the day? Have you had any luck finding the Shipmasters?"

DarkHunter
2007-01-21, 12:38 PM
A bald man in bright red silken robes saunters in and sits at the bar. He orders a cormyrian fireamber for the irony of it, and sips.

Eldoran
2007-01-21, 12:41 PM
Eldoran shakes his head at Libris "No luck I'm afraid. Hawkeye is very tricky to find if he doesn't want to be...I thought it would have been easier now he has Loki's powers but that appears not to be the case. I've even got Ilmater trying to find him, but he hasn't had any joy either."

He glances across to the new person in the tavern "Copycat"

McBish
2007-01-21, 12:41 PM
McBish and Natalie come downstairs holding hands they get some food and head outside.

Castaras
2007-01-21, 12:43 PM
((Magtok, the ninja thing is Hilarious!))

The Drider grins, then scuttles away.

Castaras grumbles about ninjas being too full of themselves then goes back to the task of drinking.

Kyral
2007-01-21, 12:44 PM
Kyral watches both the agent and the cow, torn halfway between amusement and confusion. The bartender on shift brings him his food, which he begins eating.

Blood
2007-01-21, 12:44 PM
Dexavar opens a portal and walks over to the bar. He continues drinking Level Up Liquers.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-21, 12:46 PM
((Its a ninja, not an agent. And I found the ninja thing in a arena battle.))

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 12:47 PM
Nightstar emerges from her computer induced abscence, reaches into her handbag, pulls something out of it and walks over to Casteras.

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 12:48 PM
Eldoran shakes his head at Libris "No luck I'm afraid. Hawkeye is very tricky to find if he doesn't want to be...I thought it would have been easier now he has Loki's powers but that appears not to be the case. I've even got Ilmater trying to find him, but he hasn't had any joy either."

He glances across to the new person in the tavern "Copycat"

"Sorry to hear about that," the librarian replies. "I hope he's getting on all right with those powers." She follows Eldoran's gaze to the newcomer and smiles. "Never saw the attraction of that stuff myself. I prefer Haley's."

DarkHunter
2007-01-21, 12:48 PM
Randan chuckles and shakes his head at Eldoran

Who are you calling a copycat? The Red Wizards of Thay have worn these robes since the days of Nethril.

Castaras
2007-01-21, 12:49 PM
She sits there drinking, watching Nightstar coldly.

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 12:50 PM
Nightstar reaches Casteras and stands quietly next to her.

Castaras
2007-01-21, 12:52 PM
Castaras glares at Nightstar, then promptly disappears.

((Back in half an hour probs))

Eldoran
2007-01-21, 12:52 PM
Eldoran folds his arms at the newcomer "Excuse me but I think I was the first wizard in red that came in here and ordered a Cormyrian Fireamber thank you very much. Go to another tavern to be completely generic in."

He turns to Libris "I hope so, but CE greater god powers given to a LG mortal? Could be tricky for him."

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 12:54 PM
Nightstar grins.

"Awwww, I was going to do my Clint Eastwood thing."

She sits back down to await the return of the drow.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-21, 12:56 PM
Done with his safety warning, the ninja leaves.

The inebriated bovine begins to sing again.

I am cow, hear me moo. I weigh twice as much as you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW4vvG4ksJE

Kyral
2007-01-21, 12:56 PM
Kyral turns to face Nightstar and raises his glass in greeting. "G'day."

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 12:57 PM
He turns to Libris "I hope so, but CE greater god powers given to a LG mortal? Could be tricky for him."

"Remind me not to cast Detect Evil on him then. I don't want my head to explode. But I don't know... I know they say power corrupts, but in Hawkeye's case... I guess I just can't see it happening. The only time's he's really gone off the rails was under demonic influence, or maybe if someone went after Wu or his children, but in the latter case, wholly understandable. It's not as though I'm particularly forgiving of those who threaten Greeny and Kratos."

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 01:02 PM
"G'day Kyral, fancy a drink ?"

DarkHunter
2007-01-21, 01:03 PM
Randan yawns

Some people have no taste for irnoy.

He finishes his drink and orders a chimera cabernet instead, being under orders to observe rather than stir up trouble today.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 01:03 PM
Verdandi comes into the bar, her entire posture far more assured and stern than normal. She looks around, then goes over to the bartender (who happens to be Cosmo). I am looking for Dexavar- he left a note at the police station saying he would be here. Do you know if he is here at the moment? She looks around the bar, probably seeing Dexavar but not knowing who he is.

Deadly
2007-01-21, 01:04 PM
Michael walks in, waving at the Librarian before sitting down and ordering a cup of coffee.

Eldoran
2007-01-21, 01:04 PM
Eldoran nods "We shall see...I mean Merant's got LG god powers, and I think he's just as evil as ever."

Kyral
2007-01-21, 01:05 PM
Kyral looks a little surprised that she knows his name, but nods. "Why not? I'll have a Djinn and Tonic."

The_Librarian
"Michael!" Kratos yelps, before changing back to his cubbish shape, charging across the tavern and hopping up into the old man's lap. "Hullo! How are you?"

The librarian frowns.

"I'm amazed he'd be able to make lawful good powers work for him," she says. "But then, I don't make the rules, I just obey them." She orders a liquer. "Most of the time."

Castaras
Castaras slowly appears again, grabbing the rest of her drink. Strangely enough, she isn't that drunk yet.

Blood
2007-01-21, 01:07 PM
Castaras glares at Dexavar.

So I'm the only half-drow here...great. She murmurs.

She then pointedly ignores the drow, watching Nightstar coldly.

((Dexavar may be a drow, but being a lich, it's hard to tell. Plus, he's magically disguised as a human at the moment.))

McBish
The mutt looks up and sees Vera. Hey cheif. He then yawns.

Timberwolf
((Bleh, sorry))

"Sure, why not COSSSSSMMMMOOOOOO !!!!! GET OVER HERE !!!"

While they are waiting for the harried gnome, she asks

"So what's with the arms ? Have they always burned like that ?"

She sees Castaras return

"Excuse me for one minute."

She heads back over to Castaras, rummaging in her handbag until she finds what she's looking for

Castaras
2007-01-21, 01:08 PM
((Ok then, sorry about that))

Deadly
2007-01-21, 01:09 PM
Michael looks a bit surprised but smiles at the wolf "Hi, I'm doing fine. Things have finally settled down it seems. And you?"

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 01:10 PM
I am looking for Dexavar- he left a note at the police station saying he would be here. Do you know if he is here at the moment?
((I meant for you to overhear that, Blood.))
Verdandi looks over to the mutt and frowns. I'm sorry, but I do not quite remember you...

Lord Magtok
2007-01-21, 01:10 PM
The cow continues to sing.

...Milk, cream, cheese, and butter comes from liquid from my udder...

Castaras
2007-01-21, 01:11 PM
Castaras looks at Nightstar coldly.

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 01:11 PM
((No worries))

Nightstar reaches the drow and discreetly sticks her silenced pistol in her ribs.

"Looking for this ?"

Blood
2007-01-21, 01:12 PM
Verdandi comes into the bar, her entire posture far more assured and stern than normal. She looks around, then goes over to the bartender (who happens to be Cosmo). I am looking for Dexavar- he left a note at the police station saying he would be here. Do you know if he is here at the moment? She looks around the bar, probably seeing Dexavar but not knowing who he is.
((Ah, sorry, didn't see the post.))

Dexavar walks over to Verdandi, his black hair automatically becoing unruffled. "I apologize for having to leave last time I met with an officer. My player was busy." He holds out a hand for her to shake. "I am Dexavar."

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 01:13 PM
Verdandi turns away from the mutt and Cosmo and takes his hand. I am Captain Verdandi. So you are interested in joining the force?

McBish
2007-01-21, 01:14 PM
Um... I'm Al. The mutt raises his head up a bit so she can see the badge. You know the adorable but equally tough K9 officer. He raises an eyebrow.

Castaras
Castaras looks at Nightstar, with a hint of surprise showing.

What grudge do you have against me, human?

Eldoran
The librarian frowns.

"I'm amazed he'd be able to make lawful good powers work for him," she says. "But then, I don't make the rules, I just obey them." She orders a liquer. "Most of the time."

Eldoran sips his wine "He shouldn't have been able to work the magic of that pendant...but he did. He's very adaptable and tenacious that demon. And very dangerous."

Kyral
Kyral shakes his head. "Not always, just for the past...forty years, I think it is? Hmm." He shrugs and takes his drink. "Alright, then. Thanks."

Blood
2007-01-21, 01:15 PM
Dexavar's intense blue eyes seem to glow as he shakes her hand. "I am." He looks down at the mutt. "Ah, another officer. Pleased to meet you."

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 01:16 PM
Well I know I saw your name on the list of officers before I came here, but otherwise- Verdandi shrugs. I have forgotten a number of things while I was away in Valhalla. She turns back to Dexavar. Is there anything you wish to know about the police force, or should we just go back to the station?

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 01:16 PM
Eldoran sips his wine "He shouldn't have been able to work the magic of that pendant...but he did. He's very adaptable and tenacious that demon. And very dangerous."

"What pendant's that?" the librarian asks.

Kratos grins at Michael.

"I'm okay. We're having a lazy weekend."

Eldoran
2007-01-21, 01:18 PM
"The one that got this whole mess started, when I first showed up many months ago."

McBish
2007-01-21, 01:18 PM
Ah... I see. He then shuts up to let her talk to the new guy.

Meynolds
2007-01-21, 01:19 PM
Chance, having fallen asleep earlier, wakes up and looks around.
He orders a hot chocolate.

A singing cow. Wierd.

His hot chocolate arives and he blows fire on it, to get it really warm.

That's better.

He sips at it and continues to look around.

Blood
"I would like to know any prerequisites and initializing rituals, and then I will be ready."

Timberwolf
"I have no grudge against you... yet drow. Yes, I know what you are, I've met your kind before. They died... easily, even the spider priest. Root through my bag without permission again, however and you'll be finding out what a grudge truly is."

She brings up her left hand with her other pistol in it to cover the drider.

"I can see you 2 are up to something. I can respect that, even appreciate it. However, make sure whatever it is doesn't harm these people in this town. I'm new here but I get the idea people take a dim view of being hurt round here."

Deadly
2007-01-21, 01:20 PM
Michael smiles "Sounds like my kind of weekend"

Lord Magtok
2007-01-21, 01:21 PM
The cow is a bit upset with the lack of attention its been getting.
It starts singing even louder.

Castaras
2007-01-21, 01:22 PM
Castaras eyes blaze in fury.

You dare suggest I would work with an abomination like him?
She pushes the pistol away and throws a bolt of lightening at the drider.

Missed me, half-human!

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 01:23 PM
Verdandi nods. First you must pass an alignment test. If you are chaotic or evil in nature, or both, then you cannot join the force. After that, it is simply a matter of swearing a few oaths that involve upholding the laws and doing your duties as an officer. If you wish me to go into specifics about the latter, I can tell you that. She looks at Castaras. One moment, Dexavar. She flies over to Castaras, drawing her sword instantly and getting in between her and the drider. Whats going on here?

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 01:23 PM
"What, this sort of thing?" Greeny asks, getting to his feet and indicating the red/orangey pendant around his neck. The librarian clears her throat and takes a large gulp of her liquer.

"Oh," she says in dismay. "That pendant."

Lord Magtok
2007-01-21, 01:24 PM
((I thought you have to have Lawful or Good in your alignment to join...)))

Blood
2007-01-21, 01:25 PM
"I am satisfied with that, but I must tell-" He hears the lightning bolt being cast and looks around. "Hold Person!" he casts, at the half-drow attacking.

McBish
2007-01-21, 01:25 PM
((New boss.))

The mutt groans and goes over next to Vera.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 01:26 PM
((I do not believe so, but Verdandi plans on putting down new rules anyways, so this is how it will be. Wait until I update the station.))

Castaras
2007-01-21, 01:26 PM
The drider starts to creep away.

Mistress will be pleased...very pleased.

Castaras chases after the drider, trying to dodge the people in the tavern, sword drawn, hand raised to cast a spell. She freezes as the hold person spell surrounds her. Her eyes are pure blue, livid with rage.

Meynolds
2007-01-21, 01:27 PM
Annoyed by the singing cow, Chance snaps and casts...

Silence.

Eldoran
2007-01-21, 01:27 PM
Eldoran bites his lip slightly "Oh. Sorry Libris, I didn't think before saying that..."

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 01:28 PM
Nightstar uses the push from Castaras to pirouette into a shadow, entering it and emerging from another one a few metres from Castaras, aiming both guns at her.

"That's quite enough. I don't know what you're up to and I'm not particularly bothered as long as it doesn't involve mass carnage. That's my job. But take my warning as it's meant. Touch my bag again and you might live to regret it, but I doubt it"

Wayril
2007-01-21, 01:28 PM
Wayril enters dressed in black and no longer recognizable to those who may have known him. Hmm. Long time no see. I wonder what I'll have today.
A half orc follows closely behind him carrying an orange cat. Murbog want Constitution crushing wine.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 01:29 PM
Al, go after the drider and find out what he is doing. Dexavar, you are deputized- follow Al's lead. As for you- She glares at Castaras. You are under arrest and if you resist I will bring you in by force. Will you come quietly? She glances over at Nightstar. Put those weapons away before I arrest you as well.

Castaras
2007-01-21, 01:30 PM
Castaras eyes widen in fury.

The Drider laughs, slipping through the carnage and destruction.

McBish
2007-01-21, 01:30 PM
The mutt chases after the drider. Hey you there. Stop.

Blood
2007-01-21, 01:31 PM
Dexavar nods at Verdandi's order, then chases after the drider, following Al.

Timberwolf
Nightstar puts her guns in her bag and smiles at Verdandi.

She glares at Castaras

"Message received I hope. Think on it."

Kyral
Kyral watches the commotion with a sigh, not wanting to get invloved and seeing that Verdandi seems to have it all under control.

Castaras
The drider, hearing the mutt come after him, snarls.

Keep out of this rat!

Lord Magtok
2007-01-21, 01:33 PM
The singing cow leaves, knowing that the silence spell will keep it silent for a while.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 01:33 PM
Verdandi's eyes narrow at Nightstar. I want you to come to the station with me. You are not under arrest, but I want to know what is going on here, and you seem to know. She looks back at Castaras, then pulls out her antimagic manacles and begins to put them on the half-drow.

Wayril
2007-01-21, 01:34 PM
Hmm. Little has changed, I'm suprised I even came back.

Castaras
2007-01-21, 01:35 PM
Castaras pales as the manacles close round her hands. She starts shaking, trembling with fear. Her eyes are pale grey, she is terrified, yet can do nothing about it.

Timberwolf
"Sure, I'll be over in a minute."

She leaves

McBish
Rat? Come on I mean sure I haven't had a bath in a while but really, a rat. As for staying out of it, sorry I can't. I'm going to have to ask you to come to the station for a bit. Just to clear up some stuff.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 01:38 PM
Verdandi nods to Nightstar as she snaps the manacles around Castaras's wrists and grabs her upperarm. Do not try anything. She tries to take her out of the tavern.

Blood
2007-01-21, 01:38 PM
((Is the drider still running?))

Dexavar, being a monk, manages to get ahead of the drider, and blocks the door. "Come quietly, and we question you. Resist, and we hold you prisoner."

Castaras
2007-01-21, 01:39 PM
((I have to go in a few mins))

Castaras faints in fear as the manacles close. ((Do what you want with her, she ain't waking up yet))

The drider carries on running, and stops in front of Dexavar.

Stupid monk, get out of my way!

Wayril
2007-01-21, 01:39 PM
Spark eyes Al hungrily.

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 01:40 PM
Eldoran bites his lip slightly "Oh. Sorry Libris, I didn't think before saying that..."

"Look, don't worry about it," the librarian says swiftly. "It's all right. Just, well... paladins know how to hold on to their guilt is all. Believe me, if I had known the trouble it would have caused, I never would have thrown it to him." She smiles slightly. "And now he has godpowers and a beautiful wife, so it's not all that bad."

McBish
2007-01-21, 01:41 PM
((Where is it running to?))

The mutt doesn't notice Spark looking at it. Please stop running around it won't take a minute.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 01:41 PM
Verdandi slings Castaras over her shoulder and goes to the door, glaring at the drider. Come with us or I will drag you with us.

Castaras
2007-01-21, 01:42 PM
The drider trips and falls, knocking his head on the door and falling unconcious

((While I'm gone do what you want with them, but they ain't waking up))

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 01:44 PM
((That works. I was going to have Verdandi hit him in the face with her sword hilt, but random accidents work too.))
Verdandi shakes her head. Can either of you get the drider, or should I carry him?

McBish
2007-01-21, 01:44 PM
Well that works. Sorry I could drag it there but that leaves nasty teeth marks. The mutt looks at Dexavar, Don't suppose you can help carrying it to the station.

((Ah simu'd.))

Blood
2007-01-21, 01:45 PM
Dexavar smiles slightly as he heaves the drider over his shoulder. "The drider is not guilty of assault, but are there any laws that he might have broken? I am still new to this place."

Eldoran
2007-01-21, 01:45 PM
Eldoran grins at Libris "True that, they were slightly thrown together when all's said and told. I haven't seen him much since then...but I sense he's happy and that's all good for him. He deserves some peace for all the trouble he's been through."

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 01:48 PM
We want the drider for questioning, as this entire matter makes me suspicious. If the drider had not come with us we really could not have done anything. Yet. I intend on talking to our mayor about the town laws. Verdandi goes out the door.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 01:49 PM
Alex walks downstairs and sits at the bar

McBish
2007-01-21, 01:49 PM
Well he did have a lightning bolt thrown at him. Hopefully he can tell us why. Not to mention it wouldn't be nice to just leave him here.

Blood
2007-01-21, 01:50 PM
Dexavar nods and follows Verdandi out, still carrying the drider.

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 01:52 PM
Eldoran grins at Libris "True that, they were slightly thrown together when all's said and told. I haven't seen him much since then...but I sense he's happy and that's all good for him. He deserves some peace for all the trouble he's been through."

"Well, that's hopeful then. I doubt he'd be happy if he was struggling to keep himself under control." She spots Alex and waves. "Hullo Alex!" She turns back to Eldoran. "Ah, well, you're in luck it seems. One of the Shipmasters has surfaced."

McBish
The mutt follows.

wxdruid
Alena walks downstairs and sits next to Alex. She looks around the Tavern.

Deadly
2007-01-21, 01:54 PM
Michael, after a bit of silence, looks at Kratos "I actually came to say goodbye. This town is not really a place for someone like me, I'm afraid." he says sadly

Kyral
2007-01-21, 01:55 PM
Kyral nods to Alena and takes a sip of his drink. "G'day, Alena."

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 01:56 PM
Alex nods at Libris "Lo Libris, how are you today?" he reaches out for Alena's hand

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 01:58 PM
Michael, after a bit of silence, looks at Kratos "I actually came to say goodbye. This town is not really a place for someone like me, I'm afraid." he says sadly

"Awww, you're goin'?" Kratos asks, ears drooping. "But I guess this place does get kinda crazy sometimes."

The librarian smiles at Alex.

"Very well thanks, and you?" She smiles at Alena. "Hi there."

Eldoran
2007-01-21, 01:58 PM
Eldoran looks at Alex and gives a faint smile. He turns to Libris and whispers "I don't think he would be interested in saying hello to a person he doesn't really know at this point, he's got too much of his mother in him. Anyway, his attention is mostly elsewhere."

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 01:59 PM
Alena slides her hand into Alex's, Hello Kyral. She turns to Libris, Hello.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 02:00 PM
Alex looks at Libris "I'm good" he glances at Alena, smiles and then turns back to Libris "Scratch that, I'm doing great."

Ayya the Fearsome
2007-01-21, 02:01 PM
Ayya barges in, and propmptly orders a flagon of mead.

ayya want refreshing adult beverages!

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 02:01 PM
The librarian grins.

"Always good to hear," she says to Alex, before turning back to Eldoran. "I don't suppose an introduction would help?"

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 02:02 PM
Alena smiles back at Alex, Yes, things are wonderful.

Deadly
2007-01-21, 02:02 PM
Michael nods "After all that's happened... well, I'll miss you, and Libris and Greeny. I got a job on a ship, and the captain promised to take me across the sea. We're setting sail in the morning and I wanted a chance to say goodbye to you all."

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 02:05 PM
Kratos sniffles miserably and hops off Michael's lap.

"You... You tell that captain to take good care of you or I'll bite him! I'll bite him really hard!"

The librarian glances around and looks at Michael sympathetically.

"I hope your townly woes don't follow you to sea," she says. "And I hope the tides take you to peace and happiness."

Eldoran
2007-01-21, 02:06 PM
Eldoran half shrugs at Libris "Thanks for the offer but I don't think now's the time...anyway we've "met" once before and he was a completely different person at that stage."

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 02:08 PM
Alex grins at Libris, then turns to Alena and gently squeezes her hand "Would you like anything to drink?"

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 02:10 PM
She gently squeezes back, I think I'd like to have a muffin, a raspberry one? and a glass of water, please.

Deadly
2007-01-21, 02:10 PM
Michael smiles at Kratos and nods "I will tell him that. He seems like a good man, though, so I don't think you'll have to bite him."

He turns to Libris "I hope so too. And the same to you. It's been a pleasure to get to know you all." he sighs and sips the last of his coffee.

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 02:11 PM
Nightstar returns from the cop shop and orders a DFB. She has bad memories of the police.

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 02:12 PM
"That seems like such a shame. You're one of the few people who really knows his father," she says quietly to Eldoran.

Kyral
2007-01-21, 02:14 PM
Kyral nods to Nightstar. "Hullo. What was that all about?"

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 02:14 PM
Alex nods at Alena and orders a glass of water and a lager from Cosmo, paying when it arrives.

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 02:16 PM
"That was a most rude and unpleasant drow who had the audacity to go through my bag earlier and needed a stern talking to I'm afraid."

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 02:16 PM
Alena nudges him lightly and whispers, muffin?

Eldoran
2007-01-21, 02:18 PM
Eldoran half shrugs back at Libris again "Mostly when I knew Hawkeye he was a slightly different person to what he is now...but he really started to change coming up to the time we parted. All in good time, I've firstly got to wait until 'til Hawkeye shows up to get anything concrete done."

DarkHunter
2007-01-21, 02:20 PM
Randan orders a refil, watching and making notes of people and goings-on in the tavern.

Deadly
2007-01-21, 02:20 PM
Michael stands up, smiles a bit and bows at Libris and the wolves before walking out through the mirror to Inari's.

Kyral
2007-01-21, 02:21 PM
"Hmm." He takes a sip of his drink. "Any idea who she was?"

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 02:23 PM
"Oops" he turns to Cosmo again "And a raspberry muffin please"
"I hope there's a tip in this, you're really cutting into my show leather." Cosmo gets one muffin and holds his hand out for a tip. Alex flips him some coins to pay for and gives a tip, and Cosmo walks away grumbling.

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 02:24 PM
"Not a clue, but she's up to something and it involves that drider. I hate those things. They're easy enough to kill but they just keep coming and they're so bloody cruel you forget they can be nastily intelligent too."

((AFk 20 mins :) ))

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 02:24 PM
Thank you, Alex, Alena smiles and happily starts to eat her muffin, occasionally drinking her water.

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 02:25 PM
The librarian and the two wolves watch Michael leave, and Greeny nudges the librarian's leg affectionately.

"Can't say I blame him after what Jadic did," the wolf growls. Kratos curls up beside the fireplace and says nothing.

The librarian turns back to Eldoran.
"Sorry, Michael helped me to rescue a friend," she explains. "I guess this leaves you somewhat stuck for the time being, then."

Eldoran
2007-01-21, 02:30 PM
Eldoran nods and smiles at Libris "You've done a great deal of that recently. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to stay here and wait, the only problem is the time required to do that."

Kyral
2007-01-21, 02:31 PM
Kyral nods thoughtfully. "Hmm. Well, I wouldn't worry. If whatever she's up to gets out of hand, surely one of the townspeople will interefere."

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 02:32 PM
"Is something due to happen? Do you have time to wait?" the librarian asks.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 02:32 PM
Alex smiles at Alena "No problem Alena" he sits there looking at her, sipping his lager from time to time.

Eldoran
2007-01-21, 02:35 PM
Eldoran shifts uncomfortably "Yes, something is due to happen...but far away from here and I don't think this town will be affected by it. I hope. It'll be good dealing with it sooner rather than later," he looks around the tavern "And I don't think I should talk any more about it here, who knows who might be listening."

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 02:35 PM
She finishes her muffin and builds up her courage. She smiles over at Alex before taking a stool over to an empty corner. She unbags her harp and starts to tune it as she listens to conversations in the Tavern.

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 02:37 PM
She finishes her muffin and builds up her courage. She smiles over at Alex before taking a stool over to an empty corner. She unbags her harp and starts to tune it as she listens to conversations in the Tavern.

"Would you care for a walk, then?" the librarian asks. "If you'd like to talk about it, that is."

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 02:38 PM
Alex nods at Libris and takes his drink over to a table near Alena. He pulls up a chair next to her.

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 02:43 PM
((Ack, sorry, I meant to quote Eldoran))

"I'm not sure where's really quiet these days," she says to Eldoran. "But we could go elsewhere."

Eldoran
2007-01-21, 02:45 PM
Eldoran shifts uncomfortably again, he whispers at Libris "Sorry, I'd like to keep the infomation in my head until it's needed, anywhere I go there may be...people who would be very interested in what I've got to say. Even then it might not be safe, I'll just have to pray to Ilmater that he'll keep his messanger out of trouble."

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 02:47 PM
Not hearing any objections to her tuning she starts to play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elykHnWUTVw) quietly.

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 02:51 PM
((back))

"Yes, I do hope so although she seems fairly weak for an agent of her goddess. I've met a couple of really really frightening ones. I'm not sure what shes up to but I'm glad she's arrested and not able to do it right now."

Nevrmore
2007-01-21, 02:51 PM
A man enters the tavern, slamming the door against the wall adjacent. The look on his face is somewhere between "Happy" and "Psychotic." The reason for this is that now, only the gods themselves would be able to know that inside this very man's head, the horrible, murderous brain-eating Neothelid Descartes is controlling him.

The_Librarian
2007-01-21, 02:52 PM
The librarian nods at the fiery wizard.

"I'll try putting in a good word for you with Bahamutte, too," she says, before scratching Greeny's ears and glancing over at Kratos. She sighs. "Oh dear, I think he's going to take this hard. I wish you better luck than you've had thus far, Eldoran. In the meantime, I think we'll head home." Greeny nudges the cub to his feet, though Kratos is the very picture of grief as he follows the larger wolf and the half-dragon out of the tavern.

Eldoran
2007-01-21, 02:54 PM
Eldoran nods at Libris "See you later Libris" he then frowns "And I'll better be going as well..." he 'ports out of the tavern

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 02:55 PM
Nightstar groans inwardly, another loony has just walked in. This time she isn't getting involved so easily, she's decided, whatever he's up to, whatever it is, 2 trips to the police station would be too much for one so small.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 02:55 PM
Alex leans back and listens to the music

Kyral
2007-01-21, 02:57 PM
"Hmm." He looks over at the man and raises an eyebrow.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 02:59 PM
Aesa teleports into the tavern and sits down at the bar.

Nevrmore
2007-01-21, 03:00 PM
"Did I ask you meatbags to lay your disgusting looks upon me?" The man spits, as if even their gaze is indicative of their lowliness to him. He takes a seat at an empty table.

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 03:00 PM
Alena smoothly transitions to this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtnDUSJfbzU&mode=related&search=), creating the bird songs with her voice.

Nevrmore
2007-01-21, 03:02 PM
The man covers his ears at Alena's song, "Ahh! Stop that racket, you dumb duck! A braindead chimp could sing better than that!"

((Don't take it personally, Descartes is just an ass))

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 03:04 PM
Aesa snickers at the man who is calling people meatbags. No, you just got our looks anyways. Stop whining about it.

Meynolds
2007-01-21, 03:06 PM
Chance stands up and works his way over to the bald man in a red robe, carefully avoiding the obviously crazed man.

Hi, I donīt believe I've seen you before. You have a name?

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 03:07 PM
Nightstar draws the bars shadows around her, disappearing into them.

Nevrmore
2007-01-21, 03:08 PM
"Seeing your looks is almost as bad as hearing your grating voices." The man says, ignoring Cosmo who is impatiently waiting for him to order a drink.

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 03:10 PM
Alena does her best to ignore Descartes as she plays another song.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 03:11 PM
I pity you. There must be so much of life that you hate. No, I take that back, I do not pity you. I think I will just torment you then, if my gaze and voice are so hateful to you. Aesa walks over and sits next to the man, smirking. It should not be too hard to torment someone who is so easily irritated.

Nevrmore
2007-01-21, 03:14 PM
"Fine, do what you wish. You may seek enjoyment by tormenting me know, but I'll have even more pleasure when I'm smashing your skull like an egg on the cold, hard floor."

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 03:15 PM
Oh my, fiesty are we? Aesa chuckles darkly. Look, I do not know who you are, but if you were someone who could defeat me I would already know.

Castaras
2007-01-21, 03:16 PM
The drider walks in, takes a drink, then sits in the corner. He seems very pleased with himself.

Nevrmore
2007-01-21, 03:19 PM
"Ha, the arrogant meat is the first to the slaughter."

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 03:20 PM
Indeed it is. Aesa smirks at him.

McBish
2007-01-21, 03:21 PM
Finn comes inside and orders a ale. He looks around the tavern.

Nevrmore
2007-01-21, 03:21 PM
"Listen, duck, I see you're enjoying this witty repartee, but you could either leave me now or speed up the inevitable and run yourself through a sword"

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 03:23 PM
A sword? How messy... and besides, I already told you that my goal was to irritate you, why do you expect me to stop? Aesa chuckles and summons a glass of wine.

Nevrmore
2007-01-21, 03:24 PM
"I just never thought I'd meet a meatbag stupid enough to value her pithy little tricks she thinks are so clever over her own life. The world astounds." Descartes leans back in his chair, folding his arms.

McBish
2007-01-21, 03:24 PM
Finn looks over at the man that currently has Descartes in his head and shakes his head.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 03:26 PM
I never expected to meet someone as arrogant as I am. However, I believe my arrogance is mostly justified... yours seems to be bred from ignorance.

Nevrmore
2007-01-21, 03:27 PM
"Ignorance of what? This world? You meatbags? I only wish I were ignorant of that. If I were then maybe I wouldn't be here, contemplating the best way to kill an annoying winged thrall who is unjustifiably intrepid."

Meynolds
2007-01-21, 03:29 PM
Chance orders a Hydrogelic's 110 proof Firewater. Lighting it on fire he drains it and leaves the Tavern.

McBish
2007-01-21, 03:29 PM
Finn orders another ale shaking his head some more and waits for the nastiness to happen.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 03:30 PM
You have no idea who you are talking to, do you?

Nevrmore
2007-01-21, 03:32 PM
"Neither do you."

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 03:36 PM
Oh really? I do not? Aesa smirks at him. I know alot more than you might think...

Nevrmore
2007-01-21, 03:37 PM
"I think I've heard more than a few of you meatbags claim the same thing for nought."

Castaras
2007-01-21, 03:38 PM
The drider gets up and heads out.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 03:41 PM
Aesa's looks at him and smirks. Oh, well you never know what one might learn around here. People's names, leads to an assassin... rumors of an insane, revolting illithid-like creature feeding on people's brains and taking over their bodies...

Nevrmore
2007-01-21, 03:43 PM
Descartes' eyes narrow.

"Insane brain-eating creature, eh? I guess that means you'd better watch your back a little more."

DarkHunter
Randan watches Aesa and the posessed-NPC curiously

Timberwolf
Nightstar, still sitting at the bar, wrapped in her shadows, pricks up her ears at what Aesa is saying.

McBish
2007-01-21, 03:44 PM
Finn looks over at Descartes. Ah the shark.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 03:44 PM
Aesa chuckles. Oh, I do not believe I have anything to fear from you, Descartes. I know what I am up against... do you? She twirls her magic rod, grinning.
((Ah, but bardic knowledge is a wonderful thing.))

Castaras
2007-01-21, 03:46 PM
A little girl wanders into the tavern.

Have you seen my dolly?

Nevrmore
2007-01-21, 03:46 PM
Damn this useless Ring of Disguise Self

"Knowing is half the battle, my dear. The other half is not dying. I don't know what kind of magic you have, but can it regenerate an eaten brain? Can it protect against the drilling against your head as I scoop out your worthless cognitive tissue like leaves from the gutter?"

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 03:47 PM
Yes. Would you like to try it? It could be amusing... Aesa chuckles at him.

Nevrmore
2007-01-21, 03:49 PM
"Excuse me if I'm not wont to believe you."

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 03:51 PM
Oh I excuse people's stupidity on a regular basis, do not fear. Aesa smirks and sips her wine.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-21, 03:53 PM
Drake comes downstairs and goes to the bar, ordering a Merfolk Merlot.

Castaras
2007-01-21, 03:54 PM
The little girl points at the possessed npc.

Bossy man look funny.

Timberwolf
2007-01-21, 03:55 PM
Still wrapped in her cloak of shadows, Nightstar backflips over the bar and hides behind it. Opening her seeming bottomless hangbag, she reaches in and pulls out a Clan Elemental Light Support Weapon. SHe flips down the bipod and inserts a belt of ammunition.

Nevrmore
"Does it excite you to believe that you're powerful enough to be so stupid and aloof? Do you think it makes you on some higher gyre than I? Because if we were still in the Underdark, my dear, I can assure you that right now you would be corraled in a pin, naked, bound, and beaten, being fed on whatever disgusting maggots we could scrounge up and being conditioned to be nothing more than the host of one of my glorious brethren. Then your sarcastic little attitude would be shattered like your weak little bones, and your last words would be 'Oh gods, why?! Please, please stop!' instead of some witty one-liner you seem to think you'll go out with."

McBish
Finn shakes his head and raises an eyebrow at the little girl.

Castaras
2007-01-21, 03:56 PM
The little girl smiles at Finn.

Have you seen my dolly? I can't find her. She's going to be sad.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 03:59 PM
Excuse me? What makes you think I would beg to the gods? Damned arrogant immortals, they can be worse than I am. Aesa shakes her head at him. The underdark is hardly anything to be afraid of though, and I found it very fun to be in, actually. I did not stay there long though.

McBish
2007-01-21, 03:59 PM
I haven't seen your dolly. Where was it last? He keeps an eye on the possesed man. ((Finn is the guy on the far right of my sig for those who don't know.))

Xaspian
2007-01-21, 04:01 PM
Pelgof walks in, and sits down at a table.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-21, 04:01 PM
Iames appears in the Tavern, noting all the unfamiliar faces, and a familiar one. Hello, Aesa.

Castaras
2007-01-21, 04:02 PM
Mummy said she left it here.

The little girl looks at Finn, pointing at his face.

Why do you have blue lines on your face?

DarkHunter
2007-01-21, 04:03 PM
Randan nods at Iames, and watches him

darnin
2007-01-21, 04:03 PM
Darnin wakes up and looks around.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 04:04 PM
Hello Iames. I see you found Vera. Aesa's eyes do not leave Descartes.

Nevrmore
2007-01-21, 04:04 PM
"God ahead and think you're some kind of big bad thrall, you little winged whore. It'll just be more enjoyable for whenever I see your blood making modern art on the ground."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-21, 04:05 PM
Drake turns in his seat, looking around at the other customers. He sips his drink.

McBish
2007-01-21, 04:05 PM
Ah these just mark me as a warrior. I ussually only wear them in battle but in this town... He shrugs. Who is your mommy?