PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Star Wars classes

Tsuki_Ouji
2013-12-25, 09:21 PM
I'm going to do a star wars game soon, using the 2002 Revised edition. Can anybody help me with a Jedi Shadow prestige class, powers like pyromancy and force jump (among others), and adapting the prestige classes from the Dark Side Handbook to the proper level of usefulness/rule-set (especially Dark Force Witch)?

Thrysierius
2013-12-27, 12:17 PM
I'm going to do a star wars game soon, using the 2002 Revised edition. Can anybody help me with a Jedi Shadow prestige class, powers like pyromancy and force jump (among others), and adapting the prestige classes from the Dark Side Handbook to the proper level of usefulness/rule-set (especially Dark Force Witch)?

I'd encourage you to use Saga Edition instead of Revised. I played a Jedi in Revised and found the point based Power/Life portion to be ridiculously unbalanced. While I agree when you're injured it should be harder to use your Force Powers, using them shouldn't directly affect and make you easier to kill.

BWR
2013-12-27, 02:47 PM
Easy fix: have a seperate pool of Force power points equal to Vp.

While SWSE had a lot of good stuff, I detested the Skills and Force mechanics and the condition track.

Tsuki_Ouji
2013-12-28, 02:40 AM
Instead of using Saga, I was toying with the idea of giving Force-users an allotment of Force points like the Psionic classes; besides, Saga seems too close
to 4.0 style rules for my taste. In addition, all of the players, myself,
and particularly the guy who's most experienced in the Star Wars RPG
are rather used to Revised; we don't want to have to figure out a
radically different system from what we're used to.

Anyway, I'll probably keep the stamina system; it makes perfect sense to us. It's personal energy, rather than a mana/hp system. You use your own energy to dodge attacks and fuel your powers, and when you're too tired, you can't dodge or pew anymore.

BWR
2013-12-28, 07:25 AM
The Force Speed chain takes care of Force Jump.

Jedi Shadow (http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/starwarsroleplaying/jedi/shadow.htm)
And another (http://www.ugavine.com/class_shadow.htm)

As for the Vp=Force mana, it sounds good on paper but my experience was that Jedi emptied themselves of power too quickly and went down easily. It also meant that Dissipate Energy was a no-brainer. It's pretty much a no-brainer even if you have a seperate mana pool.

Dark Force Witch - subtract 1 from Defense bonus, double fear penalty.